RS4 FBSW retrofit coding help.

Its really wound me up Alex, it was a lot of cash to be honest only for it to be less than the item i was assured i was getting.
The wheel itself is rather nice, feels nice and smooth, very light to use , just a shame it was missing parts and didnt have the correct bits.
Its fitted but none of the buttons work, i wasn't really expecting them all to work but at least the volume would have been nice.
The air bag is older than the wheel but does appear to be fine, the airbag loom is wrong and has no means connecting the steering wheel control buttons to the steering module, the wheel has the plug but the loom does not have the fly lead to plug into it.
I have used the loom from my mfsw for now as it does have the lead but i suspect the cable pinout's are different.
I ran vcds this evening and no error showing at all , tried recoding it with learning but no change as yet.

It is a shame really as its spoilt what was going to be a nice upgrade, at least the the recaro's project has turned out well, very well indeedy.

rob

The “+ -“ on the RS4 wheel aren’t volume they are for scrolling throw options in DIS, “Set” cycles through different menus in DIS and “S” is sports mode.

Thanks for that chap, very handy to know, so is there no direct audio control from the steering wheel then.

As far as I’m aware no, only volume control is on the RNS-E. But I’m only 3 weeks into RS4 ownership, so if someone wants to educate me to the contrary I’d be more than happy to be proved wrong

Although the rs4 wheel is very nice indeed, i think if i were in the market for a new wheel, id go for the A3 8p Fbsw. Thst way you get full functionality of your normal mfsw and the looks of a flat bottom. Its also a little more low key.

To be honest I do like the rs4 wheel so it was the preferred choice over others, not every ones choice but then i'm not keen on a lot of the other audi one's its that personal choice thing again.
Functionality wise , I have an aftermarket head unit so no oem BT etc etc, I only need volume and track search with no need for any other buttons.
if I can get just though few functions then that's fine.
Sometimes you just need to go with the flow....I do most of the time:yes::icon thumright:

To be honest I do like the rs4 wheel so it was the preferred choice over others, not every ones choice but then i'm not keen on a lot of the other audi one's its that personal choice thing again.
Functionality wise , I have an aftermarket head unit so no oem BT etc etc, I only need volume and track search with no need for any other buttons.
if I can get just though few functions then that's fine.
Sometimes you just need to go with the flow....I do most of the time:yes::icon thumright:

Out of curiosity, what does the rs4 buttons support? I agree with you regarding functionality with your Hu, i didn't realise it was aftermarket.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Out of curiosity, what does the rs4 buttons support? I agree with you regarding functionality with your Hu, i didn't realise it was aftermarket.

See my post at top of page for what the RS4 buttons do