RS4 Fuel Valve?

M

mjr901

just wondering whether it's something worth doing for stage 2+? does it make a big difference? I've got everything I need for this stage but I've known people to run these uprated fuel valves aswell.

Do people run others like R8 ones etc? or do I just stick to the original or indeed use the RS4 valve?

Does this make the car use more fuel?

Chris

I cant see it using less tbh so if it aids power i should think, yep, more fuel. but is it worth it.... guess ill just do it anyway!

Reactions: grainqey
it holds fuel pressure up, a worth upgrade for that money.
i'm doing mine as soon as i get time..

Definately do it. Doesn't make a massive difference but gets rid of the known power dip at 5k rpm.

Has anyone got a guide to fit this? Looks like a right ***** of a job?

Just done some more research on this and 99% of people say its an **** of a job. best to let the garage do it for an hours labour.

backdraft have done quite a few apparently.

the part itself looks well easy just to screw in.

i think it's access where people struggle.

people have to bend spanners etc to do it, some even take off the manifold!

Has anyone got a pic of a rs4 valve next to a standard s3 one ?

You won't be able to see the difference from memory. It's just the size of the nozzle on the inside. Bank on an hours labour to fit for someone that knows what they are doing.

IMG_0341.jpg

they look identical its the cracking pressure thats different i think its something like 130 bar for standard and 136 bar for the RS4 one.

IMG_0339.jpg

I bent some spanners to save taking the manifold off

would a long socket get to it if you put the 90 degree angle piece you get in these halfords advanced sets?

Hi guys a bent spanner is the best way in ,ohh err misses..this is how statllers done mine..:)

Reactions: grainqey
Next will be....- HPFPupgrade Stage 2 kit (155bar hpfp + 155bar return valve). 10 times better than APR HPFP

IMG_0341.jpg

they look identical its the cracking pressure thats different i think its something like 130 bar for standard and 136 bar for the RS4 one.

IMG_0339.jpg

I bent some spanners to save taking the manifold off

You wanna lend them out mate? :)

Is this more for an uprated S3 or will a remapped 2.0 TFSI benefit?

Quite likely that until you get to 360ish bhp that it will make little difference but the best way is to log fuel rail pressures and see if there are any significant dips which would make the RS4 regulator worthwhile.

I called APR to see if I require a rs4 valve for stage 2+ and they said it's not a requirement so I asked would there be any advantage of fitting one and he couldn't really give me answer so I can't understand if it not a requirement the map must run on standard fuel pressure my only concern would there be any points along the map where it would run lean as it couldn't cope with the fuel required. Is it worth doing to be on the safe side? And if I need to take the manifold off to reach it I may vary well do the rfd while I'm there before it goes into mapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running APR stage 2+ and I asked the same question. This is the reply from Al Brown of Awesome.

It isn’t required as such, and won’t give any additional power, however one of the reasons we recommend it is because it allows a bit more headroom on the low pressure side of the fuelling system, which means there’s extra there if it needs it. Almost as a safeguard.

So I had Awesome fit it to my car and they quoted one hours labour. Fit and forget in my view.
R-Tech recommend it but their maps seem to produce higher torque figures than APR.

It is not a job for the novice mechanic. I have done spannering for many years now but was worried about getting everything tight enough, especially with the fuel under high pressure. Special crows foot spanners needed if you do it with the manifold still in place.

Reactions: Ben2487 and nluk100
I am running APR stage 2+ and I asked the same question. This is the reply from Al Brown of Awesome.

It isn’t required as such, and won’t give any additional power, however one of the reasons we recommend it is because it allows a bit more headroom on the low pressure side of the fuelling system, which means there’s extra there if it needs it. Almost as a safeguard.

So I had Awesome fit it to my car and they quoted one hours labour. Fit and forget in my view.
R-Tech recommend it but their maps seem to produce higher torque figures than APR.

It is not a job for the novice mechanic. I have done spannering for many years now but was worried about getting everything tight enough, especially with the fuel under high pressure. Special crows foot spanners needed if you do it with the manifold still in place.

Exactly what I wanted to know thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk