B8 RS4 owner

My gut is telling me to get my money back. Going to wait and see what options for replacement cars the come up with. One think I will be doing this weekend is declaring the car SORN and getting as much of the car tax back as i can. Might also cancel my car insurance as paid it all up front. So would get most of it back. The wife is suggesting I get something else as worried if we get another one we might have issues. So she's might need consciences. Other options are a new S4 or an S6. Might be able to get very good deal from the dealer. But my heart still says RS4.

Reactions: V6_Man and Thundercliffe81
My gut is telling me to get my money back. Going to wait and see what options for replacement cars the come up with. One think I will be doing this weekend is declaring the car SORN and getting as much of the car tax back as i can. Might also cancel my car insurance as paid it all up front. So would get most of it back. The wife is suggesting I get something else as worried if we get another one we might have issues. So she's might need consciences. Other options are a new S4 or an S6. Might be able to get very good deal from the dealer. But my heart still says RS4.

Don't loose faith because of this experience...i've just bought an RS4 and its incredible!! can I make a few suggestions after reading this thread.

1 Get your money back asap and never return to that place!!

2 Do your homework when buying a car, I looked at around ten cars before finding mine, each one I looked at I went over with a fine tooth combe for around an hour. You seem to have bought yours very quickly, be picky its your hard earned money, if something doesn't feel just right walk away!!

3 Don't rely on Audi main dealer to get the best car, the last one I looked at in Lincoln Audi and was a dog, the whole passenger side had been repainted and it had obviously had a hard paper round. Another one I looked at in Harrogate Audi was just as bad.

4 Pay good money for the right car from the right person, I found a one owner car with 13k miles that had obviously been very well looked after...if they can't afford to put proper tyres on the car then they probably haven't been able to afford to even put the correct fuel in it...the small details tell the bigger story!!

Take your time, do your research on the seller, the past owner and the cars history, they are all details that if you are clever you can easily get...ok ok so its a little bit of stalking but pays off in the long run... get the right car from the right person and believe me you will love it!!

Hope it helps and good luck

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Robbe and DeanoC
Still no further in getting this resolved. The garage can't find a replacement RS4. Not really offering any deals on any other car. So feels like it's getting to the point to ask for my money back. Only issue with that is that is leaves me without a car and need one to get to work. We have 2nd car but it's an A1. So at a bit of a loss. The garage is looking at what they can do on a new S4. not really any RS4 with the spec I want within my budget. So really at a loss as what to do.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Sorry if I missed what dealer you got it from, but are they part of a group?
With all the RS4s on the Audi used site surely they can get you what you want, if they tried hard enough!
I would get your money back and go find your own from a different garage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Had a look through the audi used site and nothing there in my price range and spec and spec. Also checked autotrader and the same.

Still no further in getting this resolved. The garage can't find a replacement RS4. Not really offering any deals on any other car. So feels like it's getting to the point to ask for my money back. Only issue with that is that is leaves me without a car and need one to get to work. We have 2nd car but it's an A1. So at a bit of a loss. The garage is looking at what they can do on a new S4. not really any RS4 with the spec I want within my budget. So really at a loss as what to do.

Hey bud. My dealer said you guys had spoke. Any joy there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bud. My dealer said you guys had spoke. Any joy there?

We have spoke but he has nothing. He is looking at S4 for me as that is an option. Would prefer something with a V8 but think they are out of my price range or no cars in the spec I want.

We have spoke but he has nothing. He is looking at S4 for me as that is an option. Would prefer something with a V8 but think they are out of my price range or no cars in the spec I want.

Send me your desired spec mate.

Just been to look at another RS4. Looked very good as was nice to drive one again. Only concerns I have is that the discs have ridges on it. Is this normal? Don't want to have to fork out for new discs. Also it didn't wow me. Not sure if driving a new S6 for 3 weeks has made the rs4 interior feel dated. Got a test drive in a new S4 next week to see what i think. so not really sure what the plan is.

