RSQ3 RSQ3 Engine.

There is a massive difference between the Navs...

Tech Pack - 3G MMI+
1) Higher resolution screen
2) 3D mapping including rendered terrain and 3D buildings for major landmarks and in cities - actually uses two Nvidia Tegra processors, one does all the mapping stuff and the other is for the Q3's dash display systems.
3) Google Map overlays - so all the roads etc on top of Google maps
4) Audi Connect (data connection from either a SIM in the dash if you have an iPhone or via an rSAP profile if you have a modern phone). Audi Connect gives you real time traffic data (I won't buy a car without it), ability to look up destinations using voice control. When Connect dynamically changes your route because of something you haven't yet seen - and you ignore the advice....well you only do it once.
5) 20Gb of locally stored music on the system's hard drive
6) Both SD card slots are free - up to 30Gb per card
7) Ability to play movie DVDs from the dash
9) Ability to play movies from an SD card - I have loads of YouTube concert videos on one of mine
10) High resolution screen makes the reverse camera much more useful if fitted

SD card Nav
It's basic, slow and laggy when in navigation mode - you'll make navigation mistakes. You will use your phone instead I expect.
Okay fair enough then chap. There is quite a difference between the 2 then. I still don’t think I will be overly fussed as I don’t use it for work or going long distances. I’m most concerned about the brakes!?

Okay fair enough then chap. There is quite a difference between the 2 then. I still don’t think I will be overly fussed as I don’t use it for work or going long distances. I’m most concerned about the brakes!?
worth running finger across disk surface, and if disk edge has a "lip" probably would need replacing

Which an Audi dealer would probably do before the sale and an independent wouldn't.

Reactions: cosmicblue
He said it’s just had an MOT though. Obviously it’s first one, with no advisories? I did feel a slight lip on them. Maybe ask the question. Don’t want to pay that much for a car and then have to fork out again!!!

Sounds like you want this to be the right one, is it the first you've seen and are there any others you maybe interested in that you can get to?
The novelty of a new car soon wears off once you have regrets so dont feel obliged to buy it, it is as you say a lot of money!

He said it’s just had an MOT though. Obviously it’s first one, with no advisories? I did feel a slight lip on them. Maybe ask the question. Don’t want to pay that much for a car and then have to fork out again!!!

I would ask them to measure the discs and indicate the wear/life left in them, could lead to them replacing, but as @ju has said, you need to be happy as it is your money and not small amount

When you buy an Audi used it's really important to buy the right car - and from an Audi dealer. Ask yourself how come such a lovely car is on the market? Is there something that the previous owner didn't like - or a fault that they decided not to have fixed? If you buy 'Approved Used' then Audi will fix - it will be darn near perfect or you won't be getting the car. The same thing goes for service history - you want all Audi stamps, Why? if something catastrophic happens the Audi UK are more inclined to be helpful if the repair history is within the network.

Apologies for banging on about this but car forums are littered with sad tales of people buying Audi cars with the heart rather than the head and then bitterly regretting the decision. NOTHING on an Audi is cheap - you will need a set of spark plugs at 40,000 - that'll be £200 a set plus labour, can only be bought from Audi (made by Beru).

I'm fully aware you are probably getting calls from the dealer saying he's got someone else interested in the car - truth is RSQ3 tend to sell fairly slowly as there isn't any fuel economy.... With Boris talking insanity over a no-deal Brexit and the Pound's exchange rate against the dollar falling through the floor we can expect fuel costs to rocket (oil is traded in USD) and that RSQ3 will feel the effect.

Those front disks have the thickness wear limits stamped on the disk hub - from memory it's 34mm new, 32mm worn - so that lip must be no more than 1mm high. With labour that will be a £1000 job to put right.

Reactions: simonali
Think I’m going to finalise everything tomorrow! Main priority for me is the modify the exhaust. I want it sounding the best it can in standard form to start with. So what is the best thing to do? Res delete?

Reactions: -Ju-
I'd follow Ollie's lead and get PCW to modify it. The way he does it means it looks OEM just louder. I think it sounds good as it is, but I am old...

Reactions: alanyork
I’m not bothered about it looking oem underneath mate. Just want the noise! How many resonators do these have on them?

It's a similar set up to the RS3 until the backbox so I presume two resonators.

It's a similar set up to the RS3 until the backbox so I presume two resonators.
Cheers for the reply mate. So if I wore to delete both resonators it would sound mint? Even just one resonator out would sound nice wouldn’t it?

Think I’m going to finalise everything tomorrow! Main priority for me is the modify the exhaust. I want it sounding the best it can in standard form to start with. So what is the best thing to do? Res delete?
Any interesting updates?

Reactions: Naylor92
Yes chap. I’ve signed for it today, pick it up next Saturday.
Good for you.
I must admit to having a few sneaky peeks on the approved website over the last week or so but I'm sorted with the SQ5 for now.
What are you moving from?

