RSQ3 RSQ3

It does seem a really good discount which are often hard to get on RS cars.
Still a decent outlay though and a few years of bigger depreciation so not a decision to make in haste.

Reactions: NevMan
Yeah, I've debated it, the generous discount, plus the 1st years RFL and 1st reg fee and delivery rounds out at close to £10k off OTR list, I'm aware that Audi UK are supporting the sale and I'm pretty certain I enquired after this very vehicle back in March so it's hung around a fairly long time.

On a new car you lose the cost of the options, 1st reg fee, and RFL plus the VAT at the point of delivery so a sizeable chunk of that is taken care of with a sweetener of the 5yr/90000 mile Warranty thrown in. It will still lose a chunk of money each month for the 1st 3 or 4 years, plus the £465 RFL.

My original plan was to keep the Performance until a suitable EV appeared which hasn't happened the 2020 option as a long term vehicle is attractive and would likely see me into retirement - I'm 63 now. Spec-wise the Std model it is very similar to the 8U RS performance (mine has blind spot monitoring, lane assist and a speed limit camera) and of course the virtual cockpit - the novelty wore off quickly in the RS4 so not bothered over that.

On balance it doesn't feel like the worst decision I could make.

What sort of price would mine bring p\x Dec ,66 plate 14K miles Audi warranty till june 2021. (Just out of interest )

Will depend how much margin is in the car you are trying to buy - you'd be in the the £25 - £30k band I'd guess. Pop your reg into WeBuyAnyCar.com and you'll get a rough idea.

yeh will do , I paid £36K for it June 2019, so i will have a look,

Im keeping this one, just wondering px price, Ive had loads of good cars, But Ive had this one over a year , Im to tight with the new car road tax, And I only drive it mainly on a Saturday , In my vans all week, Ive 3 and just bought a 20 plate Transit, Vans make me money , Cars loose money, lol, job done.

Reactions: Bryant1998, NevMan and 45bvtc
9 am collection and no pics posted by 11, I mean, surely that deserves a ban.... ;)

Reactions: firecracker69, Paul McGrath’s Knees, NevMan and 2 others
9 am collection and no pics posted by 11, I mean, surely that deserves a ban.... ;)
Not even a sneaky pic before setting off back.... tut tut

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paul McGrath’s Knees, isleaiw, NevMan and 1 other person
Just seen a new black rsq3 in huntington York, first 1 ive seen on the road, ive never seen same as mine on the road , new 1 must be more common, lol.

The 8U RSQ3 is the one to have,obviously far more rare. Absolutely nothing to do with the fact I can’t afford the latest model......honestly

Reactions: alanyork and NevMan
Not even a sneaky pic before setting off back.... tut tut

-JU-: I don’t want to make you as green as your RS,but I think I may well be viewing the new beast “in the flesh” later I’m off to collect a very generous offer of free rubber mats/load protector from a member on the Q3 forum. And the penny has just dropped that I think my benefactor is one and the same.......Cosmicblue

-JU-: I don’t want to make you as green as your RS,but I think I may well be viewing the new beast “in the flesh” later I’m off to collect a very generous offer of free rubber mats/load protector from a member on the Q3 forum. And the penny has just dropped that I think my benefactor is one and the same.......Cosmicblue
Yeah it is, unfortunately I was too far away so well done for that, he is a great guy!

-Ju- I can confirm what you said. John truly is a great guy,so easy to talk to,and with a great dry wit,sometimes you just “get” someone straight off the bat,if you know what I mean,this was one of those times. John,you are a gentleman and a scholar. Guys,the RS is gorgeous,the blue in the seats is inspired,I ended up a nice shade of Java Green myself. Thanks again John,enjoy your Daytona beast,you deserve it.

Reactions: -Ju- and NevMan
Rather than buy some thing a little different to my RSQ3 , Ive just bought a full set of black badges for mine , including RSQ3 for the front grill ! wifes happy as only spending £200,

Reactions: isleaiw and 45bvtc
Rather than buy some thing a little different to my RSQ3 , Ive just bought a full set of black badges for mine , including RSQ3 for the front grill ! wifes happy as only spending £200,

I do like the black badging - my new car comes with it from factory as it has black pack fitted.

My wife would have gone spare had I spent £200 on badges as she would have known it was just a temp delay before swapping anyway....mind she would have complained even more at the £500 I spend on ceramic coatings.... fact is I couldnt afford either when she was around bless her!

Reactions: 45bvtc and alanyork
Just for Isleaiw - interior pics.