IMG 4603

Get them to measure them but to be honest a clear ridge is time to replace. They only have 1mm wear each side. I know what you mean about the c7 vs b8 interior. Legaues apart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Robbie I feel your pain and such reading this. Only you can decide what's right for you, I've been looking at selling mine it's got a mega spec! The problem I have is this....apart from an RS6 which does have synthetic burble like most modern cars all the other Audi's just don't really cut it....Mercs are no different here and Porsche well....just expensive all round. The RS4 is just the right size, it's a genuine sound, it has no turbos or supercharger so Naturally means as it should be, it lugs stuff about, it seats five, it looks the dogs, it sounds the dogs, it revs all the way upstairs and into the loft, it's reasonable to service, it makes you smile, it makes others smile, it doesn't need the latest tech as you don't need it, it can be playful like a puppy without a lead if you turn off traction and it loves you back!!! You may not all agree but I don't think I've lied here.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Robbie I feel your pain and such reading this. Only you can decide what's right for you, I've been looking at selling mine it's got a mega spec! The problem I have is this....apart from an RS6 which does have synthetic burble like most modern cars all the other Audi's just don't really cut it....Mercs are no different here and Porsche well....just expensive all round. The RS4 is just the right size, it's a genuine sound, it has no turbos or supercharger so Naturally means as it should be, it lugs stuff about, it seats five, it looks the dogs, it sounds the dogs, it revs all the way upstairs and into the loft, it's reasonable to service, it makes you smile, it makes others smile, it doesn't need the latest tech as you don't need it, it can be playful like a puppy without a lead if you turn off traction and it loves you back!!! You may not all agree but I don't think I've lied here.

Know what you mean. its a shame the new RS4 will be a V6 as the noise will be nothing like a V8. going to have to done thinking. just a bit shocked that wasn't more excited when i got back in the RS4.

Give me it! Haha. All I can say is, I've gone from B8.5 to B9 S4 and yup, it's all about interior and weight. LEAGUES apart, more so than the S6 interior wise. It's very nimble. But I think @Robbe will hate the gearbox and well, I'm moving to a B8 RS4. So, that tells ya something. Athlete in a suit. No soul but ticks many boxes. I just don't 'love' my B9 S4. For some crazy reason, I loved my B8.5 S4. Weird right?

You'll make the right call @Robbe

Why you selling yours then if you love it?

Know what you mean. its a shame the new RS4 will be a V6 as the noise will be nothing like a V8. going to have to done thinking. just a bit shocked that wasn't more excited when i got back in the RS4.

Once burned...?

Give me it! Haha. All I can say is, I've gone from B8.5 to B9 S4 and yup, it's all about interior and weight. LEAGUES apart, more so than the S6 interior wise. It's very nimble. But I think @Robbe will hate the gearbox and well, I'm moving to a B8 RS4. So, that tells ya something. Athlete in a suit. No soul but ticks many boxes. I just don't 'love' my B9 S4. For some crazy reason, I loved my B8.5 S4. Weird right?

You'll make the right call @Robbe

Why you selling yours then if you love it?

I'm not, it's in having a complete sunroof replacement under warranty, it's been gone 3 weeks and I'm a lost soul, a shell of my former self, watching RS4 reviews on YouTube like I'm remembering a long lost friend, waking in the middle of the night thinking I've gone and bought an B9 S4 sportback and thinking....phew it's ok it's just a bad dream hahaha got this for a couple weeks
cc195977592d4ea2ea53f97101138b1c.jpg

It's ok, 3ltr diesel and responds only once the turbo wakes up and realises there is a person in the driving seat

I'm KEEPING my RS4 when I get it back, I'm gonna do the park bench arm around her **** pick asap

Once burned...?

Think that is part of it. Worry that the next one will have issues etc. Also I loved the spec of the car I had and I will have to compromise to get another one. It silly things like prefer carbon inlays to black but it's just a bit of trim that you hardly look at. Will see what the S4 is like, but have a feeling it's not going to feel and sound like a RS4. But need to be 100% sure.

