RS4 style Grille

cee gee

Reaction score
I am looking to fit an RS4 style grille with a black surround to my A4, does anyone know if a) this is possible and b) where to get one.

Any information greatley appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

They didn't do a B6 RS4 so I think you are on about the B7 version, in which case you would need a rebuild of the front end of your car.....not a cheap or easy job.

I wouldnt even entertain one from the link, I got one from their sister company and the quality on a scale of 10 is -1, complete ****.I wasted £40 odd on a grill with just the mesh (like you'll see in the ad) and it didnt even fit,the catches were not wide enough to grip round the inside of the bonnet. Looks nice in the ad but you'll be very lucky to get one that does actually fit and look like the pics....arrghhhh Im getting ****** off just thinking about it.

I didnt bother sending it back because to silly Wan*ers said I should cover postage which was a daft £20 and after all the ******** and arguing I just left it and took a loss. I was gutted. Worse customer service ever.
If they were in th Uk I would have been serving 6months by now for GBH.

Dont bother buying off them companies in ****, you may aswell by my Grill what I still have here, I wont rip you off AS much as they do:gun2:..

lol was it that bad? i want one similar to that, with the mesh and all, black surround, with silver audi rings. know any places then to get one J7USS?

Thats the sort of thing i'm looking for. Saw that item on ebay and thought it looked awful with regards to finish and quality. also found american conpany doing a similar one that looks a lot better but only appears to be for ealrier model.

Want something that looks the part in order to finish front end off. Got Audi GMBH body kit which has inserts similar to the RS4 mesh and want something to suit.

Thanks for help so far.

Craig

Has anyone changed from the standard grille, if so what have you gone for?

Craig

lol was it that bad? i want one similar to that, with the mesh and all, black surround, with silver audi rings. know any places then to get one J7USS?

Yeah it was a real Let down trust me, I still got it, Ill take some close ups and post them up, Shocking!!!!!!

The guys who I bought my alloys off used to sell this Kamei Grill (http://www.kamei-online.co.uk/grills-sports.html) 6th one down for £65.
You have to do I slight Bonnet puller Mod to hide it, it looks better without the Massive Hinge sticking through.

Theres quite a few you can get but are also pretty pricey, I fell in love with a grill very similar to the B5 Rs4 (which is the best IMO) but it was like £179.99 :blink:...alot of money for a Fly catcher wouldnt you say!!!!

I was going to try the DIY route on my Old quattro grill but just havnt had time...well maybe Ive been just a tad Lazy:), SO my S4 grill what you see in my pics is now Matt Black, a good improvement for the price of a tin of Matt and changes the front end completely...

Another one of my favs!!

135GVW-04-AUDI-A4-A-Grill.jpg

could you put a link to the b5 style grille for £180 you saw

Thanks

Craig

Just about to leave for the Inlaws so Ill dig it out tomorrow for you (whilst my turkey is falling out my *** and out my ears:puke2:) Its an american site I found it through AudiZine.

Ive just seen your motor Craig, Looks nice. LMs + Silver = Spot on!!

get a bigger pick up mate!!!

i had the kamei style one on my old b5, but i want the audi rings on it this time around... and yeah i've done the matt black paint on my grill, but i want something a bit better looking lol

Yeah they are way too pricey for me, thats why I matt blacked my S4 grill in the end!!

pick of the bunch has to be the ABT item looks bloomin gorjus.

Yes I have to agree, the ABT one looks more value for money too. I missed out on one in the summer on Ebay. The Guy ended the Auction for £75.00 Delivered :faint: Thats Cheap considering it was BRAND new.

There's a couple of ABT grills on eBay at the moment here.

£69 + £10 shipping :hubbahubba:

Bargin I think as I've seen them elsewhere for a lot more. Only downside is they don't come with the ABT badge. There were 3 but I just got one :)

S1hal.. Check out the grille that Stafford Audi are selling .It's Audi oem part and has honey combe design.

Thanks CMD, I think I might have to as I just got an email from eBay saying the ABT ones were a scam. Feck!

In regards to the Stafford Audi ones, They do look nice but I'm not sure whether the black or chrome surround would look better with the GMBH sport bumper in silver.

s1hal just to let you know these grilles from Stafford Audi are the colour silver not chrome .They also come in black i have sent mine back today as (i thought grille was chrome my fault) The guys at Stafford Audi were very helpful and have no problem with refunding me my money.

Cheers. If I was going for one, I'd want to change the lower mesh to honeycomb too. The S4 grill is starting to look more appealing by the day :)

The ABT one I won on ebay actually arrived and it's not an ABT one. It's a cheap fibreglass copy. Theres not a straight line on it :( I believe the real ABT ones are made of plastic.

This guy has other parts for sale including rear roof spoilers and front lip spoilers so beware of any unbelievably cheap ABT bargins you might find on ebay.
:busted_cop: :undwech:

Vagparts need to get back, They used to sell the S4 grill brand spank for 60 odd, thats what I paid for mine!gutted now...