RS4 on the configurator

Daggerit

Reaction score
As the title suggests, the RS4 is not available to spec out on the configurator!

You can pretty easily make it eye-wateringly expensive with just some useful options though... Not convinced that it's worth £20k more than an S4 for a little extra horsepower and some wider arches.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Robbe, kennyboy993 and 1 other person
I just did a nice orange one for £75k. It does include a lot as standard, although charging £250 for tyre pressure monitoring seems a bit tight of them! I thought this was included on my A4.......maybe I should read things through a bit more carefully.

Tyre pressure monitoring is shown in the additional displays and gives a readout of current pressures as opposed to TPMS on standard cars which just informs you when pressures are low

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Tyre pressure monitoring is shown in the additional displays and gives a readout of current pressures as opposed to TPMS on standard cars which just informs you when pressures are low

What you said. And temperature as well apparently, according to the additional information if you click on it within the configurator.

What you said. And temperature as well apparently, according to the additional information if you click on it within the configurator.

The kettle is on. This is gonna get expensive. I'm not convinced by the B9 4&5 sound but I know...I just know that when I see a 4 in the flesh, I'm gonna want it. Be strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Addict
£75k without breaking a sweat. Insanity. Guy at work has just bought an M140i with the M division active exhaust. Sounds how a 6cylinder should do. Like...race car good. Even at 1500-2000 rpm.

I always thought this new one was gonna have all the weight saving benefits with a 'competition pack-esque' sound. Deep, burbly and raspy at high revs. But it sounds like a hoover.

Can't wait to see one in flesh or on the road though. Hopefully in Nogaro if anybody is mad enough to spend £2400. Wanted to love this new one. Bah Give me the V8.

146513990d30eacd364bbba9713094bd.jpg
57c1be6bfe000a5efd78a61e614eb356.jpg
a864c596f922d3aa73064bfd2e5dcbde.jpg
cef3a6a6a466dbf066782e771a608ffc.jpg
7634d11338ff8e928778a5b2a7711452.jpg
1282b6010534ca60b5341d7f9bc8c7b9.jpg
5a661884e63a0e96bdfd2c5b89064c62.jpg
79c5bffb14d4adfe8633bd291103536c.jpg

£75k without breaking a sweat. Insanity. Guy at work has just bought an M140i with the M division active exhaust. Sounds how a 6cylinder should do. Like...race car good. Even at 1500-2000 rpm.

I always thought this new one was gonna have all the weight saving benefits with a 'competition pack-esque' sound. Deep, burbly and raspy at high revs. But it sounds like a hoover.

Can't wait to see one in flesh or on the road though. Hopefully in Nogaro if anybody is mad enough to spend £2400. Wanted to love this new one. Bah
emoji3.png
Give me the V8.

146513990d30eacd364bbba9713094bd.jpg
57c1be6bfe000a5efd78a61e614eb356.jpg
a864c596f922d3aa73064bfd2e5dcbde.jpg
cef3a6a6a466dbf066782e771a608ffc.jpg
7634d11338ff8e928778a5b2a7711452.jpg
1282b6010534ca60b5341d7f9bc8c7b9.jpg
5a661884e63a0e96bdfd2c5b89064c62.jpg
79c5bffb14d4adfe8633bd291103536c.jpg

Please

i don't like the black plastic false intakes at the start (front) and end (rear) of the arch extensions.

other than that, i'd go for the green.

Mine’s already ordered as of a few weeks ago as the dealer configurator has been available for a while. But nice to be able to have a play and see what you’re getting! I’ve gone Mythos, Anthacite 20s, comfort and sound pack, pano, black pack and red callipers and sports exhaust. Awaiting build week but should be Jan/Feb

Last edited:
Reactions: yuppyflyer and Thundercliffe81
Mine’s already ordered as of a few weeks ago as the dealer configurator has been available for a while. But nice to be able to have a play and see what you’re getting! I’ve gone Mythos, Anthacite 20s, comfort and sound pack, pano, black pack and red callipers. Awaiting build week but should be Jan/Feb