I'm not, it's in having a complete sunroof replacement under warranty, it's been gone 3 weeks and I'm a lost soul, a shell of my former self, watching RS4 reviews on YouTube like I'm remembering a long lost friend, waking in the middle of the night thinking I've gone and bought an B9 S4 sportback and thinking....phew it's ok it's just a bad dream hahaha got this for a couple weeks
cc195977592d4ea2ea53f97101138b1c.jpg

It's ok, 3ltr diesel and responds only once the turbo wakes up and realises there is a person in the driving seat

I'm KEEPING my RS4 when I get it back, I'm gonna do the park bench arm around her **** pick asap

Get it done. I've seen so many of those of photos and not once have I thought..."He's gone too far" I've got buyers regret, man. Order envy. But I think I needed to experience the shiny bells and whistles of the latest tech to realise I need something raw and simple.

Think that is part of it. Worry that the next one will have issues etc. Also I loved the spec of the car I had and I will have to compromise to get another one. It silly things like prefer carbon inlays to black but it's just a bit of trim that you hardly look at. Will see what the S4 is like, but have a feeling it's not going to feel and sound like a RS4. But need to be 100% sure.

Absolutely. You're doing it right, mate.

Just driven a S4 avant and was surprised. In dynamic mode it did sound very nice and has a good interior. My local Audi is giving me a very good deal on a new S4 fully loaded that works out less then the RS4. So got some thinking to do tonight as if I order the S4 this week I can get the car in November as they have a spare build slot they can amend.

Just driven a S4 avant and was surprised. In dynamic mode it did sound very nice and has a good interior. My local Audi is giving me a very good deal on a new S4 fully loaded that works out less then the RS4. So got some thinking to do tonight as if I order the S4 this week I can get the car in November as they have a spare build slot they can amend.

Ooooooh. Tricky one. Great that you liked it. Just got back in mine after being on holiday. It shifts. Plush interior. Missed it. But...November? If you're willing to wait, a great RS4 can be found or even an S6.

Got some thinking to do

emoji85.png
Ooooooh. Tricky one. Great that you liked it. Just got back in mine after being on holiday. It shifts. Plush interior. Missed it. But...November? If you're willing to wait, a great RS4 can be found or even an S6.

Got some thinking to do
emoji3.png

only 10-12 weeks away. we have a second car (Audi A1) and I can bike to work. Would miss not having a big car for a few months, but manageable. but the S4 is less a month, no maintenance cost and still put a smile on my face. need to decide quickly to get the build slot...

well S4 has been ordered and requested a full refund from the dealer for the RS4.

I have also put my Carbon Mirrors (will fit any B8 without lane assist) and panel filter up for sale as no longer need them

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and DeanoC
finally got a reply from the dealer about my refund. they will clear my finance, so that is ok. However not going to give me back my first months finance payment or the £2k i used to clear my old finance. i could start arguing with them but just want the whole thing over. they have given me my insurance costs back as a good will a whopping £109!!!!

finally got a reply from the dealer about my refund. they will clear my finance, so that is ok. However not going to give me back my first months finance payment or the £2k i used to clear my old finance. i could start arguing with them but just want the whole thing over. they have given me my insurance costs back as a good will a whopping £109!!!!

Two grand is two grand. I'd probably fight it. But, that being said...is it worth the emotional energy? Dunno. One of them horror stories you hear you about unfortunately and you've gone through it. Look forward to your new car and what that brings.

At least you can start to put it behind you now. I'll take over the reigns next spring

Reactions: NevMan
Two grand is two grand. I'd probably fight it. But, that being said...is it worth the emotional energy? Dunno. One of them horror stories you hear you about unfortunately and you've gone through it. Look forward to your new car and what that brings.

At least you can start to put it behind you now. I'll take over the reigns next spring

Just be aware that coming out with the RS4 boys we won't hold back on dousing you with that noise.....V8 will haunt you

I know what you mean but not sure I have a leg to stand on. basically gave my car and £2k to the dealer and got nothing in return... oh well.... thats life i guess. might send the same email to the CEO of the group once i have everything confirmed. see if I get any response. Only good thing is that i have the S6 until next friday. so gives me 1 week to find a bike to get to work and then count down the weeks till the S4

Just be aware that coming out with the RS4 boys we won't hold back on dousing you with that noise.....V8 will haunt you

Haunt?! Shower me in that noise. I demand it

very true.. plan is to keep the S4 for 2-3 years and then see what the new S6/S7 is like or move into a RS6 PE when the prices start to drop... :)

