Rs4 Euro FBSW reconfiguration, is this possible?

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So another year on and i'm still pondering on how to get my RS4 FBSW to work in my B7 in more than just DIS function mode.
Ok so the "S" button is never going to be functional , would be nice if it could be used in conjuction with a switchable ECU map , but probably never going to work in that way, so maybe if i could the multifunction part of it to do something head unit orientated it would be nice.
Not been to fussed over the last year but part of me say's it would be nice.

So any input chaps on what or if it can be done.

Int3 2

Tbh bud I did say before, sell on for a newer style wheel from the A4, 8t, 8k range with adaptions & you'll get a great experience.

I understand what you're saying Nigel but i really like this one, is it a non starter then.

Hacking the linbus signals requires something like cangate etc, he stopped development on this on another forum bud, my advice remains, sell on & go for the same one I use, it's chunky & works great with head unit.

Reactions: DieselJake
Ok thanks Nigel , i do recal the article about the canbus hence why i was still thinking it was doable ,i'll put my thinking cap on then for a replacement.
:icon thumright:

It just seems like more headache than it's worth Rob. I'd def go another FBSW. I'm only selling my leather one as I've a suede one incoming.

Def worth thinking about if you've already the round airbag :thumbs up:

Is your centre armrest not Leather Rob?

And where are your Alloy pedals?

Arm rest is original fitment in black valcona leather, just the pic makes it look dull.
OEM pedal at the moment, i have rs4 covers in a box, fitted them ages ago then took them off again.