Running amp off of bose amp?

Tomo13

Reaction score
Been searching for days and still no luck.

Im im looking at upgrading my sub in a 2007 a3 (full bose)
was thinking is it possible to use the output for the sub to run a separate amp? If not what's my best option..thanks.

if you mean use the wiring then its not really worth doing as the size of the wiring limits what amplifier you can use

you could look at installing an amplifier and running it from the 12 volt socket like this
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/car-entertainment/205857-i-now-have-bass.html

the only other option is to install new wiring from the battery itself and if your going to that effort you may as well install an amp capable of running whatever you wish

I mean taking the signal used for the oem sub and running it through a converter to a new amp? Or just changing the sub and leaving the amp?

there isnt really a chance to upgrade just the speaker as the amp itself isnt powerfull enough to push anything else so as you would notice
the signal from the headunit is at line level so doesnt need converting

there isnt really a chance to upgrade just the speaker as the amp itself isnt powerfull enough to push anything else so as you would notice
the signal from the headunit is at line level so doesnt need converting

Ok thanks. So does that mean I can just cut the end off of an RCA lead and crimp them to the sub out puts. And run another amp like that?

you could yes but you can also buy a convertor which gives you a sub out at the headunit
you simply connect an rca to it and you can put the amp wherever you like

So would the signal from the bose amp (powering the sub) be sufficient to power an additional amplifier?

yes the signal is sufficient strength
however the power wiring and everything else isnt

might have been better running an rca cable when you ran the others as the well
the std audi or bose lead is unshielded so can pick noise up