I know what you mean but not sure I have a leg to stand on. basically gave my car and £2k to the dealer and got nothing in return... oh well.... thats life i guess. might send the same email to the CEO of the group once i have everything confirmed. see if I get any response. Only good thing is that i have the S6 until next friday. so gives me 1 week to find a bike to get to work and then count down the weeks till the S4

It'll fly by bro. Promise. The tracker is pretty cool from Audi actually. Just keeps that buzz going and there's tonnes of us in the S4 forums. Really good guys

I did have a B8.5 S4 and found what it may have lacked against the RS4 it made up with the supercharger.....felt more aggressive drive....I hope the B9 gives you what you are seeking. Be good to meet up once you get it with Thunder cat Cliffe for a drive

I did have a B8.5 S4 and found what it may have lacked against the RS4 it made up with the supercharger.....felt more aggressive drive....I hope the B9 gives you what you are seeking. Be good to meet up once you get it with Thunder cat Cliffe for a drive

Where you based man? I'm West Yorkshire. Totally agree with you about the B8.5. I loved that car. I truly did. The exhaust wasn't as characterful as this B9 but that supercharger just felt raw and...'natural'. As close to NA as ya could get.

This B9? Infinitely better on paper and build. But I don't love it. Mad that isn't it? X factor is a huge thing. I'm up for a drive in winter. Just keep in touch on here. You got the standard Sport exhaust?

Got my car back and parked next to what was a possible swap!
ccdaa80b601acbca6b853989a8438c4d.jpg

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Thundercliffe81
Sorry you've had such a bad time, and a dealer's customer skills will make or break the ownership every time.

I love my RS, and while I compromised on some spec, I've never looked back buying an over-serviced one-owner model from Newcastle Audi (not local at all).
Have thought the B9 S4 might be a replacement and I haven't driven one, but as the previous owner of my RS bought a factory 4 yr warranty, it's probably staying put for the next 15 months..... hitting 8,000rpm is epic.

Hope your next one is more rewarding.

Sorry you've had such a bad time, and a dealer's customer skills will make or break the ownership every time.

I love my RS, and while I compromised on some spec, I've never looked back buying an over-serviced one-owner model from Newcastle Audi (not local at all).
Have thought the B9 S4 might be a replacement and I haven't driven one, but as the previous owner of my RS bought a factory 4 yr warranty, it's probably staying put for the next 15 months..... hitting 8,000rpm is epic.

Hope your next one is more rewarding.

Well, haven’t been here for a good while and there’s good reason....I felt (know) Audi dealership completely let me down...;

I’d agreed a part x of my RS4 for a C63 Performance pack plus (487 standard) and so got the car booked in for a very slight wheel scuff (whole wheel restoration) and scratch to rear wing under insurance claim as 3rd party reversed into me... arranged through Audi dealer to have repairs made and dropped at their repair centre. Instructed chap to repair badly scuffed wheel to front instead of other as that was minor. On the day of collection I was told vehicle cannot be dropped to me because of a carbuncle to tyre (then one they removed and refitted, it wasn’t there before) they also couldn’t source me a tyre and I had a 16hr return drive to Glasgow the following morning at 3am. So cut a long story I agreed to go and collect. In the meantime my vehicle was driven by staff to a tyre centre (Audi Car app locator) and so I thought they’d sorted it. I arrived to a very apologetic member of Audi at 5.30pm and he look terrified???? “Let me take you to your car and btw the garage repaired the wrong wheel” I could of got angry but I remained composed and said don’t worry shxt happens (I couldn’t tear into him it wasn’t his fault but I was totally pxssed) I had told px garage that wheel was being repaired, now I was left to explain...hey ho! I drove off and stopped at lights around corner where the guy pulled up next to me and said “safe journey to Scotland” I thanked them for fixing the tyre and he replied “ oh no we didn’t we just put £20 of fuel in for the hassle” I was now left with a duff wheel and tyre and a 3am 8hr journey to Glasgow before me. I eventually got Audi to cover the cost of the receiving garage to get these items rectified. And that’s it really, duff DRC, damage to leather seats when sunroof replaced, tried to imply my discs needed changing all round at £1400 and finally sent me on my way in a car they wouldn’t let there staff drive but subsequently did and all from a dealership where my mate worked in sales and where a member of service department told me I was a pain in the arsx (she was a man in drag, real butch and prisoner cell block H staff) and given a filthy courtesy car and told to clean it out myself. Mercedes have been wonderful and the NA 6.2 is on another level!

