B7 RS4 Saloon or Avant with 2 Young Kids?

FaisalJ

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Well, it's time to fulfill a long standing desire for a B7 RS4.

I'll be selling my B8 2.0T quattro S-line soon, pics on this link. It's a quick and practical car (revo map to ~285bhp), but after owning a B6 S4, I miss having a V8!

So then I have to decide between a saloon or avant RS4. I have a 2 year old son, with baby no. 2 due in September. Interested to hear how RS4 owners with kids get on with the boot space in the saloon?

I'm leaning towards the extra practicality of the avant, but a) they seem a bit more expensive, b) the wife thinks all estates are ugly! She'll be driving it too, but i reckon she'd come around. But would be easier and cheaper to just get the saloon if I can get away with it I guess!

Don't think the saloon would be very easy getting a buggy etc in and out of the boot, as opposed to the avant where I'd be surprised if you ever ran out of space.

Rear space in either the saloon or avant in the B7 RS4 is terrible. buckets or recaros makes little difference. Once a child seat is in the back you cannot put the front seats back very far.
Boot depth is the same in both cars but of course the Avant has a lower entry level for buggies etc.
I am sorry I didn't get an RS6 now.