RS5 meets the Bullitt

Gio G

Reaction score
Nick from these forums kindly passed my details to the Lovecars team about a feature on the new Mustang Bullitt. They asked if I would mind lending my Rs5 for some filming, as they wanted to do a comparison test. Unfortunately Audi UK had no Rs5's in their press fleet, so was very happy to oblige..

The day started on some lovely b-roads just north of Corby where I met the Lovecars team, Paul and Tom + crew, also met Sid aka Sidewayssid (YouTuber) aptly driving the Mustang Bullet..

IMG 5866

A few shots of the RS5 chasing the Mustang along some twisty b-roads. Was a bit apprehensive at first, someone driving my pride and joy in a spirited manner, but knew I was in good hands with Paul. They let me drive during the drone shots, which was great fun, following the Mustang on the twisties..

We then headed over to Bruntingthorpe Airfield for further shots and a potential drag race...

A few close ups on mine, luckily I washed her..
IMG 5871

I have to say the Mustang's have come a long way in terms of quality, however not quite a match for the German engineering.. Mustang Bullet pushes over 475hp, from a 5.0L V8 all through a manual box! I have to admit the "line lock" feature is pretty cool on the stang, brings out the child in everyone!

IMG 5870

We shared the track with an awesome beast, a Porsche 917 Icon. This was a recreation which took the owners over 7 years to build. It was being driven and filmed by the editor of Octane Magazine, a real thrill to see and hear it!
IMG 5876

I have never been to Bruntingthorpe before, but this straight is just awesome for a VMAX run! I managed to get a few goes down the strip, giving it's legs a little stretch.. my word the RS5 gets going.. Paul from Lovecars was very impressed was it's performance..

IMG 5880

Head to head...
IMG 5875

Overall great day and the Lovecars team were absolutely fantastic, real petrol heads... Would have loved to shared more, however conscious that they are editing the final piece to air..

And yes, you already know the winner!!

G

Reactions: Sc08 LAB, CWD, Alistair D and 4 others
Wow, I’m glad you got to go. When Nick asked me if I knew anyone with the rs I thought of you. Fantastic pics and glad you had a great day. Thanks for sharing the pics. :) x

Many thanks Sandra for thinking of me!! After posting I have an admission, I believe the Mustang is spelt Bullitt, per the movie... it was a bit before my time... :smile:

Reactions: Sandra
Many thanks Sandra for thinking of me!! After posting I have an admission, I believe the Mustang is spelt Bullitt, per the movie... it was a bit before my time... :smile:
Your very welcome. Changed your title to Bullitt :)

Glad you enjoyed yourself mate and sorry for the delay in getting the full details. These shoots are always difficult to put together trying to line up car availability, locations etc. Sorry I wasn’t there for this paticular shoot but I knew Tom and Paul would take good care of you!

Thanks again for your participation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra and Ghost
Glad you enjoyed yourself mate and sorry for the delay in getting the full details. These shoots are always difficult to put together trying to line up car availability, locations etc. Sorry I wasn’t there for this paticular shoot but I knew Tom and Paul would take good care of you!

Thanks again for your participation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Nick, great experience.. Looking forward to the finished article..

G

Reactions: Sandra and NFox
Mustang was allot of fun. The Bullitt is a pretty special model and limited. They make a fantastic noise. A bit of an event when you go out in it, however not my cup of tea..

G

So over 18 month later, On The Road series will be featuring my RS5

On the Road is on ITV4 HD - this Thursday @8pm. The first episode went live last Thursday and seem to have got a good reaction..Some great cars to be featured.

G

So over 18 month later, On The Road series will be featuring my RS5

On the Road is on ITV4 HD - this Thursday @8pm. The first episode went live last Thursday and seem to have got a good reaction..Some great cars to be featured.

G
I will watch out for that.

Looking at the side on and front profiles of these cars together I'm wondering who stole what from who lol!
I'm sure the Mustang is an experience but the Rs5 would be my choice in the blink of an eye...