RS4 Reps and centre caps

keendean

Reaction score
I have some nice new rs4 reps, which were fitted a few days ago. I want to check that the nuts are nice and tight. But, how do you remove the centre caps without marking the alloys, as I nearly have already :( Daft question I know

There's a little notch in the cap, just pry them off using that and you shouldnt mark them.

yeah I tried that, they are stuck on good. Using the notch and a blunt instument I did try and pry it off, but then marked the alloy. There must be a knack, and I need to find something that won't mark my two day old alloys :(

there should be a tool in your toolkit which resembles this
Untitled-13.jpg

your finger goes thru the loop and the other end you put in the dummy rivet centre and lever the cap off it'll come off with a bit of force

I used to slide a bit of thin cardboard in between the cap and wheel and then use a small screw driver to lever it off. Alternatively use something plastic which shouldnt mark it.

Either that or use a large flat blade screwdriver and put a piece of card underneath where it will touch the alloy, they are on fairly tight but it is just a clip so brute force works.

jeffers999 said:
If its that tight you could take the wheel off and pop it off from behind ....

how if the wheels are fitted mate? he would need to remove the covers first anyway?