RS4 on the configurator

Completely agree with this, a 400hp 4 pot RS3 would never had turned my head. That engine did it for me after a single test drive! We have a S3 and RS3 on the drive and whilst the S3 is great it falls way short of the RS3 which is they way it should be imho. RS should be completely nuts whilst the S is sensible shoes. Imho Audi seem to be turning away from that philosophy as all the recent RS cars seem to have been softened up eg FL RS3, RS5 and now it seems RS4.

TX.

Maybe true but way better than BM or MB competition. My RS3 is awesome and I will be sad to see her go ...well she might not yet !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x and Thundercliffe81
It’s strange over here. The S4 Avant is €72K but the RS4 is €79K. That seems a very small difference considering that normally we’re screwed on price here. The RS3 is €68.7. A €10K increase to go from RS3 Saloon to RS4 seems low to me.

It’s strange over here. The S4 Avant is €72K but the RS4 is €79K. That seems a very small difference considering that normally we’re screwed on price here. The RS3 is €68.7. A €10K increase to go from RS3 Saloon to RS4 seems low to me.

Wow, that makes it a much more difficult decision then! Or maybe easier if there’s only €7k in it?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Wow, that makes it a much more difficult decision then! Or maybe easier if there’s only €7k in it?

Easier

Reactions: Daggerit
Interesting. Audi spec is very different in different countries. Have you compared UK differences?
How soon after order do you get a build date. 2 weeks since my order but no date yet

Interesting. Audi spec is very different in different countries. Have you compared UK differences?
How soon after order do you get a build date. 2 weeks since my order but no date yet

Yep still awaiting a build week also!

Just got my build week so might be worth checking in with your dealer

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Thundercliffe81
Yep.. lands Feb 23rd for March 1st pick up

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and RGBARGEE
Yep.. lands Feb 23rd for March 1st pick up

Exciting... I've just to sell high spec 16 plate RS3 and 66 plate Avant TDI q S line first!!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Addict
Exciting... I've just to sell high spec 16 plate RS3 and 66 plate Avant TDI q S line first!!

5df18d0f6c56a1ed45a3981e5490972e.jpg

Reactions: Daggerit and Addict
Nice review up chaps -

I like his stuff. Sonoma looks epic with black pack. Car looks great full stop. Just wish it sounded as aggressive as it looks. Still no word on uk Alcantara options for wheel and lever?

I’d love to get in one of these my spec comes to 65k or thereabouts. I’d ont like any of the wheel options only the 19s hope there’s a sniffing of Some discount in a year or so save me going to m3

Reactions: Addict and Thundercliffe81
I like his stuff. Sonoma looks epic with black pack. Car looks great full stop. Just wish it sounded as aggressive as it looks. Still no word on uk Alcantara options for wheel and lever?

No word.. and too late for me anyway my spec is locked in for a March 1st hand-over so no point teasing myself with any adjustments I might have made! ;)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Watching that video, I find it interesting that the RS4 doesn't get the green-amber-red shift lights round the tach like the R8 and all the other RS models. I was hoping that there could be some sort of coding done to get it in the S4 but if they don't even have it in the RS variant it's looking pretty unlikely. I was looking round the 5 minute mark of the video if anyone wants to take a look too.

Watching that video, I find it interesting that the RS4 doesn't get the green-amber-red shift lights round the tach like the R8 and all the other RS models. I was hoping that there could be some sort of coding done to get it in the S4 but if they don't even have it in the RS variant it's looking pretty unlikely. I was looking round the 5 minute mark of the video if anyone wants to take a look too.

I've seen other vids where it does it mate

Good spot, think you’re bang in the money there sir!

I'm looking at the scenery more than the car Looks like it handles very well. I'm due to test previous gen and this one back to back before I pull the trigger on B8 in spring. Could be an unwise move haha.

Reactions: Daggerit

Predictable review from everything I've seen. Seems like compromise. But a very capable car. Watching the reviews, I've noticed I keep getting distracted or just lose interest and do something else. Hand on heart...that has never happened once watching a B8 review/test.

Anyway, these things will leave the B8 for dead at the lights and on country roads.