You going from an S5 sport back? Look forward to real world reviews

Yep! Had the Sportback as an interim (I cut a deal with he dealer to put me in it till the RS4 came out). So will be interesting to see how they compare. I love my Sportback (if only it had 20s on it!) but an RS4 is an RS4, and with a baby on the way it’s the more practical option (at least that’s what I’ve told my gf)

Yep! Had the Sportback as an interim (I cut a deal with he dealer to put me in it till the RS4 came out). So will be interesting to see how they compare. I love my Sportback (if only it had 20s on it!) but an RS4 is an RS4, and with a baby on the way it’s the more practical option (at least that’s what I’ve told my gf)

Man logic prevails always.

I should have cut a similar deal haha. But my dealer is pretty cool and knows I'm coming out early. What 'was' your deal if you don't mind me asking?

The Sportback is a beautiful design. RS5 version should be interesting but RS4 is an RS4, exactly as you say.

Yeah love the Sportback more than I thought I would. They put me in the Sportback for £610 per month on the basis I could come out of it no questions asked when the RS4 lands. I picked it up end of July so will be approx 6 months in it by the time the RS4 lands. I have a feeling I may want the RS5 Sportback but think the RS4 should be a keeper. It’s a childhood dream fulfilled

Yeah love the Sportback more than I thought I would. They put me in the Sportback for £610 per month on the basis I could come out of it no questions asked when the RS4 lands. I picked it up end of July so will be approx 6 months in it by the time the RS4 lands. I have a feeling I may want the RS5 Sportback but think the RS4 should be a keeper. It’s a childhood dream fulfilled

Same mate. Dream car. I might go for this or a performance one if it hits the shelves once I've got the V8 bug put my system. When is it due for delivery?

Same mate. Dream car. I might go for this or a performance one if it hits the shelves once I've got the V8 bug put my system. When is it due for delivery?

No build week just yet but suspected to be Feb

No build week just yet but suspected to be Feb

Yeah my dealer says expect the B8 used market to be flooded come march so February sounds like its real You got any exhaust mod plans in mind? I've not really seen anything great for the V6 in Audi's. Remus etc on BMW sounds pretty nice. And Alpha certainly nailed it with the quadrifoglio.

Tbh I hadn’t considered it. I’ve put the sports exhaust option on (forgot to mention that earlier) so hopefully that will give it enough pop but I’ll just play it by ear I think!

Ha. Please stop or I'll end up going for a service and coming out with an order.

If it was only as simple as staying away from the dealer for me Big bucks that I don't have. Someone needs to order this in metallic Nogaro. Please.

Tbh I hadn’t considered it. I’ve put the sports exhaust option on (forgot to mention that earlier) so hopefully that will give it enough pop but I’ll just play it by ear I think!

I take it back actually. When I think how good mine sounds now with simply unplugging the valve control, if this is done on the RS Sports exhaust, it should sound a fair bit louder.

I take it back actually. When I think how good mine sounds now with simply unplugging the valve control, if this is done on the RS Sports exhaust, it should sound a fair bit louder.

Or save yourself about £20k and get an S4 with a tune and a Milltek and I imagine it’ll be 99% the same... That’s why I just can’t justify the RS4!

Or save yourself about £20k and get an S4 with a tune and a Milltek and I imagine it’ll be 99% the same... That’s why I just can’t justify the RS4!

Ha! You know my stance on this. Not sure the B9 RS4 will go down as one of the greats. Just too pricey. Cash cow. Blingey optional extras at crazy prices. It's a stunner. I'm 100% on the design. But £20k base price jump is whacky huh?

One of those "If you've got the money not to worry about it" cars. Could depreciate quite hard.

Ha! You know my stance on this. Not sure the B9 RS4 will go down as one of the greats. Just too pricey. Cash cow. Blingey optional extras at crazy prices. It's a stunner. I'm 100% on the design. But £20k base price jump is whacky huh?

One of those "If you've got the money not to worry about it" cars. Could depreciate quite hard.

If it depreciates hard and I can find a good example with the kind of options I want then it might be worth looking at used in a few years though. Silver linings and all that.

