RSQ3 RSQ3 Engine.

Picking the car up Saturday and I cannot wait now!

Just want to know if it will make much difference to the noise if I have the res deleted and the backbox?

That and an MOT failure most likely - not the best idea going! The RSQ3 makes a great soundtrack in Sport mode (valve in the tail box is open) - downside is that passengers tend to look nervous.

The neat thing to do is to fit an Exhaust Valve Controller from Cete Automotive. You have options then via Drive Select - in Comfort mode that valve stays shut on start up - great for a quiet departure in the early hours of the morning. In Dynamic mode it's permanently open and then you have that fabulous 5 cylinder howl for company and the car still looks stock - perfect and an eagle eyed MOT tester isn't going to be an issue.

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/audi/audi-q3/audi-q3-8u/audi-rs-q3-8u-active-valve-control

Best buy one before the UK crashes out of the EU and you have to pay import duty....

Paul at The Phirm fitted mine (put in EBC Redstuff pads at the same time) http://thephirm.co.uk/

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
That and an MOT failure most likely - not the best idea going! The RSQ3 makes a great soundtrack in Sport mode (valve in the tail box is open) - downside is that passengers tend to look nervous.

The neat thing to do is to fit an Exhaust Valve Controller from Cete Automotive. You have options then via Drive Select - in Comfort mode that valve stays shut on start up - great for a quiet departure in the early hours of the morning. In Dynamic mode it's permanently open and then you have that fabulous 5 cylinder howl for company and the car still looks stock - perfect and an eagle eyed MOT tester isn't going to be an issue.

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/audi/audi-q3/audi-q3-8u/audi-rs-q3-8u-active-valve-control

Best buy one before the UK crashes out of the EU and you have to pay import duty....

Paul at The Phirm fitted mine (put in EBC Redstuff pads at the same time) http://thephirm.co.uk/
It’s not an issue for me with it being an MOT failure. As The guy who owns the exhaust factory is a close family friend. So it’s only a 5 minute job to put the resonator back in. All I want to know is, will deleting the middle resonator make a big difference to the noise factor? Also thinking about deleting the back box too. Do you think just doing the middle one will suffice?
Cheers,
Sam.

If you delete the back box then the Exhaust valve controller will need fixing in some way - I believe the RSQ3 won't rev past 5,000 rpm if it thinks the valve is closed - the Cete AVC opens it automatically if driving in DS Comfort mode.

Reactions: NevMan
If you delete the back box then the Exhaust valve controller will need fixing in some way - I believe the RSQ3 won't rev past 5,000 rpm if it thinks the valve is closed - the Cete AVC opens it automatically if driving in DS Comfort mode.
Yes, will have a look with the exhaust manufacturer when we get the car up on the ramp. It may be sufficient enough just getting rid of the middle resonator anyway? What do you think?

Re the middle resonator I don't know Sam - maybe get your Exhaust chap to remove the middle box in such a way (i.e. enough straight pipe either side) that it can be refitted if needed - fail safe?

Oh yes it will definitely be fail safe, so that the resonator can be clamped back into place. All I want to know is. By having it cut out, will it make a drastic change to noise!?

So I picked up the RSQ3 yesterday and all I can say is Wow!

The car is absolutely mint and drives better than I ever imagined. Sounds mega standard but can’t wait to have the res cut out on Thursday!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Anyone know where I can get some wind deflectors from for the RSQ3? I’m really struggling to find any.

Says not when I try to buy them on eBay and go on the link that says ‘will they fit my car’.

I wouldn’t believe what that says, it’s told me wrong many times. If i was you I’d buy them and if they don’t fit just send them back and start searching again. I’m 99% certain they would fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t believe what that says, it’s told me wrong many times. If i was you I’d buy them and if they don’t fit just send them back and start searching again. I’m 99% certain they would fit

You reckon they will though? Don’t know if I can be ***** with the hassle of sending them back if they don’t.

You reckon they will though? Don’t know if I can be ***** with the hassle of sending them back if they don’t.

If it was me I’d buy them, main reason I assume they’d fit is that I can’t find a set or SQ3 or RSQ3 ones anywhere online and also that I doubt the door are different shape/size than a Regular Q3, if they don’t fit it’s only £30... RSQ3 owner I’d guess you might have £30 spare ;) but also if they don’t fit just send them back or resell them on here and take a £10 loss

Reactions: Naylor92 and paul wev
If it was me I’d buy them, main reason I assume they’d fit is that I can’t find a set or SQ3 or RSQ3 ones anywhere online and also that I doubt the door are different shape/size than a Regular Q3, if they don’t fit it’s only £30... RSQ3 owner I’d guess you might have £30 spare ;) but also if they don’t fit just send them back or resell them on here and take a £10 loss

Good point chap. Must be the same then you reckon.

Reactions: Bryant1998
I found my RSQ3 to be a wow Too, Ha Ha, Good cars, Re wind deflector, Look at luxgrill fronts only £25.45 to me these are best on there, Im getting some.

Also thinking about tuning it too. Like I have done with pretty much all my cars.

I’ve been using DTUK tuning boxes for a while but get fed up with their customer service, when you’ve been a loyal customer for near on 5 years!

Been looking at a TDI tuning box as they’re the leader in tuning boxes in the UK now I believe. Do I go for one of these or go for a Revo map?

It is strong money I agree....supposed to make the RSQ3 drive beautifully though.

Reactions: Naylor92 and NevMan
I have no knowledge of that - I'm always fearful of falling foul of an MOT tester these days - so much more strict than when I was in the trade - the CATS are there for a reason. I'd leave them in and get it remapped. If you get an RSQ3 remapped to say circa 400bhp with a healthy increase in torque then it'll be quicker than 99.9% of the vehicles you'll ever encounter - and still appear outwardly stock.

Reactions: Naylor92, NevMan and paul wev
Just fit an AVC - when the noise becomes a bit too much (i.e. on the motorway) you can just use DS to select Comfort mode and sort it.

Reactions: Naylor92
No that I know of. In truth I'd bought one for the RS4 and Cete being a decent bunch let me send it back and swap to the RSQ3 version.

Yeah - it's expensive without a doubt but so much more liveable than a permanent exhaust mod - all the aural pleasure of the 5 pot in action without having to be in S mode. At motorway cruising speed with the value open it's a tad too noisy so I just use Drive Select and set for Comfort, perfect. I often get a thumbs up in town from presumably fellow petrol-heads, it is a fabulous sound - and the effect I suspect you seek?

I'm cha bing my car at the end of this week coming, my exhaust was modified by PCW and am offering it for swap for a standard system plus cash my way. Also will have a valve control box for sale. Also 4x 15mm spacers with bolts

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Naylor92
Changing*

I'm cha bing my car at the end of this week coming, my exhaust was modified by PCW and am offering it for swap for a standard system plus cash my way. Also will have a valve control box for sale. Also 4x 15mm spacers with bolts

How much do you want for both chap??