RS4 Turbo Diesel....?

audisean

Reaction score
Hiya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Just read today News of the World Motors page that Audi are going to launch a diesel version of of RS4 with their new 323 bhp 4.2-litre V8 turbo diesel engine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

I thought April's Fool joke only happens once a year on 1st April.....???
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
Sean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

There are other articles about this as well on the web, they are going to use the engine out of the new A8.

Is that definite now?

I love the 535d sport touring and if they do a 335d sport touring I think I will have to have a go with one of those.

Gizze, pretty sure that spec is definite for the uk market. BMW will also be doing a 335dx for the european market, the x being four wheel drive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yep its definate now.
europeans have the 330dx now i believe.

jdp1962 said:
Imagine the torque curve!

yuck, torque is great in a straight line, need power and rpm for the track though, i suppose for those who want the look of an rs4 its a good idea, a bit like 1.6 s-line

dummi said:
yuck, torque is great in a straight line, need power and rpm for the track though, i suppose for those who want the look of an rs4 its a good idea, a bit like 1.6 s-line

:gaehn:

Erm R10 Le-mans ring a bell ?

do u think they will put an engine of that standard in a road car? thought not.

no my point is what is cheaper to produce in any number is a performance petrol engine over a performance diesel engine, so a performance petrol engine can be built to a higher standard. not trying to say a diesel is bad, its good, but its not going to give the control a petrol engine gives its just not a characteristic of diesel. however i'd like audi to prove that wrong lol

RS4 TDI ?..... well....besides smaller fuel consumption you will have also inferior performances in comparison to the normal RS4...or am i wrong?

That engine would make mincemeat of a 420PS petrol-engined RS4.

You don't need high rpm for track use, not with gearing as high as you get in a diesel-engined car.

zagonielod said:
RS4 TDI ?..... well....besides smaller fuel consumption you will have also inferior performances in comparison to the normal RS4...or am i wrong?

Lol, I'd say you're definitely wrong.

If you really think that because its a diesel that it wouldnt be any use on a track even in this day an age,shows how much you really now! They may not put exactly the same engine that wins le-mans in a road going car,BUT the technological advances are the same,and the same people create and design them,do you not think in building a sport saloon i.e the RS4 TDI that audi would not take into consideration of what the petrol model is capable of,the TDI RS4 will take the **** out of its petrol counterpart IMO,sometimes i feel some people are so narrow minded towards diesels,truth is they dont have a clue what there talking about tho My rant over lol

the TDI that they use in the cupra TDI 150bhp,but it was tuned for wtcc;)

Read this week's Autocar - it appears Audi ARE planning to add diesels to the RS range, but maybe call them RD's to avoid "devaluing" (autocar's words not mine!) the RS badge.

Persoannly I'd have no problem with something badged RS4 TDi - so long as it has a twin turbo V8 diesel!