I’m with you on the looks though, I really like it but just not at the additional cost. There is a but though. That’s the wheel choice which I’m really disappointed with as none of them look particularly nice to my eye...

If it depreciates hard and I can find a good example with the kind of options I want then it might be worth looking at used in a few years though. Silver linings and all that.

I’m with you on the looks though, I really like it but just not at the additional cost. There is a but though. That’s the wheel choice which I’m really disappointed with as none of them look particularly nice to my eye...

Yeah same on the 5. They almost look like those chrome 'spinners' you used to get on the Cadillac Escalade The 19s are the best design but too small.

I think it's going to be a great handling car. Hopefully I can get a test drive.

Reactions: Daggerit
Yeah same on the 5. They almost look like those chrome 'spinners' you used to get on the Cadillac Escalade The 19s are the best design but too small.

I think it's going to be a great handling car. Hopefully I can get a test drive.

Yup, totally agree.

Yup, totally agree.

Yeah the wheels could be better. I like the ones I’ve chosen but I don’t like them as much as the last model. Also agree with the 20k uplift comment. Having an S5 now that’s no doubt broadly the same as an S4, they really are all the car you need. However, I’ve always wanted an RS4 and the timing is right.. so all things consider I decided to pull the trigger... I’m very excited to get my hands on it!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit

I hope that’s not all it is for a £1200 option! (As well as a lick of paint on the pipes). My mate has the 911 with the sports exhaust on and it sounds very throaty and rumbley. Supposedly this RS4 engine is the same as the new Panamera S, so hoping it’s got an appropriate rumble on it!

Although listening to the RS5, it doesn’t sound very grunty! I wonder if they will do anything different to the sound on it, given that it’s an RS4 and not the ‘refined grand tourer’ type of car?

RS5 Sports Exhaust - definitely has some snap crackle and pop..

Last edited:
Done mine. 90k how I'd want it and 80k spec'd the same as my B8. No new tech other than phone integration, massage on the lumbar and VC.

You'd have to have something wrong with you. You could get a 2013/2014 R8 V10 plus and a diesel A4 for the kids/dog/bike for the same money.

People buying now are going to get smashed like I've never seen on depreciation. The used market has already decided the RS5s are massively overpriced. 3 month old ones with less than 1000 on the clock are going for £10 or £15k under their order price. This close to initial deliveries they should be selling for no discount to avoid the wait.
665820f804464febd100f97c8288a123.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mine comes in at 69k and happy with the spec. Like you, there’s no way i’d spend upwards of 80k on one

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Thundercliffe81 and DeanoC
I hope that’s not all it is for a £1200 option! (As well as a lick of paint on the pipes). My mate has the 911 with the sports exhaust on and it sounds very throaty and rumbley. Supposedly this RS4 engine is the same as the new Panamera S, so hoping it’s got an appropriate rumble on it!

Although listening to the RS5, it doesn’t sound very grunty! I wonder if they will do anything different to the sound on it, given that it’s an RS4 and not the ‘refined grand tourer’ type of car?

RS5 Sports Exhaust - definitely has some snap crackle and pop..

It will be the same as the RS5 bud. I've heard some pretty mean Porsche sports exhausts too. But I don't think RS4 will have anything as in your face. Thing is, if that's the sports exhaust, I'd hate to hear the standard one haha.

It will be the same as the RS5 bud. I've heard some pretty mean Porsche sports exhausts too. But I don't think RS4 will have anything as in your face. Thing is, if that's the sports exhaust, I'd hate to hear the standard one haha.

My thoughts exactly! Well, we’ll see.. may end up getting it modded yet. But see how it sounds when it lands

Done mine. 90k how I'd want it and 80k spec'd the same as my B8. No new tech other than phone integration, massage on the lumbar and VC.

You'd have to have something wrong with you. You could get a 2013/2014 R8 V10 plus and a diesel A4 for the kids/dog/bike for the same money.