Good for you.
I must admit to having a few sneaky peeks on the approved website over the last week or so but I'm sorted with the SQ5 for now.
What are you moving from?
Yes chap I’m very chuffed with it and looking forward to picking it up next weekend. I’ve been looking for a bit now. The sq5 is nice and probably more suited to me for the size but just cannot ignore that 5 cylinder engine. It’s got to be done!! I’m moving from a Seat Leon Cupra.

Reactions: NevMan
I toyed with the cupra Ateca but the deals weren't good with them being so new.
Also had the original Leon Cupra R when they first came out....longest I ever kept a car at close to 3 years and loved it.
You'll definitely notice the step up in quality though, looking forward to seeing the pics as and when

I toyed with the cupra Ateca but the deals weren't good with them being so new.
Also had the original Leon Cupra R when they first came out....longest I ever kept a car at close to 3 years and loved it.
You'll definitely notice the step up in quality though, looking forward to seeing the pics as and when
Yeah. Expensive for what they are to be honest. Nice car but at the end of the day it’s a Seat. Yeah this Cupra I’ve got is only a year and a half old. I’ve had it for a year. It’s actually a brilliant car but now is time for that 5 cylinder in my life, and the RSQ3 is more compatible to me at this time compared to the RS3. I’ve had a few performance cars now. Think this RSQ3 will be at the top of list I’ve had, along with the Golf R I had a couple of years back.

You will enjoy it, ive the performance RSQ3 its good, Very Good, Ive had A8 S8, S6,A6 S5 S4, SQ5 , Last car Merc amg GLA45 17 plate, only the S8 would touch the RSQ3 in performance, imo, enjoy .

Slight cough...the RSQ3 was built in the SEAT factory in Martorell, Spain - since October 2018 they have been building the new A1 there...
RSQ3140001_full.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and Naylor92
You will enjoy it, ive the performance RSQ3 its good, Very Good, Ive had A8 S8, S6,A6 S5 S4, SQ5 , Last car Merc amg GLA45 17 plate, only the S8 would touch the RSQ3 in performance, imo, enjoy .
Very enjoyable car then you’d say? You’ve had some cars then? Mainly Audi. I’ve had a mixture of performance motors if I’m honest. I’m excited! Mainly for the noise. Just want to add a bit more noise as they are slightly too quiet for my liking. Am I right in saying that the steering is really heavy on dynamic mode too?

Sure,

This one is from the first time he did it. Sounded unreal but was too intrusive so he was kind enough to quieten it down. Now its loud but just less intrusive when driving normally (I'll take a video tomorrow)//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d4556306e0b8/OZAH3917_01_01_640x480.mp4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Did you manage to get another video clip chap? Also, on the clip you sent me, is that with the middle resonator out and also the rear back box one too?

Did you manage to get another video clip chap? Also, on the clip you sent me, is that with the middle resonator out and also the rear back box one too?
I'll get you one tomorrow mate, not had a chance today, I'll try and get a drive past one instead of go-pro on the bumper. Yeah there's just one resonator and the backbox on this exhaust - he modified both.

Reactions: Naylor92 and NevMan
Very enjoyable car then you’d say? You’ve had some cars then? Mainly Audi. I’ve had a mixture of performance motors if I’m honest. I’m excited! Mainly for the noise. Just want to add a bit more noise as they are slightly too quiet for my liking. Am I right in saying that the steering is really heavy on dynamic mode too?
Forgot to say Had A Classic UK scooby 15 years ago 360 bhp, then a Bugeye JDM STI 540 BHP, Then A type R 710 BHP, Re my RSQ3 don't really know about the steering as Ive only had it in sport & dynamic .

Reactions: Naylor92 and NevMan
I'll get you one tomorrow mate, not had a chance today, I'll try and get a drive past one instead of go-pro on the bumper. Yeah there's just one resonator and the backbox on this exhaust - he modified both.

Okay chap, thanks for that. It will be much appreciated. Yes! That would be better with a flyby. Yes so, with the middle resonator cut out would suffice I reckon? Then if want more noise have the backbox deleted also!

Okay chap, thanks for that. It will be much appreciated. Yes! That would be better with a flyby. Yes so, with the middle resonator cut out would suffice I reckon? Then if want more noise have the backbox deleted also!

Can anyone also advise me on something too please?

I’m looking at ordering some new plates to go on the car as I have a private. I want some of those 4d ones, I’m thinking of having them smaller too. But would they suit the RSQ3 or should I go with standard size?

Cheers.

You only have to look at that factory picture above to see that a small front plate would look odd as there is a plate holder in the grille.

You only have to look at that factory picture above to see that a small front plate would look odd as there is a plate holder in the grille.
Thanks chap, didn’t see that. Would I be able to have a small one on the back then? Standard on front?

Personally I think small plates look wrong, the car is designed to have plates of a specific size in a specific space. So many much nicer things you can do to improve the look of your car other than changing a number plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: paul wev and simonali
Can anyone also advise me on something too please?

I’m looking at ordering some new plates to go on the car as I have a private. I want some of those 4d ones, I’m thinking of having them smaller too. But would they suit the RSQ3 or should I go with standard size?

Cheers.
I've got a short plate on the back which I think looks loads better. Also my front number plate fell off, the plate holder unclips from the RS grill.