rSAP support without Audi Phonebox (MY16)

CGaggia

Hi

I have a standard A4 1.4 TFSi Sport MY16 and am receiving conflicting information about rSAP support from Audi UK.

My phone supports rSAP - however there does not appear to be support for it when pairing BT with the vehicle. I posted a question on the Android rSAP website and admin replied that Audi removed rSAP support from A4 and that it is only implemented with the purchase of PhoneBox.

I took this up with Audi UK, who in turn tell me that Phonebox is not required to get rSAP working and that there must be a problem with my phone or vehicle software. They have advised I contact my dealer to do further testing.

My question is: Have any of you managed to use rSAP in your MY16 (or later) vehicle without the Audi phonebox? Is Audi UK giving me incorrect information?

hmy7k

I can't answer your question but as an alternative you can just connect using wifi which is what iPhone users do.

cuke2u

On the a3 rSAP was removed a couple of years ago...

CGaggia

Thing is it's mentioned in the A4 manual, but not very clear how or how the vehicle should be specced. I prefer using rSAP than tethering my mobile.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mjcourtney

rSAP worked in the MY16 demonstrator I borrowed with my Nexus 6P. However it did have the Tech Pack with phone box.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk