RSQ3 RSQ3

alanyork

Reaction score
New to me pick up tomorrow morning, 66 plate Ascari blue , 1 owner 9000 miles, from Hyde Audi, Im really sure Ill enjoy the ride home to Yorkshire, >> More tomorrow

Reactions: Bryant1998, Jorgecar, 45bvtc and 3 others
Nice mate, look forward to some pics and your initial thoughts. Hope handover goes well

Reactions: 45bvtc
Got the RS, real nice car , the handover was "ok" . The drive home was on a very wet M62 ect, 1 thing the RS has not got what Ive always had on Audi,s is remote closing door mirrors when I lock the car,(unless Im missing something) Its also got a slight steering wheel wobble from 78 to 85 mph (Private Rd) anyone else ?? The RS is very Quick from 0 to Whatever speed I got to ??? Very nice car .

Enjoy your new car, but we need :sign pics:

Dont you just hate picking up a new car and having to drive it home in the rain!
Congratulations and definitely need some pics when you can:icon thumright:

Got the RS, real nice car , the handover was "ok" . The drive home was on a very wet M62 ect, 1 thing the RS has not got what Ive always had on Audi,s is remote closing door mirrors when I lock the car,(unless Im missing something) Its also got a slight steering wheel wobble from 78 to 85 mph (Private Rd) anyone else ?? The RS is very Quick from 0 to Whatever speed I got to ??? Very nice car .

Not an uncommon issue and typically at the speeds you mention; usually sorted, as mine were (8P RS3), with a re-balance of the front wheels.

Some Audi dealers now 'load balanced' see:

Reactions: mister.c. and Bryant1998
Trying to post pics

Attachments

• A03E96DA-C610-4EA7-8DB0-6DC61FD1AEC5.jpeg
    A03E96DA-C610-4EA7-8DB0-6DC61FD1AEC5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 609
Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
Pic

Attachments

• DAEBC3BB-1337-4F72-98BA-90B9B6C45ED2.jpeg
    DAEBC3BB-1337-4F72-98BA-90B9B6C45ED2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 599
Reactions: 45bvtc and -Ju-
Pic

Attachments

• 54D4C0D6-EF5A-4C41-9FE2-0DCAE805A31C.jpeg
    54D4C0D6-EF5A-4C41-9FE2-0DCAE805A31C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 611
Reactions: NevMan
Garage ready in a couple of days

Attachments

• 1D8DC44B-9BAD-40C6-B7E2-EB76188F9BE6.jpeg
    1D8DC44B-9BAD-40C6-B7E2-EB76188F9BE6.jpeg
    895.6 KB · Views: 561
Ooh, has optional wheels. Nice.

99% sure I saw a Performance today on the way home from Silverstone. A quick glimpse at a Daytona RS going the opposite direction, but I'm sure it had grey detailing which would mark it out as a Performance version...

Hi Simon Im in York and have never seen a RSQ3 , anywhere, But now York has one ha ha, Are my wheels good one,s ??

Reactions: simonali
I saw yours parked up last Sunday in Hyde Audi car park.

We went to look at the RS6 in their showroom.

It’s an odd place really, used to be Smith Knight Fay VW.

Hi I glanced at the blue rs6 in the corner (nice) Don't know the garage at all As not from that area, I got a decent deal with them, Had to bypass the salesman thou .

Hi Simon Im in York and have never seen a RSQ3 , anywhere, But now York has one ha ha, Are my wheels good one,s ??

I like them but they're not the standard Performance ones is all. They were an option. I've seen one on YouTube where the owner had lots of options like white paint, black pack and leather seats that removed all the clues that it was a Performance model, but you can't do that with Ascari Blue.

:D

Congratulations! You can code the mirrors to fold on lock/open on ignition start using an OBD11 device....

Reactions: 1 person
Booked car into York Audi tomorrow @ software update & heath check.

Booked car into York Audi tomorrow @ software update & heath check.

Does your RSQ3 have a Tech Pack? That will be evidenced by a SIM slot between the SD card readers.... If you do don't get the satnav updated by Audi ..they will charge you £300+ The update includes map and firmware data using proper Audi parts - the contact details I have are: vag.technik@hotmailcom and +44 77 6824 0634. It was slightly less than £70 and comes with full instructions - takes about 3 hours.

Does your RSQ3 have a Tech Pack? That will be evidenced by a SIM slot between the SD card readers.... If you do don't get the satnav updated by Audi ..they will charge you £300+ The update includes map and firmware data using proper Audi parts - the contact details I have are: vag.technik@hotmailcom and +44 77 6824 0634. It was slightly less than £70 and comes with full instructions - takes about 3 hours.
I tried them recently for my SQ5. They are on holiday until the middle of August though and so refunded me.
I scarily did the update myself using information found online
All fully updated, activated and working!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes it has a sim slot in the centre, Im not paying nothing tomorrow, Ive asked for software update only to get the mirrors folding when I lock the car, afaik its warranty work.

Sometime in 2016 Audi made the auto-folding mirror feature standard - I recall people appearing on this forum say new vehicles had the feature enabled. My previous 340PS 2015 FL model needed the coding doing using OBD11. Ooooh I've just had a guilty twinge - I disabled the headlamp washers on the RS4 using OBD', traded the car and didn't turn them back on...don't need them on a LED headlight anyway...:thumbs up:

Couldn't have been for very long because mine doesn't have it. As far as I can tell anyway...