Sorry for the length of reply but feels good to reminisce while looking at the beast on the drive.

Well, haven’t been here for a good while and there’s good reason....I felt (know) Audi dealership completely let me down...;

I’d agreed a part x of my RS4 for a C63 Performance pack plus (487 standard) and so got the car booked in for a very slight wheel scuff (whole wheel restoration) and scratch to rear wing under insurance claim as 3rd party reversed into me... arranged through Audi dealer to have repairs made and dropped at their repair centre. Instructed chap to repair badly scuffed wheel to front instead of other as that was minor. On the day of collection I was told vehicle cannot be dropped to me because of a carbuncle to tyre (then one they removed and refitted, it wasn’t there before) they also couldn’t source me a tyre and I had a 16hr return drive to Glasgow the following morning at 3am. So cut a long story I agreed to go and collect. In the meantime my vehicle was driven by staff to a tyre centre (Audi Car app locator) and so I thought they’d sorted it. I arrived to a very apologetic member of Audi at 5.30pm and he look terrified???? “Let me take you to your car and btw the garage repaired the wrong wheel” I could of got angry but I remained composed and said don’t worry shxt happens (I couldn’t tear into him it wasn’t his fault but I was totally pxssed) I had told px garage that wheel was being repaired, now I was left to explain...hey ho! I drove off and stopped at lights around corner where the guy pulled up next to me and said “safe journey to Scotland” I thanked them for fixing the tyre and he replied “ oh no we didn’t we just put £20 of fuel in for the hassle” I was now left with a duff wheel and tyre and a 3am 8hr journey to Glasgow before me. I eventually got Audi to cover the cost of the receiving garage to get these items rectified. And that’s it really, duff DRC, damage to leather seats when sunroof replaced, tried to imply my discs needed changing all round at £1400 and finally sent me on my way in a car they wouldn’t let there staff drive but subsequently did and all from a dealership where my mate worked in sales and where a member of service department told me I was a pain in the arsx (she was a man in drag, real butch and prisoner cell block H staff) and given a filthy courtesy car and told to clean it out myself. Mercedes have been wonderful and the NA 6.2 is on another level!

Sorry for the length of reply but feels good to reminisce while looking at the beast on the drive.

Which dealership? Flipping eck. Sigh, this stuff really does put you off doesn't it?

My mate just got his C63 with PP. Absolute giggle fest that car. I love it. Handful though haha.

My mate just got his C63 with PP. Absolute giggle fest that car. I love it. Handful though haha.

Did Scotland in it 1400 mile round trip and around 450/530 in fuel. The car is phenomenal when pushed, sticks well (Vredistein ultrac vorti) rubber, steering is on point and handling was reassuring. On 18’s it’s a comfortable ride. I have the LSD which is a must. I would take it over the B8 RS4 all day long and that’s mostly to do with the fact it’s such a crazy car and funny and rewarding (I’m not saying it’s the better car, just I personally prefer it)

Did Scotland in it 1400 mile round trip and around 450/530 in fuel. The car is phenomenal when pushed, sticks well (Vredistein ultrac vorti) rubber, steering is on point and handling was reassuring. On 18’s it’s a comfortable ride. I have the LSD which is a must. I would take it over the B8 RS4 all day long and that’s mostly to do with the fact it’s such a crazy car and funny and rewarding (I’m not saying it’s the better car, just I personally prefer it)

I'm with ya. If I'm being honest, it's the more exciting car. More of an event. And surprisingly good when pushed in the rain. But last weekend, it was 90% spun out in sport+ just in the wet and my mate did a good job of recovering it. But, it wasn't amused and didn't like it haha. Nearly ended up back on ourselves.

He wasn't driving like a Wally. I just said how my S4 could be foot flat and it would hold the line on this long bend. I think my mate took that as "Challenge accepted". I'm looking to try a 507 down the line. Probably for just a year. Max. What a bonkers car though. So glad it exists. We're looking to do the Scotland route 500.