RS4 Injectors for stage 3- Old vs new Revision

S3 W

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking to replace injectors for a new set was curious to whether anyone has installed the new revision RS4 injectors. Are they a direct fit for the AUDI S3 8P facelift apart from the plug/connector. Existing RS4 injectors are maxing out at 360bhp to a setup that's supposed to be on 400+bhp after serving only 15k miles hence the replacement.

2007/2008 RS4 injectors - 079 906 036 D (most commonly used).

New Revision b8+ RS4 injectors - 079 906 036 N (better spray pattern) use to be 079 906 036 T.

This is the only info online for them I've found:

"This injector can be used as an upgrade on the EA113 2.0T motor if you're running BIG power! These ones don't blow black smoke like the older version of the "RS4" injector, which has the same connector as the EA113 2.0T. These injectors have a different plug/connector"

Hi all

Looking to replace injectors for a new set was curious to whether anyone has installed the new revision RS4 injectors. Are they a direct fit for the AUDI S3 8P facelift apart from the plug/connector. Existing RS4 injectors are maxing out at 360bhp to a setup that's supposed to be on 400+bhp after serving only 15k miles hence the replacement.

2007/2008 RS4 injectors - 079 906 036 D (most commonly used).

New Revision b8+ RS4 injectors - 079 906 036 N (better spray pattern) use to be 079 906 036 T.

This is the only info online for them I've found:

"This injector can be used as an upgrade on the EA113 2.0T motor if you're running BIG power! These ones don't blow black smoke like the older version of the "RS4" injector, which has the same connector as the EA113 2.0T. These injectors have a different plug/connector"
For 400 Bhp I would run the rs3 8v injectors with the aks head mod.

That's what I'm running on my tte420 and so do most people at this stage.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: samuelh_888
For 400 Bhp I would run the rs3 8v injectors with the aks head mod.

That's what I'm running on my tte420 and so do most people at this stage.

Hi, you're the second member to vouch for the RS3 8V injectors, could you please clarify the "AKS head mod" is referring to the plugs & wiring that come with the kit from AKS needed to adapt for the 2.0T ?

Also, Did you have any issues with the HDEV 1 vs HDEV 5 ? read on couple other forums that any new generation injectors use a different "driver profile" known as HDEV 5 that request more amps than what our HDEV 1 driver profile use. Wasnt sure what they were referring to but assume you just plug & play with the AKS wiring harness.

Hi, you're the second member to vouch for the RS3 8V injectors, could you please clarify the "AKS head mod" is referring to the plugs & wiring that come with the kit from AKS needed to adapt for the 2.0T ?

Also, Did you have any issues with the HDEV 1 vs HDEV 5 ? read on couple other forums that any new generation injectors use a different "driver profile" known as HDEV 5 that request more amps than what our HDEV 1 driver profile use. Wasnt sure what they were referring to but assume you just plug & play with the AKS wiring harness.

Aks head mod is something you need to get done extra. I think they charged me around £120 to do it and fit the rs3 injectors.

I dont have a clue about the hdev1 and 5

I dont think u can run your car on them I was given a base map so I could drive my car to the mappers

Aks head mod is something you need to get done extra. I think they charged me around £120 to do it and fit the rs3 injectors.

I dont have a clue about the hdev1 and 5

I dont think u can run your car on them I was given a base map so I could drive my car to the mappers

Thanks, RS3 8V injectors definitely seem to be the right way to go about things if you're doing a stage 3 setup as they have multiple benefits over the RS4 ones such as better spray pattern, don't run as rich & generally smoother ,unfortunately, my car is already mapped for the old RS4 ones which I can source for about £350 for the set so should be a swap old & install new only job.

Sorry for the array of questions, wanted to ask if you needed to upgrade the stock Low-pressure fuel pump (LPFP) & if you have a better fuel pressure relief valve (PRV) above the 136 bar limit of the RS4 one? as this will be the next step to push 420+ for both of us.

The AKS head modification is to allow the RS3 injector to sit approx 90 degrees clockwise to where the standard investors sit. This improves the spray pattern.
AKS have developed a jig to allow a precise hole to be drilled into the head to match the existing locating hole but in the new position.
They also sell the injectors and produce a high quality aftermarket loom to wire in the RS3 injectors.
I chatted to Nikki Gower at RTech about power over 400 BHP and I think they won’t map your car now unless you have this set up. He also said, if you run these injectors, the RS4 valve is fine.

