RS4 grill b8.5 help

ruairi83

Reaction score
I purchased a B8.5 RS4 black on black grill from xenonz UK ebay.

The parking sensor holes are on top left corner and top right corner of the number plate holder.

From checking online and where they are located on my own car.

They should be on left middle and right middle of number plate holder not on top.

Can anyone help as today is last day to send grill back if not happy.

ANyone got the RS4 grill with parking sensors on b8.5 that could show me a picture installed?

Thanks in advance.

Oh this seller is imho an arrogant ****, don't get me started on him, all about the sale & nothing about the CS, also the sensors were too recessed as they detected the plate & grill parts as an obstacle, so I had to modify the grill & bond the sensors in so they were flush fitted, the fixings were absolutely shxt & binned them.

Last edited:
Picture one grill I bought

Pic two grill from polish seller

Oh this seller is imho an arrogant ****, don't get me started on him, all about the sale & nothing about the CS, also the sensors were too recessed as they detected the pplate & grill parts as an obstacle, so I had to modify the grill & bond the sensors in so they were flush fitted, the fixings were absolutely shxt & binned them.

Thanks mate that's what he said
To move them but I didn't buy it to mod the grill and move.
I bought to fit straight on.
Have requested to return. Will see what response is.

Location isn't to much of the issue tbh, you just have to make sure the sensors protrude enough to not be affected by the surroundings, the polish image is better positioned tbh as you can see the sensors are sitting right on top of the plate holder, so you'll have to test it to make sure its not affected..

I find it really unprofessional for the seller not to test the items he's selling so he knows they're not a problem for the buyer as fitting these grills isn't a 5minite job, so fitting only to find the sensors aren't functioning properly really does annoy people immensely.

I have allot of patients in these things given what I do, but even I got fedup with the guy & lack of replies or cs on the issues, I was feeding him back free advice on my time/testing, on how to resolve it, but seems he still hasn't learnt from this.

Best thing I did was bin the fixings & do it my way tbh, hasn't detected anything but genuine obstacles since, it took me a fair while with bumper on/off multiple times but all good now.

Location isn't to much of the issue tbh, you just have to make sure the sensors protrude enough to not be affected by the surroundings, the polish image is better positioned tbh as you can see the sensors are sitting right on top of the plate holder, so you'll have to test it to make sure its not affected..
The top image is of the grill I have with sensors on top of the plate holder...

Bottom one is of polish seller... Are you saying the top picture has sensors better located?