RS6 graphite colour, what do we think?

mlody

Reaction score
After 9 hours yesterday I managed to refurb my wheels and give them the 'new' look :) Here is the result: What do we think?
DSCF3238.JPG

DSCF3239.JPG

DSCF3240.JPG

DSCF3241.JPG

DSCF3242.JPG

DSCF3243.JPG

Looks great!After i refurb my wheels,i want to paint them with the same colour.

Wasn't sure at first, but with the full car in shot they look better. Did you go all the way through or just the fronts?

Sprayed the backs as well but just not as acurate, didnt put as many coats there. And anyway has anybody ever used the 'clean wheels' from autoglym? It does an unbelievable job. I took a video, Ill upload it later and show you.

Great job, been thinking about doing the same to my A4 for a while. What was the process you followed?

Correct, just rattle cans used, spent 9 hours with help of a friend. They were kerbed like mad so most of the time We've spent on sanding them down and filling bits and pieces. After We got the edges smooth like babys ***. I put about 4 LIGHT coats of primer. Then waited a good 30-40 minutes and sprayed it in very light coats. About 4 coats as off paint and then about 2 coats of clear laquer. Im veery happy with the final turnout :) Now what do you people think about spraying the mirrors same colour?

Here is the video of that autoglym stuff, its unreal
YouTube - Clean wheels from Autoglym

id say no to the mirrors mate if you want to change them maybe carbonfiber them

Since I had some spray left I decided to go with the engine cover in graphite as well :p I hated the silver one so it now looks like this:
110424_135003%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

110424_134954%20%5b1024x768%5d.jpg

I wish I knew ha ha ha. I went into halfords and picked up a can of "anthracite aluminium wheels spray". Risked it a bit but Im veeeeeeeeeery happy with the final turnout