B8 RS4 B8 or S4 Avant B9?

Thundercliffe81

Reaction score
Afternoon all.

Couldn't find a thread on this so interested in your thoughts.

I followed the build and hype of the S4 B9 in order to replace my S4 B8.5 this year. The reviews, whilst showing it as a very capable and luxurious car (especially under steer and balance issues), all tended to say it just didn't have that spark. No soul. Like the supercharged B8...

So, I'm looking at finding a great deal on the amazing RS4. A car I always wanted. But, given my deposit and financials, it's probably going to be about the same with all the offers and low APR Audi throw at new cars. The tech and interior are flawless. I've driven the 3.0 Tdi as a courtesy car and it was very well balanced. Obviously, zero soul though!

So what are your thoughts? Would you ever feel a bit daft for going the RS4 B8 route? Given its the same 0-62 and great tech? Just curious!

Rob.

I was in the market for a B8.5 S4. I struggled to find the spec, colour etc. I wanted and then my dealer got in a perfect RS4. I tried it and bought it within 20 minutes. It is a totally different experience to the S4 and really looks the part. I read the same on the B9 as you that is not as fun as the B8.

You won't suffer depreciation as bad on a B8 RS4 over a B9 S4 either

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was in the market for a B8.5 S4. I struggled to find the spec, colour etc. I wanted and then my dealer got in a perfect RS4. I tried it and bought it within 20 minutes. It is a totally different experience to the S4 and really looks the part. I read the same on the B9 as you that is not as fun as the B8.

You won't suffer depreciation as bad on a B8 RS4 over a B9 S4 either

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the response Deano.

Yeah, it's a weird one. The B9 is shiny and laden with future proof tech. Not to mention the new chassis. It really is quite sorted. I've driven an RS4 before. Minus sport pack though. And it just...'feels' special. Very similar place to be as my S4 but the buttons, the carbon atlas trim, perforated wheel etc. The little touches. Just feels worthy of truly looking after. That's where the depreciation comes in. You're very right there.

It's going to be a weekend and leave car. And, is the new S4 Avant worthy of that? I just dont know. Bells and whistles and all that. Thanks for your insight. You going to go B9 RS4 when it arrives or wait a while for a good used one? First 2 years are bad for depreciation then it really levels off.

R