RS4 Saloon - 20" options

Which 20" wheels should be my next target?

• C6 RS6s

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • B8 RS4s

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • BBS CKs

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • OZ Superleggera III

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I still haven't even fitted my 20" Q7 wheels, but I'm already on the hunt for other options. Only problem is that I've not found a wheel that jumps out as being THE wheel I want. There are a few options available... what are people's thoughts? I'd rather stick with OEM but if BBS are ok, are OZ ok too, or maybe a shade too "aftermarket", or justified by the weight savings? So many questions.

First off, these are the ones going on next month:
WP_0001751024x768.jpg

Obvious alternative is C6 RS6s, probably anthracite too
audi-rs4-avant-rs6-rims-11.jpg

Or my current favourite OEM choice - B8 RS4 V-spokes
2013-audi-rs4-avanat-leaked-images_100382073_l.jpg

BBS 20" CKs (only set in the UK, apparently) that'd be redone silver
earlyed2_zpsd7a7b2d1.jpg

Or the outsider, and most "aftermarket" I'd consider - OZ Superleggera III Forged (can't find them on a B7)
o-z-superleggera-iii-255-30-305-25-20-2.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks
Martin

BBS for looks or SuperLeggeras for me. If I was going 20" I'd want as light a wheel as possible which points at the Oz's.

How about the BBS RX-R Marty? Very nice they are too.

If they're the ones that are like the Rotiform BLQs, I'm not a fan.

I like the 911 Turbo S wheels, sort of a TSW Hockenheim R design, not a million miles from Mk4 Golf 25th Anni BBSs... but haven't seen anything in 20" and don't know the OEM name of them.

I actually like a few Porsche wheels - the 5x flat spokes with a 1/4 twist, the 5x V-spoke style off the GT3, the 10-spoke ones that tuck in just at the rim... why are there so many wheels I want!?!?!

The BBS are off to an early lead, but after another afternoon of browsing... I'm thinking 20" CH-Rs with a nice curve are the preferable BBS. Or maybe the (to me, anyway) as yet unseen RI-D?

CH-Rs (on an S5)
Audi_A5_BBS_CH-R_20_inch-600x440.jpg

or RI-D
bbsrid3-750x750.jpg

Porsche Cayennes, on a Transporter (surprising how many Transporters have 20"s on)
DSC_0002___.jpg

That's without even going into AMGs, or Jag wheels... there are too many options. I may have to give up and just stick with the ones I already have :keule:

Here's mine; 20" BBS CHR's

Iain2s

Reactions: N8, MartayMcFly and g00se
RS6 alloys without doubt, best looking alloys ever! BBS on an RS4 , in my own opinion obv, looks just horrible. a car of that calibre does not warrant BBS in any way...they are for A3s and thats it!!!

Those RS6 alloys don't suit the B7 RS4 at all IMHO. :sm4: I'm fancying a change actually as my wheels have been on for well over 3 years now. Like most new things, they were pretty cool for a while until everyone else started fitting them, or cheap lookalike imitations, on to their cars. They are a good quality wheel though. I'm quite fancying a set of HRE's but the price is pretty scary; you get what you pay for I suppose.
Evosport HRE Carbon Wheel Flyer CF40

Reactions: Tuddie
RS6 alloys without doubt, best looking alloys ever! BBS on an RS4 , in my own opinion obv, looks just horrible. a car of that calibre does not warrant BBS in any way...they are for A3s and thats it!!!

A car of that calibre doesn't warrant BBS wheels in any way and they are only for A3's and that it??!!! How on earth doesn't an RS4 warrant a set of BBS rims?? BBS are one of the best and most established wheel makers in the world!

Reactions: Brodster, N8 and IainRS
Loving the BBS CH-R's, Martin, ..those or the RS4 V spokes would be my choice for sure. :wub: xx

B8 RS4 Vs for me.. second choice would be the C6 RS6s, but i think they only work on an Avant

goose

Well after the fuss of getting these bloomin' things on the car, I think next year I'll be looking at 5x112 options exclusively and so far I'm leaning towards CH-Rs for sure. Anyway... pics would follow, but I'm going to save them for the meet on Saturday (pics from the meet and from today, getting them fitted). Well OK, maybe just one, since you've all been good.

IMAG0090_zpsd4367678.jpg

I suppose I should stick up a full pic since I didn't make it down to Krispy Kreme before everyone had gone home.

IMAG0089_zps038e6b04.jpg

IMAG0087_zps77013942.jpg

KW coilover springs being fitted as we speak to bring the front end down in-line with the rear.