RS6 tyres. Can't get 'em!

I

imported_Kaleel

Hi,

I'm new to the board having only recently bought the RS6. What a belter!

Anyway, I need some new tyres and have only managed to get one of the 19" Continentals that it needs. They appear to be on back order everywhere. Could anyone recommend some high performance tyres like the Continentals? I used to use Bridgestone Potenza SO3's on my modified Toyota Supra, but am not 100% sure whether they'd be the best for the RS6.

Any ideas about alternatives?

Cheers,
Kaleel.

Sounds good. I know some of the Supra boys had P-Zeros.

Anyone know what the differences between all the tyres are? I know some are softer than others and have different tread patterns, but there must be more to it than that.

Cheers,
Kaleel.

Kwik Fit have a 4 for the price of 3 offer on Pirelli's right now...think it ends 1st August though.

With that kind of deal a set can be pretty damn competitive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hi Gareth,

That sounds look a good deal. Just when I'd committed to a set of 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 2's from Hi Q! Typical. Mind, everyone reckons the pilot 2's are the dog's meat & 2 veg, so I'll let you know what they're like.

Cheers,
Kaleel.

[ QUOTE ]
paultaylor said:
you gotta get a set of Pirelli P-Zero ROSSOs 92Y compound, drove an RS6 a few weeks ago with them, it was sick! wet or dry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the f#*k away from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gifPirellii's the were santadrd fit on the RS4 no that great in the wet and we get plenty of that up here and they tracked and pulled the car as if you were gonig into pot holes even going over the white line. i changed to Goodyear F1's and the handeling change was amazing no tramlining great in the wet or dry and 15k+ miles and thats with a day at Knockhill currently tring Hankook Ventus K104s Cheaper by £50 a tyre and so far no complants but if it turns out to be a false econamy i'll go back to the Goodyear's

I've got the Pilot Sport 2s on my S4 and they are much better than the Contis the car came with. I'd be very surprised if you found them disappointing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi....Yep, you made a great choice with the Michelin PS2's, I have 255x35x19 PS2's fitted, far far better than Conti's & much improved over the original Michelin Pilot Sports
Regards
WayneUK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif