RSQ3 RSQ3 new purchase

AlterBridgeRock

Reaction score
Hello,

currently running a RR Velar, looking at the rsq3 in the green (if I’m brave enough)

looking for any reviews and reliability etc

needless to say my Velar has been in and out of the garage since I’ve had it so looking for something that I’ll actually have most of the time!

Reactions: NevMan and 45bvtc
Hello,

currently running a RR Velar, looking at the rsq3 in the green (if I’m brave enough)

needless to say my Velar has been in and out of the garage since I’ve had it so looking for something that I’ll actually have most of the time!
They are as reliable as most Audi's =better than JLR come in 3 trims base,Audi Sport,Vorsprung not as well put together as the Velar ie the quality of materials used on the inside =plastics, brave man going for kyalamy green one l would avoid
Best colours Daytona Grey,Turbo Blue but colour choice is subjective

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
They are as reliable as most Audi's =better than JLR come in 3 trims base,Audi Sport,Vorsprung not as well put together as the Velar ie the quality of materials used on the inside =plastics, brave man going for kyalamy green one l would avoid
Best colours Daytona Grey,Turbo Blue but colour choice is subjective

Thanks for the info! Is there much difference in the entry level and the sport back apart from the smaller back end? It’s just cosmetic differences. My take is that if I’m having an RS it needs to stand out so it’s the green lol

Thanks for the info! Is there much difference in the entry level and the sport back apart from the smaller back end? It’s just cosmetic differences. My take is that if I’m having an RS it needs to stand out so it’s the green lol
Both coupe and hatch are indentical bar shape The Audi sport variant supposedly offers all that most folks require spec wise...Vorspung is OTT

Hello,

In same boat - I went from an S3 to a new RR evoque - actually love it and never had any issues - two years into owenership I would normally be looking to change but with COVID miles keeping low I am going to wait till end of 21 early 22 - my choice would be the sportback in the green too, RS should be a bit shouty - had one on test for the day a couple of months ago, really liked it, though not as plush as the RR for sure, but its not really about that.. good luck…. One thing I dont like about the green is that it not metallic/pealesant paint, just flat - but i think in green/black it looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In same boat - I went from an S3 to a new RR evoque - actually love it and never had any issues - two years into owenership I would normally be looking to change but with COVID miles keeping low I am going to wait till end of 21 early 22 - my choice would be the sportback in the green too, RS should be a bit shouty - had one on test for the day a couple of months ago, really liked it, though not as plush as the RR for sure, but its not really about that.. good luck…. One thing I dont like about the green is that it not metallic/pealesant paint, just flat - but i think in green/black it looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is a difference between a paint colour being Shouty and chav/ cheap looking and kyalamy in a SUV is in the bad taste category .....why anyone would want a 400 ps SUV is beyond me when a 320 ps Golf offers the same if not more ....

There is a difference between a paint colour being Shouty and chav/ cheap looking and kyalamy in a SUV is in the bad taste category .....why anyone would want a 400 ps SUV is beyond me when a 320 ps Golf offers the same if not more ....

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the RR Evoque experience, 2012, RR provided a full refund after 6 months, spent more time in the dealer than I spent driving it. Audi finish their cars in the factory, not in customer's hands.

I'm on my 3rd RSQ3, 2x8U (with a B9 RS4 in between, hated it) and since October 2020 an F3 base model RSQ3 and I have to say it is an impressive vehicle. Fed with 99 Octane fuel its actually nearer to 420PS, it isn't the outright power and not even the 480Nm (500Nm on 99) of torque that defines RSQ3 ownership, but that amazing 5 pot engine, it has character. It goes as well as it stops with lightweight 6 pot calipers gripping enormous drilled/vented discs. Real world (calculated at the pump) fuel consumption is actually better than the factory numbers.

Just passed 5,000 miles this week, it is breathtakingly quick, in fact one needs to be conscious of not having Drive Select in Auto mode and having the car try to second guess what kind of performance curve you are looking for. The RS is capable of launching itself at the horizon with indecent haste, punching the driver back into the seat with a spine tingling howl - there is a certain responsibility that goes with driving something that's naturally quicker (much quicker) than 99% of everything you'll encounter that's just driving normally.