Mine has it - but I have no way of knowing if the previous owner had it coded or was factory installed.

Mine does not have Folding mirrors (when locking) The only way to have them is if its a factory install, (after the car had 1 day in York Audi)

Mine does not have Folding mirrors (when locking) The only way to have them is if its a factory install, (after the car had 1 day in York Audi)
As in it does have power folding mirrors, just not with the key?
If it's a non standard coding, then it may be just a case of activating it with vcds if possible.
Dealers are next to useless if it's not as designed from the factory!

All RSQ3 models have electric folding mirrors - certainly by July 2016 according to the PDF brochure I have:

"Exterior equipment
Door mirrors with matt aluminium-look housing
– electrically adjustable, folding and heated. Also
includes an automatic kerb view dipping function
when reverse gear is selected. Mirrors are folded
by twisting the interior mirror button on the inside
of the cabin"

A dealer can only code the vehicle to the specification that it left the factory - the software configuration is held on the central Audi systems.

All is not lost though - you can code the mirrors yourself you just need to buy an OBD11 gizmo: Amazon product

The mirrors will fold on lock from the key fob (but not the tailgate) and will open from the ignition start button - that's what you want isn't it?

You will need an Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth capability - takes minutes to do. If you are close to the midlands I'd do it for you.

Reactions: -Ju-
All RSQ3 models have electric folding mirrors - certainly by July 2016 according to the PDF brochure I have:

"Exterior equipment
Door mirrors with matt aluminium-look housing
– electrically adjustable, folding and heated. Also
includes an automatic kerb view dipping function
when reverse gear is selected. Mirrors are folded
by twisting the interior mirror button on the inside
of the cabin"

A dealer can only code the vehicle to the specification that it left the factory - the software configuration is held on the central Audi systems.

All is not lost though - you can code the mirrors yourself you just need to buy an OBD11 gizmo: Amazon product

The mirrors will fold on lock from the key fob (but not the tailgate) and will open from the ignition start button - that's what you want isn't it?

You will need an Android phone or tablet with Bluetooth capability - takes minutes to do. If you are close to the midlands I'd do it for you.
That's how it works on my SQ5 and my previous 8V S3.
My 8P S3 was a no no though, you had to install a workaround relay and wiring etc. Etc.

Likewise if you pass near bradford at anytime, I'll gladly have a look with vcds

Reactions: alanyork, 45bvtc and cosmicblue
cosmicblue, yes that's what I want, but ive no chance with stuff like that, ive just got used to my iPhone, I can build houses though ha ha

Ju much nearer for me, I go to Leeds every Saturday, So may be in touch ,

After a good drive this weekend, My front brakes make a droning sort of noise when hot , anyone else ??

The RSQ3 (and TTRS) brakes have a long track record of being noisy on the OEM disc pads. The OEM pads are abrasive and are actually chewing away the surface of a pair of very expensive discs (around £500 a pair), the maximum wear limit is 1mm of each face...basically nothing.

The solution is to replace the OEM pads with EBC Redstuff - they have a Ceramic compound that polishes rather than scours the disc rotor surfaces...oh yes and they work better from cold and when very hot....about £200 a set (the OEM items are £367 from memory).

It was the 1st thing I did when I got this RS 4 months ago - don't hesitate on this one or it will cost you a lot more money.

cars in York Audi re brakes tomorrow, It has 24 months warranty , So Im using it, See what they do re brakes, If nothing, Ill get the EBC pads , Thanks for the info cosmic.

Reactions: cosmicblue
I'm planning on doing the EBC pads, too, but my discs are nearly shot anyway, so I'll wait and get them both done at the same time.

I had the EBCs put in mine at 15k, there was (and still is at 19k) just the minutest lip - I suspect the car had experienced really light usage before I bought it.

York Audi had my RS for 2 days this week, And could not find any faults on my brakes at all, Also told me if I put aftermarket pads on it will void my 2 years warranty.

York Audi had my RS for 2 days this week, And could not find any faults on my brakes at all, Also told me if I put aftermarket pads on it will void my 2 years warranty.
I guess the brake issues on the RS models are well documented and will be a "characteristic " according to Audi.
I had a service on my S3 done at York Audi where they also diagnosed a leaking water pump at the same time. They told me it may not be covered under warranty due to the MSS suspension kit I had fitted!
It was covered as it has nothing to do with the cooling system.
If you change the pads to aftermarket then you wouldnt expect the brakes to be covered under warranty, the rest of the car though still would.

Yes I agree on that, My last SQ5 had a revo remap, When it had the sunroof rattle York audi fixed it 100% Just as the 3 years warranty was finishing too, They knew it had a remap but mended the sunroof, But I think the staff where better then the warranty guy would come to my house on a morning leave his car and take mine, The last twice with them Ive taken my car and got a taxi home, As the lift they give now is into the centre of York, I live the other way,

Found 2 holes in my main mat on the passenger side, First time I had a proper hover of the car last Saturday, Dealer I bought from a month ago, Is sending some one to repair from Hyde Audi (Manchester) To York So 10 out of 10 to them for this.