RS4 Front Grill Opinion

stav8124

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a black S-line Audi A4 B8 (will post a pic soon) and want it to look more meaner like some of the Audi's on here and want to add RS4 mods to it.

I would like to change the front grill from S-line to RS4 but don't know which colour to get.

Could you please let me know which one you prefer. These are my options.

Black surround, black grill
Chrome surround, black grill
Chrome surround, chrome grill
Matt silver surround, black grill

You feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a black S-line Audi A4 B8 (will post a pic soon) and want it to look more meaner like some of the Audi's on here and want to add RS4 mods to it.

I would like to change the front grill from S-line to RS4 but don't know which colour to get.

Could you please let me know which one you prefer. These are my options.

Black surround, black grill
Chrome surround, black grill
Chrome surround, chrome grill
Matt silver surround, black grill

You feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

You mean brushed chrome isn't that matt silver?

I have a RS4 grill which I ordered a while back now but haven't had the chance to get it, it is the black surround and black grill but to be honest I like the black edition grill I have on my car as it keeps it looking smart and subtle :/ I will fit at some point just not yet lol

Reactions: RS5 JON
It's got to be all black, IMO. :kissmyrings:

JG

Reactions: barkliejm, ruairi83, SI-W85 and 1 other person
Nice colour car and grille choice but I really think it needs the audi rings mate, just my opinion though :)

No longer have the car, but did put the Audi rings on it soon after I took the above picture, black gloss ones.
JG

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I have a RS4 grill which I ordered a while back now but haven't had the chance to get it, it is the black surround and black grill but to be honest I like the black edition grill I have on my car as it keeps it looking smart and subtle :/ I will fit at some point just not yet lol
do you want to sell me yours ?

I haven't even picked it up yet lol but I want to keep it for when I'm ready to put it on :/

I will hopefully this afternoon, with brushed chrome surround.

Here you go
DSC 0381

Reactions: Bulldog, RS5 JON and stav8124
In Sprint Blue..... Chrome surround.

Reactions: RS5 JON, stav8124 and SI-W85
Does the brushed chrome look much different to the chrome on the rest of the car ?

Well it's not as shiny being brushed but as mine is not a black edition if I'd gone for a black surround I would have had to de-chrome the rest of the car. I am happy with the look.

Reactions: Bulldog
That's why I don't want to go with the black on mine but I don't want it to look to different from the rest of the car

This is the next item on my very long list!lol

I like the back on black but keeping the chrome rings, looks sweet.
I thinks what i will go for when fund allow

If you have chrome trim on doors etc then I'd go for chrome surround and black grill and if not go for all black with chrome rings

Good luck

Black on Black gloss with silver rings, but I am Bias :p
16483387536_729111bd87.jpg

16507660381_8288f5839a.jpg

I did try black rings and did not like it but just for reference incase it is your kettle of fish:
16465728006_3a38ec6893.jpg

Or alternatively you could wrap you existing grille which I had before done before the RS and I did quite like it:
16305653057_76e7e55a4e.jpg

Reactions: Chop.
Black on Black gloss with silver rings, but I am Bias :p
16483387536_729111bd87.jpg

16507660381_8288f5839a.jpg

I did try black rings and did not like it but just for reference incase it is your kettle of fish:
16465728006_3a38ec6893.jpg

Or alternatively you could wrap you existing grille which I had before done before the RS and I did quite like it:
16305653057_76e7e55a4e.jpg

how did you wrap/paint the lower splitter bar? please

easy? or pita?
I want red but the missus disagrees. she wants it chrome
Easy as long as you have used wrap before, make sure it is heated/bonded on well so no water gets under it with time. Mines been on over a year and not any different to the day it went on. Mines tropical pink :p

Any colour should go with black but you might find the chrome fog light rings look out of place after, then you end up wrapping them too and then the bug is caught... (I used satin black wrap on the rings which blends well)

Manda, would you mind describing how you made your removable plate holder? .. Looks good! :icon thumright:

Manda, would you mind describing how you made your removable plate holder? .. Looks good! :icon thumright:

I cut the clips off the bottom of the plate down but left enough to wrap some packaging foam around (slightly bigger than the honey combs), so this wedges between the holes when fitted making it sturdy, then trimmed the centre clips/wedges so it doesn't fix in place permanently when put on, and the top clips I left so it hooks over the honey combs.
So to put it on i click the top clips in, then push the bottom in and it makes click and can pull all you like it isnt coming off.. then to remove I push the whole plate upwards to unlick and pull away

Best description I can give tbh, I have a picture early on in my build thread of the back of the plate, the scratches should give you an idea of where I hacked with the kitchen knife

Reactions: Point_Audi
I used Plastidip on my fog lamp surrounds, been on for about four months and looks ok, if you don't like it just peel it off :)
DSC 0380

Super Manda, thank you! :)

I think I have made my mind up, I am going to be completing this! :)

I think im going the same route with the black on black grille with the chrome rings. its what make its an audi for me so has to stay chrome.
still unsure about the bottom bar and the fog rings. so many dictions :think: :think::think::jump::jump::jump:
also want to mount my number plate nearer the bottom of the grille.
anyone done this, got pics?