RSQ3 RSQ3

Since my remap , Been out twice in my car, York to Leeds , when I put my foot down the front wheels spin , The all wheel drive comes in, But takes a few secs ????

Reactions: NevMan
To add , Pulling out on a fast road my car struggles with traction up to (the speed limit) ??? and a bit, The traction light flashes on dash.

Since my remap , Been out twice in my car, York to Leeds , when I put my foot down the front wheels spin , The all wheel drive comes in, But takes a few secs ????
That is a characteristics of the hadex system in that it has to detect a small amount of slip before the rear wheels join in.
It has been refined through the various generations to limit that, so unless its more than just a quick slip then its normal

Reactions: cosmicblue and NevMan
To add , Pulling out on a fast road my car struggles with traction up to (the speed limit) ??? and a bit, The traction light flashes on dash.
No map on mine but apart from a quick skip on a loose footing it feels nothing but planted and sets off like a scalded cat!
Have you scanned it for any issues?

Hi Ju, Its back in at York Audi soon, Ill get them to check.

You have obdeleleven dont you?
My gut feeling is its fine Alan

My car is mapped Alan,Ju may well be right,but I dont experience what you are when I give my car the beans. Uneven surfaces or damp roads sometimes make the t/c light flash briefly,but that’s it.

Last weekend had a sit in a new rs, 70 reg sportback, Dealer asked if I wanted a test drive, And offered a decent px, I said thank you, But no and walked away, Very very nice motors though ,

filled my tank today, says 356 miles, going to Chester on Monday, Back later on in the week, So once back Ill fill it up to see a true reading on miles to gall ect, Not expecting a lot lol.

A decent run should get you into the low 30s Alan, the few times I ran the Performance from Warwick down to our Staines office M40/M25 I'd see 31-32mpg actual with the DIS claiming 37..yeah pigs might fly!

But what did the dis say?
Mine averages 25 but I don't believe it!

DIS tells porkies! With Alan achieving 29.15mph actual, DIS would have said something like 33.7mpg :blahblah1:

Not bad at all especially for 'smiles per mile' :icon thumright::icon thumright::icon thumright:

Reactions: alanyork
Had my car 2 years now, bought it July 2019 9884 miles, july 2020 12913 miles, today 15976 miles , pasted mot with one advisories offside front tyre near legal limit, Garage carried out end of warranty check, all ok. Carried out basic settings of haldex system adjust , now all ok, My car spun the wheels on hard driving, After this visit It drives better the back end sits down and it just goes ( Very well)

Reactions: NevMan and -Ju-
Quite surprised you still have it Alan after the few wobbles you've had in the last year.
It does go to show what a compelling package the RSQ3 is and how hard it is to replace for the money!

Reactions: NevMan and Paul McGrath’s Knees
RSQ3 for the money , Nothing better what I know off, Big When I do change Its going to be a newer model Vorsprung Sportback, one @ Overton Prestige really nice £59.500, Or Im going to look at a SQ2 , massive OR, Ill more than likely keep mine , As Im to tight.

SQ2?
The new shape is better looking than the old one but it would never replace an RSQ3!
I'd say blow your money on the new RSQ3 or save your money and keep the trailblazer RSQ3, you'll have £35k in your pocket to spend on the rest of life's pleasures

When i change , It will be the new shape RSQ3. I think if I got anything else I would regret it,

Car got to 17000 miles today, from 9000 when i bought it 2 years ago, >>> And i dont plan on getting rid, Nothing good enough really,

Reactions: NevMan and -Ju-
Almost had mine 12 months Alan. I loved it when I bought it and I love it even more now.
MOT done today, the next 12 months tax paid, 2 new p zeros to go on tomorrow and the major service in 2 weeks.
A decent expense but worth every penny and I've sailed through the 10 month itch I normally get without even a thought.
It's a rare beast and great car .....why would you move on!

Reactions: cosmicblue, alanyork and NevMan
Great to
You you chaps are still loving your RSQ3’s. Fantastic machines

Reactions: -Ju-
Like Ju, mine is approaching its 1st birthday, just taxed it for 12 months and the insurance renewal came from NFU this morning - for the 2nd year in succession the premium has fallen. Like its RSQ3 predecessors it makes me smile every time I push that Start button. :icon thumright:

Ju i still need to replace 1 front tyre, the other side is 5 mil, do you think both fronts ?? or find a runner with 5 mil.

Ju i still need to replace 1 front tyre, the other side is 5 mil, do you think both fronts ?? or find a runner with 5 mil.
5mm is still a decent tread depth but I'd be tempted to buy a pair and keep the 5mm in the garage as a spare.
I wouldn't just change 1 as you should have a closely matched pair on each axle
The other option would be to buy one off ebay but you run the risk of hidden damage on a used tyre.

Both my fronts are 3-4mm but with wear on the inner edges so will be getting the tracking checked at the same time.
I'm quite excited to get new tyres lol but also extremely nervous they don't mark the rims!

Yep we like our rims as they are ha ha, garage replaced 1 front for me when i bought it 2 years ago, that has about 5 mil on now the backs are the same, just 1 front is near the limit,

Still really happy with my RS, on 18635 miles now.
Me too Alan, they are great cars the original 8U RSQ3's and forever available in more and more limited numbers!
Keep it until you have another wobble lol
Just got a Cete AVC for mine but unfortunately it doesn't work as expected so I'm not sure if its going back yet......I've ordered an ASR RX1 just incase lol....both do the same but in a different way.

Must only be a few performance about, Ive never seen another on the road, And only 3 other RSQ3 ,s

Mine on 18K miles and massive main dealer history , Must be rarer too ,

sort off, oil changes spark plugs, full Haldex service, 4 wheel drive set up, Just every thing it needs , I think :blush:

Ju your car with spec , colour ect , is much rarer than my plain jane one :wub:

Ju your car with spec , colour ect , is much rarer than my plain jane one :wub:
I think they're all rare tbh as I've never seen more than one of any colour on the road!