RS4 RARB problem

Cam1177

Reaction score
Just had a call from the garage who were trying to install the RS4 RARB onto my S line quattro.

They have said that it wont fit and is too big (thicker) and is hitting the suspension arms.

I have tried to say that it should fit but as i'm not there personally i cant comment.

Is there something wrong in what they are doing or missing?

Cheers

haha....its all right. They phoned back and confirmed they've now got it. Thank god for that :think:

Think i'll finish work early today :laugh:

I would assume taht if its thicker, it will require its own mounting bracketry?

Do you have the correct RS4 brackets?

I would assume taht if its thicker, it will require its own mounting bracketry?

Do you have the correct RS4 brackets?

Only the centre needs new bushes & brackets.

My guess is they tried to fit it back to front or upside down!!!!

:blush:

I think I'm gonig to get one of these fitted when I put mine in for service & MOT at the end of the month.

Can anyone confirm that these are the correct part numbers?

RS4 'DRC' 22mm Rear Anti Roll Bar -- 8E0511409AM
Bushes -------------------------------------- 8E0511327B (X2)
Bolts for Brackets ------------------------- N10127706 (X4)
Bolts for ARB links ------------------------ N10528101 (X2)

Thanks

haha....its all right. They phoned back and confirmed they've now got it. Thank god for that :think:

Think i'll finish work early today :laugh:

Let's hope they fitted it correctly. i.e. with the wheels loaded with the car wieght and not hanging in the air. They should use a drive on car lift and not the lifts that leave the wheels unsupported.

p.s. Anyone want to buy my S4 ARB cheap? :sly:

Got this done last month, but given the crap weather in the west of scotland, i've not really had the chance to test it out propoerly until now.

Wow !!

What a difference it makes, just went for a 90 mile hoot around the country roads and the thing handles so much better. Very little understeer at all now. Was with a few other drivers and lad behind me said it looked so planted going round the corners that he was sure i could have gone quicker. Probably, but given newish tyres and not having found the limits of the car yet, not going flat out just yet. Very impressed with it.

Cannot reccommend this mod enough!

Bring on the remap this week!! :yahoo:

p.s, Jeff did you get yours done in the end?

Hi Cam

Sorry to hi-jack your thread mate, but i was thinking of getting this mod done, am i right in thinking this will fit all B6 models? :think:

How much did u pay for it if you dont mind me asking, and where fitted it for you? I am also from the Glasgow area!

Cheers matey! :beerchug:

Would this be much of an upgrade on an S4? It already feels really planted to the road but im always on the lookout for improvements :)

From memory the A4 ARB is about 12 mm diameter and the Rs4 one about 22mm?

If so do you know what diameter the S4 one is?

on another thread (the first one about the rarb) it says the SE one is 16mm, s-line is 18mm, s4 is 20 mm, and rs4 is 22mm. i may have read wrong though

Good thread that, my 2.5 has an 18mm one then according to that, so i'm just gonna hold out until the the time is right for the 22mm upgrade ;)

im stuck with the 16mm... really want to do this upgrade but funds are a bit limitedright now :( haha