RSQ3 RSQ3

7b0df0cef317d03bdbb59bb95c98e383.jpg

Those few bottles, just given to me @ happy customer, this is the main suppliers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and isleaiw
Painful mate nothing but brute force really broke 5 clips on the large one taking it off , the small RS badge we had to cut the lugs off from behind the grill .
fbd380a80c6accbdda895ca929283cef.jpg

Started on my badges today... i got the 4 rings off with a little force and broke a few clips like you but hey ho... the replacement went straight in.

That RS badge is a pig... and has resulted in a few expletives! :rage: Did you take the whole honey comb grill off to get access to this... really cant see how its clipped in behind and scared of damaging the honey comb with any more force... Did you cut from the front of the RS badge or have a handy tool to reach around the back?

Gonna do the rear badges tomorrow hopefully, so it doesnt look stupid driving with gloss black rings and the front and chrome at the back lol.

I took the top cover off above the rad , just clips off , then just cut the back off the Rs badge

Just had mine detailed and ceramic coated , looks good

6acbab89a44791c6dfdbe929ea04ce93.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, isleaiw and -Ju-
7425ab64ae3afaef10c62843cad0138b.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, isleaiw, cosmicblue and 1 other person
cf8a209994edbbc7328e79fd7bed33bc.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, isleaiw and -Ju-
Never heard of that one,looks great though I’d recommend Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz as a topper,fabulous to use and looks fabulous I’ve recently got PA High Gloss to try as well,but with all this rain,& no garage,I’m still waiting to try it out

Reactions: NevMan
Elite Detailer (York) did mine (personal friend) He has done many of my cars , As Ive done lots of building work for him,

Back when I had the RS4 detailed I was introduced to Gyeon - they do some fabulous products. Did my wife's A1 with Gyeon Wet Coat the other day. You wash the car normally and just before the final drying stage you spray the wet panels (1 panel at a time) with Wet Coat and then hose it off. Finally just drying the car normally - looks fabulous and lasts a few months.

It will be interesting when i wash it, Im told just wash and dry , And it stays this nice, ?? Ill see.

The hydrophobic coating will help the water sheet off after washing and I find a watering can or the hospipe without the end on rather than a jet of water to rinse.
I have some gtechniq crystal serum and Exo ready to go on once the time and weather allows, makes the car so much easier to look after.
You'll love it Alan!

Started on my badges today... i got the 4 rings off with a little force and broke a few clips like you but hey ho... the replacement went straight in.

That RS badge is a pig... and has resulted in a few expletives! :rage: Did you take the whole honey comb grill off to get access to this... really cant see how its clipped in behind and scared of damaging the honey comb with any more force... Did you cut from the front of the RS badge or have a handy tool to reach around the back?

Gonna do the rear badges tomorrow hopefully, so it doesnt look stupid driving with gloss black rings and the front and chrome at the back lol.

With this lockdown, Ive hardly driven my car, So the battery will be suffering, Ive just bought a AA trickle charger. It should keep it strong, (I hope)

I've been thinking about getting one of the ctek chargers too.
Had no issues as yet but the car hardly comes out to play so would be worthwhile.

Reactions: 45bvtc
How did you get on with yours Spike

Sorry yeah, had some time over Xmas at last to give it a shot. Front rings and rear badges are on but bottled it with the RS badge at the front for now. Just couldn't get in behind the radiator to unclipp... Was scared of breaking the plastic clips where the cover is that the bonnet rests on. Will try again tho... Happy with the results considering the amount of glue there was to remove the old ones!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-234528_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-234528_Gallery.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 123
I've been thinking about getting one of the ctek chargers too.
Had no issues as yet but the car hardly comes out to play so would be worthwhile.

You really must, Ju:

CTEK

Each one of ours get a 24-hour trickle-charge every month...
4626.gif

Reactions: NevMan and -Ju-
Bought the AA one last night , it’s at home now , Amazon £27, and lots of 5 star reviews too ,

Found the battery, must be a easier way
24bdc3d596c0cb6791350210124139b9.jpg

Not had a look but can you not connect it to the points under the bonnet where you would jump start from?

Reactions: alanyork
Dont know. If you sort it , Let me know, Im thinking leave the lead connected to the battery , even tape them on, And just leave the end out to connect to power. I really should stick to building work.

Thanks Ju, Yes you can , if you know it’s there

Thanks Ju, Yes you can , if you know it’s there

Haha, at least you know where the battery is now lol

Reactions: NevMan, 45bvtc and alanyork
I may be selling my RS, had a test drive @ Alexanders Prestige yesterday of there Merc glc 63, nice car , (for a merc) The owner knows me, But still took a lot of pestering to get a drive, Make my mind up this week.

I may be selling my RS, had a test drive @ Alexanders Prestige yesterday of there Merc glc 63, nice car , (for a merc) The owner knows me, But still took a lot of pestering to get a drive, Make my mind up this week.
I think its only a matter of time before you talk yourself into another car Alan as I'm guessing you get bored easy lol.
No doubt the GLC63 is a beast and a step up in class but you hated the GLA 45 you had?

Reactions: NevMan and alanyork
Ive done 5 K in the RS , So not a lot think its on 14K now Dec 66, so low mileage, I do change my cars alot, But having slept on it, Decided to get a brand new van, Ford Transit Trail , makes money , Best thing about the merc car is the cabin,

Trannie van vs GLC63? I can see the comparison.
One makes money and the other burns it at an alarming rate lol
I'd take the GLC63 haha
Seriously though you seem to be having this dilemma every month. To say you've only done 5k in the RS, what.dont you like about it

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi Ju, when i got the little amg, I looked at the GLC63s in the showroom and and liked it for size /power ect, But even newer ones have the crabbing pro, Id hate that, as I did with the gla, think I had it 8/10 weeks, awful car 17 plate too, And I like a nice van, lol. My RS is really as new, I like every thing about it. Im keeping it, ha ha ha, For now.

You sound just like me Alan. I've moved on far too many cars for the wrong reasons and plenty for the right ones too I might add!
I don't think that perfect car exists, they all have pluses and minuses, its just down to weighing up the whole package and getting the sweet spot right.
I don't think any of my pals believe me when I say this RSQ3 is staying for a long while.....but that is my intention.
It really is greater than the sum of its parts:icon thumright:

Reactions: alanyork and Paul McGrath’s Knees
You sound just like me Alan. I've moved on far too many cars for the wrong reasons and plenty for the right ones too I might add!
I don't think that perfect car exists, they all have pluses and minuses, its just down to weighing up the whole package and getting the sweet spot right.
I don't think any of my pals believe me when I say this RSQ3 is staying for a long while.....but that is my intention.
It really is greater than the sum of its parts:icon thumright:

Wise words Ju,you’ve hit the nail on the head there sir.

Reactions: -Ju-