The ride quality on 20" rims (255/40 R20 tyres) is acceptable and a trade off for the shocking state of the UK's roads, handling is so unlike an SUV, the MQB platform ensures flat, stable cornering more akin to sports saloon.

Specs Roughly speaking.
Base model, silver exterior trim, standard exhaust with chrome tail trims, 20" 10 spoke alloys in silver ,fully loaded interior inc electric heated seats LED headlamps, dynamic rears, bright silver door mirrors
Sport Edition, black exterior, black 21" alloys, matrix headlights, sports exhaust, pano roof, black exterior mirror caps and interior trim
Vorsprung, as per Sport Edition plus carbon mirror caps and interior trim, adaptive suspension, wireless phone charging, B&O, ambient interior light pack, surround cameras, adaptive cruise.

There are lots of used/low mileage F3 RSQ3 'Introductory Volume' cars that have bits on the Base (silver ext trim), Sports Edition (21" silver wheels that have never been factory options) and Vorsprung spec - wireless phone charger - none of the Introductory volume cars seemed to have Pano roofs.

Neither the Base or Sport Edition models have the Comfort & Sound Pack (B&O, Ambient Lighting and reverse camera) as standard. This is an essential option as the base 4 speaker audio system is inadequate for a car at this price point.
RSQ3-Front.jpg

20201025-132349.jpg

20201025-132305.jpg

20210306-181631.jpg

Base RS with a C&S pack, pano roof

Last edited:
Reactions: Riko0073, Cooky0630, JDHOWELLS and 2 others
The RSQ3's are rare beasts... I've had my 8U for 2 years now and not seen another on the road. I'm thinking of upgrading to the F3 at some point also, just a bit out of my price range at the min. A FL version may come early next year which could see the current models drop in price further.. . Agree with others, Sport edition but with C&S pack seems to be a nice spec to aim for. Good luck in the hunt.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS, cosmicblue, Paul McGrath’s Knees and 1 other person
I’ve had my 8U for getting on for three years now,and still love it. As CosmicBlue has said before,it’s a car that is greater than the sum of its parts,and the relative rarity only adds to its allure. That said,I’ve parked up twice in the last month & came back to find another Sepang car parked next to mine,more than I’ve seen in the previous two years. I can see me moving on to the “new”model when I next buy,no higher praise than that I can give.

Reactions: JDHOWELLS and cosmicblue
Think the RSQ3 is a cracking car And nice and rare

Reactions: JDHOWELLS, cosmicblue and Paul McGrath’s Knees

That's providing you can find an '8', the waiting list and delays stretch back to many, many months. I find the F3 Sport Edition fills my needs, it's the manner in which you drive that counts, plus it's nice to know you have a wee bit extra availble.

Mike

I've had the RR Evoque experience, 2012, RR provided a full refund after 6 months, spent more time in the dealer than I spent driving it. Audi finish their cars in the factory, not in customer's hands.

I'm on my 3rd RSQ3, 2x8U (with a B9 RS4 in between, hated it) and since October 2020 an F3 base model RSQ3 and I have to say it is an impressive vehicle. Fed with 99 Octane fuel its actually nearer to 420PS, it isn't the outright power and not even the 480Nm (500Nm on 99) of torque that defines RSQ3 ownership, but that amazing 5 pot engine, it has character. It goes as well as it stops with lightweight 6 pot calipers gripping enormous drilled/vented discs. Real world (calculated at the pump) fuel consumption is actually better than the factory numbers.

Just passed 5,000 miles this week, it is breathtakingly quick, in fact one needs to be conscious of not having Drive Select in Auto mode and having the car try to second guess what kind of performance curve you are looking for. The RS is capable of launching itself at the horizon with indecent haste, punching the driver back into the seat with a spine tingling howl - there is a certain responsibility that goes with driving something that's naturally quicker (much quicker) than 99% of everything you'll encounter that's just driving normally.

The ride quality on 20" rims (255/40 R20 tyres) is acceptable and a trade off for the shocking state of the UK's roads, handling is so unlike an SUV, the MQB platform ensures flat, stable cornering more akin to sports saloon.