20201025-132305.jpg

20201025-132328.jpg

20201025-132349.jpg

20201025-132422.jpg

I know you have a B9 RS4 FL on order - have to say an absolutely brilliant car at absolutely everything - except one, really important factor that's illusive...fun. I'd always wanted an RS4, top of the tree iconic car to a died-in-the-wool Audi enthusiast - so when I got it and the novelty wore off it dawned on me that automotive perfection in form of straight-line performance, ability to corner faster than my imagination would permit with comfort to match actually wasn't that much fun.

I wanted (indeed expected) real drama, something a little bit scary if not respected, I wanted noise even with a Sports Exhaust it is synthetically enhanced with a Soundaktor gizmo, something to stir the soul - and didn't get it. Disappointing. I returned to an 8U (previous generation) RSQ3 performance which I could reach the limits of with ease - but did have drama by the bucket load with an aural soundtrack to match.

The current F3 400PS RSQ3 ticks all of the boxes, a fraction of a second slower than an RS4 but with a spine tingling soundtrack, nothing fake, the 5 pot turbo is brutal with awesome brakes (I was underwhelmed by the RS4s - adequate but not outstanding), a proper driver's car with all the latest tech - worthy of consideration...

Reactions: firecracker69, BarryG79 and NevMan

20201025-132305.jpg

20201025-132328.jpg

20201025-132349.jpg

20201025-132422.jpg

I know you have a B9 RS4 FL on order - have to say an absolutely brilliant car at absolutely everything - except one, really important factor that's illusive...fun. I'd always wanted an RS4, top of the tree iconic car to a died-in-the-wool Audi enthusiast - so when I got it and the novelty wore off it dawned on me that automotive perfection in form of straight-line performance, ability to corner faster than my imagination would permit with comfort to match actually wasn't that much fun.

I wanted (indeed expected) real drama, something a little bit scary if not respected, I wanted noise even with a Sports Exhaust it is synthetically enhanced with a Soundaktor gizmo, something to stir the soul - and didn't get it. Disappointing. I returned to an 8U (previous generation) RSQ3 performance which I could reach the limits of with ease - but did have drama by the bucket load with an aural soundtrack to match.

The current F3 400PS RSQ3 ticks all of the boxes, a fraction of a second slower than an RS4 but with a spine tingling soundtrack, nothing fake, the 5 pot turbo is brutal with awesome brakes (I was underwhelmed by the RS4s - adequate but not outstanding), a proper driver's car with all the latest tech - worthy of consideration...

Lovely lovely interior

Reactions: firecracker69

20201025-132305.jpg

20201025-132328.jpg

20201025-132349.jpg

20201025-132422.jpg

Very smart, that does look good.

On the RS4, I am already doing something similar. I had an F90 M5, 600hp V8. previously and I got rid of that because you cant use that level of power very often in the real world, and it was a bit big for threading down a country lane (or sometimes even a decent A road). The RS4 is a toned down, smaller more practical alternative to that....

Do I expect it to be the last word in fun? No. If I wanted that I would probably have bought a Mini JCW. Will I use all of the performance? Not very often but it is there if I want to use it occasionally. What I want is a car I can do 150 miles in one sitting, that will be comfortable and refined for that journey, and when I want to thread it through the peak district, the chilterns and stretch its legs it can do it. Oh, and when I get out and walk away make me turn around and look back at it. I looked at an Alpina D3S - but didnt want diesel and the deals were rubbish. Looked at the M340iT but I couldnt get comfortable with the looks (I didnt like the cerium finish and the black grille looked like lipstick on a pig to me), plus as residuals are so poor it wasnt that cheap on the monthlies when I added the packs I wanted. I also looked at the V60 Polestar Engineered and half a dozen others - but tried to steer away from SUVs as the dog will struggle with the jump to the boot soon, plus I am old fashioned and prefer the estate, something I decided when I had my SQ5.

So RS4 it is, I am expecting efficient more than exciting, and that is absolutely fine by me. Sure it will make a good chariot for my grandsons when they need taking somewhere, will accommodate my Mum in stealth mode when I visit her, and still impress me when I have a run out alone. And I really hope it doesnt scare me, that is why I never bought a RWD M3!

Good luck with the new motor, it looks stunning and who knows, if I dont have to worry about the dog next time, when I will be the wrong side of 60,maybe that will be the one for me...

Reactions: firecracker69, cosmicblue and NevMan
Grand logic....I'm already the wrong side of 60, it's not too bad at all - the worst bit is people thinking you must be considering retirement, I'm having far too much fun for that :icon thumright:

Reactions: alanyork and NevMan
Grand logic....I'm already the wrong side of 60, it's not too bad at all - the worst bit is people thinking you must be considering retirement, I'm having far too much fun for that :icon thumright:

I had no intention of ever retiring but I work for a hospitality company and suddenly retiring seems like a great option - every week is another week of making decisions I don't want to...

