RS4's seem to be a prime target these days in Aberdeen. Links in post.

Apparently Grampian Police have a "no pursuit" policy so the thieves know they stand a good chance of getting away...

Plenty of threads about this on other sites - the same little group of thieving little minks have been involved in over 100 thefts in the past year, all top end motors, all keys stolen from houses, as far as I know less than a handful of them have been caught. There's no deterrent so it'll continue or a while. Eventually someone's going to go out and just break someone's bones and they'll start to ease up. Police are powerless, and even those being convicted are getting away with fines and community payback orders which they'll not pay or show up to. Pathetic show from Grampian Police on all counts, and generally poor show from the justice system as a whole.

I've said it before, they're just useless drains on society that'll only continue to soak up money and resources until they get sprogs of their own to pass on the worthless genes to ad the cycle starts all over again. They should just be shot.

Last edited:
Says it all for Grampian Police. Bunch of idiots if you ask me. When I lived in Lossiemouth I phoned up to report what looked like a break-in......in progress in a neighbours house. After 20 mins I had to go out and found the 2 local plods stuffing their faces with a takeaway down the beach. So much for Police intervention.

Just seen photos on rs246.com of a burnt out Sprint Blue RS4 Avant - another one nicked from Aberdeen.

Yup, that's the most recent RS! And another one was stolen over night I believe.

This is just shocking overall to be honest. I'm sure that some of the people up here in Aberdeen will have heard this but just for the benefit of those down South there's an even better twist on the story too!

The lass that owns the sprint RS4 that was burnt out had a rant on her Facebook page saying that she doesn't want it back now they've had it and hopes they 'wrap it around a tree and maim themselves', or words to that effect. I think that's fair enough to be honest. What happens next? Two police turn up at her door and give her a caution for her comment. An actual caution! WTF?

This no pursuit mentality is ridiculous as well. What's the point of the traffic cops cruising about in unmarked 530's and A4 3.0 TDi's and things like that if they aren't using them for pursuing other motors? Just a waste of money for the tax payer! Might as well all just go about in Astras or Smart ForFours and save us some money!

I think that's just shocking and I really hope that they do end up severely damaging themselves or (less likely) be punished severely for it. Some of the kids doing it are aged 12, what the hell are you supposed to do with them though?! I'd say shoot them, but more likely they'll get nothing.

It's not like the cars are being driven safely and responsibly without being chased, so where's the risk/harm? And as for hr being cautioned over Facebook comments, I literally can't think of the words to describe how angry that makes me.

That's it, they're already driving like nutters so chasing won't make them any more potentially destructive.

I hate that she got spoken to instead of a pat on the back. What a complete waste of police time...

Two police turn up at her door and give her a caution for her comment. An actual caution! WTF?
I think the Police should be disciplined (and then sacked) for not dealing with crime - WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THEIR JOB!!!

Why does everyone slate the police according to some papers the police were at the persons house anyway and mentioned the Facebook comments . She never got a caution because there is no such things as cautions in scotland and she wasnt charged so that means there was no actionNo force in Scotland has a no pursuit policy it depends on cars environment and training. Just imagine if either the rs4 or a police car took out a family in an urban area during a pursuit so mcfly and co THAT is the risk what you think the roads and pavements are empty when a pursuit takes place. Read the papers every week car thieves are caught and almost all the recent high value cases have seen the those responsible in court. Noone seems to be blaming the owner for leaving the key in an obvious place it wasn't the police who stole their car after all

Why does everyone slate the police according to some papers the police were at the persons house anyway and mentioned the Facebook comments . She never got a caution because there is no such things as cautions in scotland and she wasnt charged so that means there was no actionNo force in Scotland has a no pursuit policy it depends on cars environment and training. Just imagine if either the rs4 or a police car took out a family in an urban area during a pursuit so mcfly and co THAT is the risk what you think the roads and pavements are empty when a pursuit takes place. Read the papers every week car thieves are caught and almost all the recent high value cases have seen the those responsible in court. Noone seems to be blaming the owner for leaving the key in an obvious place it wasn't the police who stole their car after all

They warned her about posting on facebook, whether it was technically a caution doesn't make a difference (it wasn't just a "please try not to aggravate the thieves") and yes, it was during an update not just them coming round to say about facebook comments but that doesn't excuse it. And as for pursuits being dangerous, you must think these idiots are driving normally when not being pursued - they're not. The police chasing them wouldn't make it dangerous, it already is, so needs to be stopped. They're going to kill someone, or hopefully themselves, driving around in high-powered cars with no regard for safety or damaging property.

The police are blaming owners for leaving the keys in an obvious place (think that particular one was in a cutlery drawer) and for leaving houses unsecured (though that one they broke in by kicking through a dog flap). Even if they didn't it's not the owner's fault. No victim of a crime is at fault in those circumstances. Sure, more could have been done to prevent some of these thefts, but that still doesn't make it their fault. Is a girl's fault if she gets attacked because she was wearing a short dress? The fact you even consider the invitation side of blame means you're either 12 or just an idiot.

