RS4 body conversion update

No. That's the thing. I saw a picture of it in Motorsport News because he won at Castle Combe recently. I've done a search but can't find anything on the net but have had it confirmed that it started as an A4 quattro saloon and has had the RS4 parts grafted on.

John

Those wheels really set it off! Looks fantastic! Good luck with the rest of the conversion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

gettin there, when are you hoping to get it in to paint. and what sort of wheels are you thinking? its going to look sweet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
surely the top of the rear doors is different though?
suppose you could just use the outer skin on the salon door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi doors are 2 main parts the lower door and the window frames which just bolt in with 4 bolts.

If you look at earlier pics the frames are not in and the new pics have the frames.

Are you going to keep the car in the same colour?

Not sure, I'm after another silver but can't make my mind up but suggestion would be good.

I quite like the colour on the new Ford vans

[ QUOTE ]
Dam,

And I thought I would be the first in the UK, oh well.

Any pic's or links?

[/ QUOTE ]

David,
Have found out a bit more about the other RS4 saloon. Seems yours may still be the first one!
Keith Murray's car does not use the RS4 rear wings but has had the arches extended separately - they are a custom jobbie.
Take a look at the link below. (You have to be signed in)

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=49058

John

will some one copy the pic/ pics and post up on here, i cant login to rs4246. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

And another update.

Bumper turned up Wedsday (all £450 worth) and its a nice bit of kit with fitting.

RS4+16.JPG

RS4+18.JPG

RS4+19.JPG

Doc

looking good- but why did you decide against modifying the oem rear rs4 bumper to fit?

Seems a bit strange that the rear bumper has vents on each side the same as the front. I thought the vents were on the front to provide extra air to the twin intercoolers on the RS4. Looking forward to seeing the finished article though.

this motor is going to look the bizz, what are you going to do with the exhaust box as the original looks a bit short?
cant wait for the next set of pics...keep them coming

Well there's no pic's this week after my body shop guy made a mix-up on how urgent I needed the car done and thought I was not taking my car to Austria.

So what I did was finish off the rear bumper buy putting expandable foam in the back to give it some substance and solid fill, and it worked great.

What I did do but will not be able to test it for another 3weeks or so was have my car chipped in the GB that was going on.

The chip is an Upsolute chip with a guarantee of 211bhp but have been know (Tested by MTM) to produce up to 220bhp.

This is only a temporary measure till I can get me a G28RS kit and gubbins.

Anyway the chip only cost me £270 which I regard as cheap compared to others and I was surprised that more of you did not take it up.

whats happening this week with the car?

David is away in Austria at the moment visiting a VW/Audi show. He was hoping to take the RS4 saloon, as mentioned above, but as with many things they take a lot longer than expected.

I am sure he'll update this post as soon as he get's back and starts on the car again.

John

Well I'm back from my 2500-mile round trip to Austria (taking in Italy for a spot of lunch one-day) where I went to this big VAG show and guess what the painter still not painted my car, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I think he's going to get on to it next week but who knows, anyway I will be posting up a whole heep of pic's of VW, Audi's and Seats soon once I transfer them from my laptop and find a host to host them on.

[ QUOTE ]
how big and what sort of number of pics. i have webspace you can use depending on the above

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to sort them all out and scale them down so I will get back on the above but thanks.

Here she is everyone, I'm still putting here back together and she's got to go back for a couple of things but I think she looks gerat.

Wheels will be swaped out soon and I'm already wanting another set before I have put the new ones on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Cant seem to workout how to move the pic's from my AS gallery to here so heres the link. Gallery

I'm now an exspert at stripping doors down and rebuilding them plus a number of other things.

Bloddy winscreen wipper packed in and I need another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif so could not do the MOT and will also miss out on my VIC test too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

What colour did you decide on?

Actually, got in quick there before any wise cracks, what type of silver did you go for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Looking very good!! Well done.

See your standard wheels, if you are not going to use them and fancy seling the centres give me a shout please.

Cheers.

Looking good Mate. Funny how the doors seem to go back differently each time (or is that just me...?)

Greg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif get some better pics!!

The colour in the pic next to the mr2 looks very nice indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif. The rear will need to grow on me.

But very nice job!!

The colour is Merc Silver which I have been told is one code but different shades very simular to the Audi but without that slight hint of blue.

I will take some more pic's at a later date but for now I will be putting it the car back together.

1.8+R4.JPG

DSC01082.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
What wheels are you going for Dave?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the wheels that are awaiting for me to pick up (replacments for the on the 2.8)

RC.jpg

They are BBS RC rims but I already want something with a larger dish.

thats beautiful looks so much better than the bolt on kits available

[ QUOTE ]
Cool. What offset have you ordered them in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't quite remember but its not A4 but not quite RS4 if I remember right so a small spacer may be needed. the car will be my every day car but I will be using a scooter to get to and from work till I pass my bike test but I would want a set of show/track rim's hence why I want another set.

Cool! I should imagine they need to a very low offset to sit properly.

RIch

Looks good Dave, should look even better when it's got the rims on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very nice! Just rims, lowering, and grilles. I think deeper rim would look good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks guys it been a pain doing all this and taken up most of my weekend since X-Mass getting this done, and I still have loads to go before its ready for day to day use.

****** Insurance wants an Engineers report before they will insure me, whatever next.