On the other hand now is a great time to visit London, not many tourists and lots to see and do - and hotels are very cheap, even cheaper at Friends and Family rates ;)

Thank goodness for a nice car to cheer me up! 7 days tomorrow....

Reactions: alanyork, cosmicblue and NevMan
Me to, very nice interior.

6387.gif
and here's me "the wrong side of" 75 and fast approaching 76 with an RS3, TT ragtop, and SQ5 and ALL, still, for as much road FUN as possible - keep it up cosmicblue, no need to change just yet :racer:

6387.gif
and here's me "the wrong side of" 75 and fast approaching 76 with an RS3, TT ragtop, and SQ5 and ALL, still, for as much road FUN as possible - keep it up cosmicblue, no need to change just yet :racer:

I'd like to apply to join this illustrious club, my 71st is in a few days, however I'm retired, since the age of 58, needed more time for salmon fishing, haha.

Mike

Reactions: 45bvtc
I'd like to apply to join this illustrious club, my 71st is in a few days, however I'm retired, since the age of 58, needed more time for salmon fishing, haha.

Mike

Enjoy Mike, just enjoy...
4923.gif

I do like the black badging - my new car comes with it from factory as it has black pack fitted.

My wife would have gone spare had I spent £200 on badges as she would have known it was just a temp delay before swapping anyway....mind she would have complained even more at the £500 I spend on ceramic coatings.... fact is I couldnt afford either when she was around bless her!
Having a better look full set of badges £119.23 inc post from Australia, (ebay) So better than i first thought, But my detailers fitting them , When he does a full detail , Not going to be cheap.

Having a better look full set of badges £119.23 inc post from Australia, (ebay) So better than i first thought, But my detailers fitting them , When he does a full detail , Not going to be cheap.

Snap mate, I'm looking at putting Black badges on my Misano... I think it would look better than the chrome ones. Just petrified of buying either crap ones or picking the wrong size. Doesn't seem to be many about for the 8U. I also stumbled across the ones from Oz on ebay, they do look the real deal.
I think the front grill will just pop off with appropriate tool, but what about the back "rings" and rsq3 badge... Is it a case of a hair dryer / dental floss or something to prise them off?

yep hair dryer, then tar remover for the left over glue, i had all black badges on my SQ5 , Look good,

Reactions: NevMan and 45bvtc
Saw the (local) ?? new shape black RSQ3 again today, It parked near to my site, So got a good look, In black its a no from me, My Old RS in performance Blue is nicer (To me) in side was nice though, I do like the new green one, (and yoursJU) Think if i was looking to swop it would be a darker blue.

Just renewed my car insurance, with aviva £449, like for like with L&V £283.28.

Just renewed my car insurance, with aviva £449, like for like with L&V £283.28.
I have just paid £580 for my RS4.... but we do live on a new estate so not enough history to get the benefit of lower rates. Did manage to add son in law (35, 3 points) and daughter (28) for 17 quid extra.... which must mean that my age or job (I work for a hotel company - with licensed bars) counts against me!

in true man maths style I am viewing it as a £300 saving versus the M5 though, all praise to the RS4...

£580 with whats added seems ok, (ish) , How does the RS4 compare against the bm,

Nowhere near as brutal, but equally not as harsh. And smaller. It fits on the drive and the garage door can be opened.

I will report more when I can drive it not just look at it!

Reactions: alanyork
I get spanked on insurance due to my Bradford postcode.
Wrong side of 50 with ncb as long as my arm and no points, the insurance on the RSQ3 is around £600....the SQ5 was nearer £800!
Found a screw in the rear tyre today. Although it was repairable, the tread was down to 3mm and so 2 new rear tyres and £300 removed from my bank account. They were original and had done 25k miles so not bad, they had also started to crack inbetween the tread!

Bad luck with the tyres, I never managed more than 18,000 miles a set (P-Zeros) ...so 25k is outstanding Ju! RSQ3 insurance is, frankly, bonkers - as you know yourself it is ballistically quick with huge scope for getting into trouble even more rapidly than with an SQ5.

I've insured the both the last RS and the current vehicle with NFU Mutual (you have to call them - there is nothing on-line), premiums were competitive and also include RAC breakdown cover as part of the premium (it's not optional). The October renewal for the 8U was £523, it increased by £107 for the F3 (fair enough - the list price for replacement purposes is £57,280).

Reactions: -Ju-
WoW my postcode must be a cheap one, L&V fully comp protected no claims, wife added to make it cheaper, £283.28.

My insurance on the RSQ3 is £560. That’s through admiral but the cheapest on offer I could find..... long gone are the old days of £200 a year! Lol