Specs Roughly speaking.
Base model, silver exterior trim, standard exhaust with chrome tail trims, 20" 10 spoke alloys in silver ,fully loaded interior inc electric heated seats LED headlamps, dynamic rears, bright silver door mirrors
Sport Edition, black exterior, black 21" alloys, matrix headlights, sports exhaust, pano roof, black exterior mirror caps and interior trim
Vorsprung, as per Sport Edition plus carbon mirror caps and interior trim, adaptive suspension, wireless phone charging, B&O, ambient interior light pack, surround cameras, adaptive cruise.

There are lots of used/low mileage F3 RSQ3 'Introductory Volume' cars that have bits on the Base (silver ext trim), Sports Edition (21" silver wheels that have never been factory options) and Vorsprung spec - wireless phone charger - none of the Introductory volume cars seemed to have Pano roofs.

Neither the Base or Sport Edition models have the Comfort & Sound Pack (B&O, Ambient Lighting and reverse camera) as standard. This is an essential option as the base 4 speaker audio system is inadequate for a car at this price point.
RSQ3-Front.jpg

20201025-132349.jpg

20201025-132305.jpg

20210306-181631.jpg

Base RS with a C&S pack, pano roof
Hi

Lovely looking RSQ3, I’m considering moving from my current 8V RS3 and looking at the base spec car (I actually think the aluminum trim looks better in this model) with a few choice options (c&s, suspension plus and sport exhaust), however pano roof is not coming up on the configurator on the base model, how did you manage to spec this on yours?

Got a really good quote from Coast2Coast on both base spec and sport edition so may have to go for the latter as I feel the pano roof always helps lift the cabin in both extra light and luxury.

I bought my RS as a cancelled order. When they 1st went on sale at the back end of 2019 you could spec the Std RSQ3 with a pano roof - now it seems that option is no longer available. The pano roof is excellent and Audi have sorted the buffeting issue too - none - all the way up to motorway speeds so the Sport Edition would have to be the way to go - if it were me then I'd spec the adaptive dampers too as most owners report a really firm ride on 21" rims (no big surprise!). In addition you'll want the essential C&S pack.

Reactions: Riko0073 and NevMan
Has anyone mapped their new RSQ3?

Presume as same engine as the RS3 it would be the same?

Just test driven one (in bright green!!), really liked it but suffers from the usual gearbox lag which I sorted in my RS3 with a REVO remap and gearbox tune by TVS, can’t help think the same would do wonders for the RSQ3!

Apparently a pedal box fixes the lag issue, a least member over here has done it: https://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forums/

Kyalami Green - the F3 RSQ3 is a fabulous drive and easy to live with - another EA855 EVO engine example/

I have a feeling the current ECU is encrypted so there is no Revo remap available.

Reactions: NevMan and Riko0073
Apparently a pedal box fixes the lag issue, a least member over here has done it: https://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forums/

Kyalami Green - the F3 RSQ3 is a fabulous drive and easy to live with - another EA855 EVO engine example/

I have a feeling the current ECU is encrypted so there is no Revo remap available.
Thanks for the feedback.

It wasn’t anything I couldn’t live with and just a characteristic of the car, very rapid and plenty of torque, although a couple of ‘launches’ in it the car really bogs down before launching off, something I’ve seen quite a few videos and reviews on….but how often do we actually do a proper launch in these!

Getting back in my RS3 was great and confirmed how much I love it but with a change in mind and cashing in on the crazy used car prices currently can see me in a brand new well spec’d RSQ3 (tango red, c&s pack, sports exhaust, suspension plus and with the polished wheels and red stitching) for less than I pay on the RS3 monthlies!

Decision time!!

Last edited:
Apparently the bog-down thing is fixed with a pedal box. I've had mine since October 23rd 2020 and do like it a lot, the pedal response is less manic than the 8U versions but none-the-less it is still breathtakingly quick and supremely easy to live with on a day to day basis. There is a Tango red one in the Audi network that has carbon brakes and red calipers I think - though the dealer isn't advertising the carbons...curious.

Used car prices are through the roof WBAC is offering about what I paid for mine in October, good used car stock is at a premium.