Thanks, RS3 8V injectors definitely seem to be the right way to go about things if you're doing a stage 3 setup as they have multiple benefits over the RS4 ones such as better spray pattern, don't run as rich & generally smoother ,unfortunately, my car is already mapped for the old RS4 ones which I can source for about £350 for the set so should be a swap old & install new only job.

Sorry for the array of questions, wanted to ask if you needed to upgrade the stock Low-pressure fuel pump (LPFP) & if you have a better fuel pressure relief valve (PRV) above the 136 bar limit of the RS4 one? as this will be the next step to push 420+ for both of us.
Exactly what prt57 has said.
I got the rs3 injectors fitted by aks with the head mod. Replaced the 165 bar fpv with the rs4 one.

Then got it mapped at r tech

Your best option is to either get your map tweaked or going for a complete new map. With the new injectors and fpv

Exactly what prt57 has said.
I got the rs3 injectors fitted by aks with the head mod. Replaced the 165 bar fpv with the rs4 one.

Then got it mapped at r tech

Your best option is to either get your map tweaked or going for a complete new map. With the new injectors and fpv

Hi just curious to why you swapped the 165 bar fpv for the RS4 136 bar?, you don't happen to still have the 165 bar fpv?

Hi just curious to why you swapped the 165 bar fpv for the RS4 136 bar?, you don't happen to still have the 165 bar fpv?

Yes mate I still have it was only used as my old map was mapped in with it and once you run the rs3 injectors you use the rs4 136 one.

Only used for running my engine in after a forge build.

If your interested in buying it please private message me.

Last edited:
Hi all

Are you sure its the injectors ? my stock 85k miles S3 injectors are turning 380 with no problems.

Yes mate I still have it was only used as my old map was mapped in with it and once you run the rs3 injectors you use the rs4 136 one.

Only used for running my engine in after a forge build.

If your interested in buying it please private message me.

Hi will message you if I need it, I would need to ask my mapper first on their input on which PRV with the RS4 injectors. Thanks

Are you sure its the injectors ? my stock 85k miles S3 injectors are turning 380 with no problems.

Hi I'm a little sceptical myself about the injectors myself as they are RS4 injectors & the previous owner had them supplied & installed less than 15k miles ago with an RS4 Prv, although I don't know the injectors history (could be refurbished or second-hand ones?) either way I can't see why they're maxing out at 360 ps, the car is mapped to 400 on the TTE420 set up. Went to get car pushed to 420bhp to find out I'm actually maxing out my injectors & only running 360bhp. Was told to replace injectors & prv & return. Several people recommended the RS3 8V ones but that would require a completely new map etc, so I'm just gonna buy some new RS4 ones & put them as the car is already set up for them.

By the sounds of it you need a new map anyway - if you’re only pulling 360 on a 400 tune how do you know it’s set up correct in the first place. A lot of the recommendations made to you have been for the RS3 injectors. Don’t you think that’s the way to go and get your map tweaked?

Reactions: paddy
I probably should change mine, dont know whether i need to upgrade as the stock ones seem to have done their job but i suppose nothing lost, I hate changing things for the sake of it because its nearly always a chain reaction with other parts down the line.
Expensive times ahead as timing belt and water pump are due. I also keep hitting the rev limiter in first before it can change now as it winds up so quick so an APR dsg map is still on the cards but at £600 i can't help thinking its a rip off but then it is tailored to suit their 2+ map so less likely to conflict with anything..

I probably should change mine, dont know whether i need to upgrade as the stock ones seem to have done their job but i suppose nothing lost, I hate changing things for the sake of it because its nearly always a chain reaction with other parts down the line.
Expensive times ahead as timing belt and water pump are due. I also keep hitting the rev limiter in first before it can change now as it winds up so quick so an APR dsg map is still on the cards but at £600 i can't help thinking its a rip off but then it is tailored to suit their 2+ map so less likely to conflict with anything..

No need to upgrade the injectors at APR 2+