People buying now are going to get smashed like I've never seen on depreciation. The used market has already decided the RS5s are massively overpriced. 3 month old ones with less than 1000 on the clock are going for £10 or £15k under their order price. This close to initial deliveries they should be selling for no discount to avoid the wait.
665820f804464febd100f97c8288a123.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Is this true, I haven't checked auto trader for new RS5s. You shouldn't be 'able' to spec a mid range performance car to £90k. Simple.

£15k in 3 months is disturbing. I knew it would be bad but not that bad. Why do you think the recipe is so different on this new one? How could they get it so wrong?

Addict, buddy...are you willing to share your monthly/deposit/pcp details etc? Just out of curiosity. Just wondering how Audi can support these figures.

Mine comes in at 69k and happy with the spec. Like you, there’s no way i’d spend upwards of 80k on one

And it isn't in any way to take a pop at people buying one. Not at all. You've just signed up for an RS4. It's gonna be an epic experience I bet. Dream car.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Is this true, I haven't checked auto trader for new RS5s. You shouldn't be 'able' to spec a mid range performance car to £90k. Simple.

£15k in 3 months is disturbing. I knew it would be bad but not that bad. Why do you think the recipe is so different on this new one? How could they get it so wrong?

Addict, buddy...are you willing to share your monthly/deposit/pcp details etc? Just out of curiosity. Just wondering how Audi can support these figures.

Haven’t agreed the figures yet... we’ve spec’d and ordered it on the basis if we can’t agree a sensible price, I’m not having it.

Bearing in mind I’m hardly putting anything down on it as gave them 2k on the S5, but told him it needs to start with an 8, rather than a 1 (which is how it’s coming out on the standard pricing when you run the spec!).
He’s confident we’ll get it to where it needs to be by turning a few knobs here and there, I.e. dealer contribution, adjust the APR, giving me more back on the S5 etc.

I may end up putting a small deposit in to help lube the deal, we’ll see!

I may end up putting a small deposit in to help lube the deal, we’ll see!

Such a beautiful choice of words Anything starting with an 8 would bankrupt me. Gulp. I'm definitely going to propose a similar deal to my dealer for my next two cars. I'm a loyal customer and you've carved out something good with that S5-RS4 deal.

Such a beautiful choice of words Anything starting with an 8 would bankrupt me. Gulp. I'm definitely going to propose a similar deal to my dealer for my next two cars. I'm a loyal customer and you've carved out something good with that S5-RS4 deal.

They are the beautiful words of Kenny Powers.. from the comedy genius ‘Eastbound and Down’

I basically pitched it to him saying I’d take something decent out of stock and do a deal that day, providing it was cheap as chips and then I’d come back for an RS4 if we get the price right, so basically he’s selling two cars. sure enough, he came back 5 mins later saying his boss ‘loves a double deal’ and we had a look what was in stock and found the S5 SB spec’d with no miles on it. So not sure whether someone had pulled out of a deal, but it seemed like a good option! The only thing it says on the contract though is that I can come out no questions asked if I want to take an RS4. So worst case, if we can’t get a decent price agreed on the RS4 they know full well I can sit tight in the S5.

I’ll let you all know more once the figures are agreed

P.s. yes he’s a good salesman and we know full well once I see it and drive it I’m basically balls deep.. but I will remain strong and hold out for the right deal!

They are the beautiful words of Kenny Powers.. from the comedy genius ‘Eastbound and Down’

I basically pitched it to him saying I’d take something decent out of stock and do a deal that day, providing it was cheap as chips and then I’d come back for an RS4 if we get the price right, so basically he’s selling two cars. sure enough, he came back 5 mins later saying his boss ‘loves a double deal’ and we had a look what was in stock and found the S5 SB spec’d with no miles on it. So not sure whether someone had pulled out of a deal, but it seemed like a good option! The only thing it says on the contract though is that I can come out no questions asked if I want to take an RS4. So worst case, if we can’t get a decent price agreed on the RS4 they know full well I can sit tight in the S5.

I’ll let you all know more once the figures are agreed

Spot on. Cheers bud. In everybody's best interests to get you into that RS4. Still say Nogaro should be standard or basic option

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Addict