RS4 fuel pressure valve fitting

Marshy

Settled in
Reaction score
Rather than clog up other people's threads with this I thought I'd create a new one.
I fiitted a RS4 fuel pressure valve to my S3 Revo stage 2+ today, I used a how to from another forum which was pretty much spot on and made the job much easier than I expected.
It took me 1.5 hours but dependant on your ability and tools may take 2 hours or so.
I was unsure whether I'd notice any difference fitting this valve as I didn't have any issues before, yes there is an improvement with this fitted in that the car is more progressive now.
Before when pushing on the boost would come in but after 4000 rpm would come in very hard and aggressive. Now the boost still pulls as hard if not harder but is a constant pull from start to finish.
That's the best way I can think how to describe it.
As for fitting I only had a 14mm crows foot and couldn't find my 17mm!! But I managed.
My valve didn't spin out with my fingers once slackened so I used long nose pliers to turn it until removed.
The hardest part was trying to enter the new valve back in with limited access, I managed one hand from the top and the other from underneath.
Definitely a DIY with no bent scanners required.
Here's the "how to" I used and hopefully it will help others
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5961705-RS4-Fuel-Pressure-Valve-(FPV

Reactions: Hookmonster, Mario8P, s3_trev and 1 other person
Going to have a read through now mate! Great right up!!!!!!!

Part number please?

I took the DV and pipe to throttle body out to help access, also loosened off all the fuel pipe clamps. Got mine done with normal spanners eventually. Used a 16 mm on the 14mm from the front until fully located then 14mm to tighten from the top. Have also heard that you can use a bit of hose to fit over the valve and get it screwed in from the front, I tried that but the hose was bent and couldn't get it started.

Thanks, I am looking at getting on it this week as I am off..... Digging the regal site so easy to spend hey lol!

But might be quicker and easier to grab at local tps along with o ring and Pump follower

Might be a silly question ... But can you only add the hpfp and the rs4 fpv when your getting stage 2 map on the day ? Or can it be done at home for example a few days before it mapped ?

Yea for example .. I'm going stage 2+ but can I fit my hpfp and rs4 fpv the day before its mapped to save me £££ ? Will the car run okay with the hpfp and rs4 fpv on a stage 1 Map ?

It's not mapped in tho or dont that matter ? I'm buying one as soon as the group buy is sorted. But would want to fit it before my stage 2+ map.

You can add all of the hardware required for Stg2+ including the return valve and HPFP before you get it mapped.

Plenty of people have done this and had the map done weeks later.

If you go this route then you may get a warning light re the CAT which gets mapped out permanently with the Stg2+ software

Reactions: s3_trev and Keane
That's good then :) saves you the cost of your map if your mechanically minded !!

Id not expect a difference on a mostly standard car unless you were having fueling issues. There is no way it'll affect the boost unless you have been running it in adaptions due to poorly matching hardware/software. All that will happen is the ecu will drop the fueling request to match the new set up thus cancelling your mod out till its mapped to require the fuel

I don't disagree that it's unlikely to give any benefits at all until the map is added.

However think @Keane wanted to fit the hardware himself before then going for a map thus saving himself labour and thus wanted to know whether it was cause any issues without the map which would be added say a week later

Reactions: Keane
I drove my car around for a few weeks on a standard map with all supporting 2+ mods, as well as the RS4 valve, only thing that happened was an engine light due to the 200 cel cat.

Reactions: s3_trev, Keane and AndyParker
Totally unrelated ... Kinda but will having a 3" milltek downpipe and sports cat fitted to a standard backbox make much / any difference at stage 2+??

I didn't think it was restrictive, are you running stage 2+ already ?