RS5 grill group buy

rickparmar

Reaction score
From the other RS Grill thread,

I reached out to fresh mods on Instagram

They have said if we can get around 5 people they can do the grill for £200 inc delivery

Mods/Admins. Is this ok to post

From the other RS Grill thread,

I reached out to fresh mods on Instagram

They have said if we can get around 5 people they can do the grill for £200 inc delivery

Mods/Admins. Is this ok to post
Can you pm me details of company, Where they are based, cost including delivery etc.

How easy is it to swap for the original...will it be just take off old and put in new .?

What is involved.
That way I can see what if an easy job .
Thank you

To be honest I have no idea, the previous thread where @Adam14 bought from the same people said no modifications were needed.

Oh dear. No one interested

Already got one ta...

Grill

Reactions: JM11EEE, Sandra, Bells and 1 other person
How easy is it to swap for the original...will it be just take off old and put in new .?

What is involved.
That way I can see what if an easy job .
Thank you

I’ve just ordered mine from him (incredibly helpful and obliging guy). From videos and what I can find on YouTube it’s about a 2hr job - requires removal of bumper (can be done with wheels in situ if you turn them you can access the screws needed - uncouple parking sensors and replace grille - getting the old one out seems a difficult stage according to some) then reverse the process.

If I feel brave I might try it myself, although I’m taking my car to a bodyshop for the bonnet to be resprayed so might see how much they’ll charge first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As said by @Blessed_Badger the swap was very easy, got mine done by a local bodyshop, took him just over an hour as he said it was one of the easier aftermarket grills to fit, said it was a straight swap and screwed in the same spots as the stock grill. As stated bumper and side bits has to come off. Cost me £144 all in, as he done some extra work, would have been £72 if it was just the grill.

Parking sensors clip right back in. The guy is extremely helpful and bought plenty of bits from him.

I’m going to withdraw this now. Just going to order mine separately

Sorry but it defo wasn't just unclipped and plug back in unless this is a newer version since last August?

The foam needs cutting otherwise you can't have the sensors and foam pad on properly, I had to buy another and have it cut to allow the sensors to fit, no chance am I driving around a car of £40k upwards with the sensors not fitted, just asking for trouble, if you leave the foam off too you have a nice silver crash bar showing through the grill.

I'd just get some confirmed answers before a group buy, I've got a whole photo gallery of the process kicking around somewhere too if it helps.

Sorry but it defo wasn't just unclipped and plug back in unless this is a newer version since last August?

The foam needs cutting otherwise you can't have the sensors and foam pad on properly, I had to buy another and have it cut to allow the sensors to fit, no chance am I driving around a car of £40k upwards with the sensors not fitted, just asking for trouble, if you leave the foam off too you have a nice silver crash bar showing through the grill.

I'd just get some confirmed answers before a group buy, I've got a whole photo gallery of the process kicking around somewhere too if it helps.
I've had the grill fitted to my car Benji and my front sensors are working. The foam wasn't removed as the foam on my S5 had the filament tube/wire in the foam which when broken triggers the car to think it's been in a crash, so installer didn't want to touch it.

But it was a straight swap and had no errors or issues

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Must be a slightly different variant compared to the one I bought from him then, we had to move the filament tube and wiring onto a new foam bar as you couldn't actually put the bumper back on.