"RS4 B5 style" 18" wheels for S3 8L

Roadtrain

Audi S3 8L 225 "BAM" from Italy :)
Reaction score
Hi to everyone,

I am trying to find out a manufacturer that produces the copies of "RS4 B5 style" 18" wheels (I do not remember the precise name...) for the S3 8L, because it is the only way to update Italians documents with the Audi tires' original measure 225/40 R18 (because European law allows this).

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Last edited:
These ones (I do not know their Audi name):

before3.jpg

They are generally referred to as RS TT wheels and are 18x8 ET33 5x100 in OEM trim

The TT part is because they were fairly standard fitment to the TT range

There are plenty of copies on ebay but are multifit (5x100 and 5x120) and normally ET35

Search for Audi TT 9 spoke wheel

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Roadtrain
Thank you very much for your gently reply.

Overall, I need to find out copies of "Audi TT 9 spoke" those are produced according to EU Law (Regulation No. 124-00, linked below) or those will not useful to update car documents with 225/40 R18 tires' measure unfortunately:

https://www.interregs.com/catalogue...n-no-124-00/wheels-passenger-cars/]Regulation

Do you know any brand that produce those rims according to EU law?

In addition, I do not know the weight and speed indexes (I think "92Y", but I am not sure).

Thank you again.

Last edited:
That would be my best choice albeit no sense Audi Italy's rules: they do not concede "without reservation" paper (that is the paramount certificate that allows to update car documents by Italian DVLA) without you buy new genuine rims, despite they may are not more producing them nowadays and their hypothetical huge cost. This is the no sense Italian situation, so I am trying to find out a manufacturer that produces copies of the same rims and according to EU law, or I will not able to use them as well. I live for cars litterally, but my country is the worst place for them sure (not because this only).

I doubt you will get a TUV type copy wheel tbh.. not of the older 9 spoke wheels at least...

Most of the copies are fairly cheap and nasty tbh

The sentence circled...
Screenshot 2019 07 27 at 190631

As RS TT wheels were a factory option does this still prevent you buying secondhand?

I don't profess to fully understand the legislation here but to be clear... your car has 17" Avus wheels as standard... and the only way you can get 18's for 225/40/18 tyres is to buy brand new 'EU approved' wheels (like TUV in Germany)?

<tuffty/>

Unfortunately, we have no TÜV here, that is in Germany, thus in Italy is really much more complicated for this reason: we have not any dedicated authority that is in charge to do these stuffs. Indeed, all car manufacturer do what they would like to do definetly.

Moreover, I agreed with you on rims copies nasty quality, but I am forced to find them if any official Italian Audi's dealer will would like to concede "without reservation" certificate to me.

Further, about the sentence circled, a new rim that looks like as the original version of it is not a replacement of the latter automatically because it must have the same characteristics, but that any copies have - as you know better than me sure - so they are completely different rims according to EU law's provisions. However, they must respect ECE 124's rules, so they have to show the all possible applications car by car and model by model, that is the hardest thing because we are writing about a car that is near 20 years old, so I think that is quite rare that any wheels manufacturer may produced any product for it, in particular with the only specific design that I am looking for (RS TT 9 spoke).

Furthermore, I completely concur with "wheels were a factory option" point, that is the very reason with I am trying to support what I affirm: a car has different wheels/tyres measures on its documents just because its first owner did not choose a factory option despite what the first owner of another identical car did, unless the actual owner of the first car buy new rims and unless them are produced yet nowadays... This is no sense, but still being the situation here.

PS:

Is "225/40R18 92Y" the complete 18" tyre measure?

Thank you again.

Last edited: