RS4 B7 - Brake Fade?

RobBentley

Reaction score
Website
www.jrtuning.co.uk
Hi All.

Are the RS4 B7's known for excessive brake fade? I find it really hard to believe it would... but I am getting much worse brake fade than my stock R36 (which had 2 pot callipers and smaller discs).

Within 5-10 minutes of driving enthusiastically mine fall off the edge of the planet. I know its not the fluid, its running upgraded Motul fluid that exceeds Super Dot 4. This took some extreme punishment in my Passat R36 without any problems.

The previous owner may well have put in cheapie pads... but there is nothing written on the back of the pads in there, so I have no way of telling :(

Cheers,

Did you do the fluid change or was it the previous owner? IS there definately no air in the system? Would it be wortha rebleed? Thought there was a part number on the pads, anything in the history to confirm when they where changed?

Could add the Phateon air ducts, they'll help cool the front discs more, speak to Unit 20.

Mystery solved..

There was defo no air in the system, and the fluid was changed for Motul fluid that exceeds Super Dot 4 standard by a long margin. I used to use this in my Passat R36 and it is fantastic.

Called the place that changed the pads for me, before I bought it, and they've fitted 'APEC Sports pads'. I can only assume these are not up to the job, as the discs and fluid are new yet the brakes fade really badly and you can smell the pads burning.

I've ordered genuine Audi pads all round, should be here Monday... I'm expecting that to solve my problem :)

Yep sounds like you're probably on the right lines. Hope the new pads sort the issues out :thumbsup:

would have been a good opportunity to put in some uprated pads, especially at the price Audi charge for stock!

I have EBC yellows in mine and they are great. not dirty, run very well from cold despite what people say, no squeal and will detach your retina if you use them too hard!

I've just stuck Genuine in. I can get parts at trade (and discounted trade at that) pricing through a friends accident repair garage, so it wasn't too painful.