I feel bad for having to say this, but you are jumping into the ring a bit late to try and get your points across. These thefts have been going on for over a year, with only 2 of the gang now in prison. Don't start reading one thread and think you know the facts (feel like a real keyboard warrior now).

Last edited:
Not sure how you introduced a philosophical debate about rape into this . Regardless I may be new to thread but I have followed this incident since it first appeared on Facebook on day 1. Along with reading associated media . The police did not blame anyone they offered advice regarding these thefts there was no blame I did not blame anyone the point being the only blame should be on the thieves

The point I was making is that there is nothing the police could do to prevent this crime so why is everyone slagging them its smats of ignorance. You mention two in jail how many have been charged you can't blame police for judges letting people out 10times before they imprison them

offensive comments on Facebook are offensive comments people get done all the time regardless of how many people actually agree with them . All it would take is one is one Christian doogooder to make a complaint about these comments and the police would have to to look into this whether they wanted to or not. Absolutely nothing to do with aggravating thieves. The police verbally warning a person about this is hardly the end of the world .

it would appear I know more about this incident than many who have commented the thread reads like a daily record or even worse evening express article. Sorry if I posted too late for your liking all I was actually doing was searching forums for an RS4 for sale.

Not sure how you introduced a philosophical debate about rape into this . Regardless I may be new to thread but I have followed this incident since it first appeared on Facebook on day 1. Along with reading associated media . The police did not blame anyone they offered advice regarding these thefts there was no blame I did not blame anyone the point being the only blame should be on the thieves

The point I was making is that there is nothing the police could do to prevent this crime so why is everyone slagging them its smats of ignorance. You mention two in jail how many have been charged you can't blame police for judges letting people out 10times before they imprison them

offensive comments on Facebook are offensive comments people get done all the time regardless of how many people actually agree with them . All it would take is one is one Christian doogooder to make a complaint about these comments and the police would have to to look into this whether they wanted to or not. Absolutely nothing to do with aggravating thieves. The police verbally warning a person about this is hardly the end of the world .

it would appear I know more about this incident than many who have commented the thread reads like a daily record or even worse evening express article. Sorry if I posted too late for your liking all I was actually doing was searching forums for an RS4 for sale.

I'm with Martin on this one. I think that the Facebook thing was handled very badly by the police seeing as she was the victim and merely vented some anger at the people who stole the vehicle she works hard for. I think that's fair enough. She never threatened them or used bad language (as far as I remember), but spoke her mind and got a warning for it. I find that shocking. So if your car was stolen you'd be all flowers and sunshine? Doubt it.

I'd posted on another forum that you certainly can blame the police for not catching them in the act in this case. Not the individual officers, but the policies and red tape that prevented them for pursuing the RS or using spike strips or anything of that nature. The prats that stole it were flying around and on previous occasions were up on pavements at high speed and all sorts. You tell me how a chase could have made that more dangerous for the public? Especially if it had been stopped quickly and decisively.

Since the car was stolen from my girlfriends neighbour, just round the corner I know plenty about it. I also know that insurance prices are already going up for us. These little morons need stopped.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
I'm with Martin on this one. I think that the Facebook thing was handled very badly by the police seeing as she was the victim and merely vented some anger at the people who stole the vehicle she works hard for. I think that's fair enough. She never threatened them or used bad language (as far as I remember), but spoke her mind and got a warning for it. I find that shocking. So if your car was stolen you'd be all flowers and sunshine? Doubt it.

I'd posted on another forum that you certainly can blame the police for not catching them in the act in this case. Not the individual officers, but the policies and red tape that prevented them for pursuing the RS or using spike strips or anything of that nature. The prats that stole it were flying around and on previous occasions were up on pavements at high speed and all sorts. You tell me how a chase could have made that more dangerous for the public? Especially if it had been stopped quickly and decisively.

Since the car was stolen from my girlfriends neighbour, just round the corner I know plenty about it. I also know that insurance prices are already going up for us. These little morons need stopped.
Agree with every word of that.

The Police, the CPS and the Courts need to take actions that will remove criminals (especially dangerous ones like these) from our streets. Their inaction is allowing these morons to keep taking cars and driving them dangerously thereby placing the lives of innocent people at risk. What's better? - one pursuit which stops this happening, or creating an environment where they know they won't be caught (and if they are won't be punished appropriately) so they do it time after time?

And to make the victim feel like a criminal is IMHO totally inappropriate and unforgivable.

Says it all for Grampian Police. Bunch of idiots if you ask me. When I lived in Lossiemouth I phoned up to report what looked like a break-in......in progress in a neighbours house. After 20 mins I had to go out and found the 2 local plods stuffing their faces with a takeaway down the beach. So much for Police intervention.

As in they needed an intervention to get them off the doughnuts? LOL!