RS4 ARB not possible

Gravelcar

Reaction score
So I found out today that you cannot fit an RS4 ARB to a 2wd A4 due to suspension geometry.

However, Audi do an Ultra Sport RARB for 2WD A4's which is the same 22mm diameter and fits the suspension.

Nevertheless, the effect sounds just the same......transforms the cornering ability which was good anyway.

Brembos, Contis, K&N & Stage 1 working in perfect harmony!!!!

Like Jake says, there are dozens of people who have fitted RS4 RARB to a 2WD A4. I did on my old B6.

Still, if you have found a different solution and you're happy with it, happy days.

Thanks....It's interesting to feel each mod you have done make a difference. The recent brake upgrade for instance was a revelation....I do have some red caliper covers which I'm undecided whether to fit, although she is in Brilliant Red so they could match perfectly.

Any views?

Thanks....It's interesting to feel each mod you have done make a difference. The recent brake upgrade for instance was a revelation....I do have some red caliper covers which I'm undecided whether to fit, although she is in Brilliant Red so they could match perfectly.

Any views?

I'm with you on the anti roll and the brembo's, both made a massive difference. Things got even better with the coil overs. Not sure about caliper covers to be honest....
Do you have any pics? I like to see other red B7's 😃

I'm with you on the anti roll and the brembo's, both made a massive difference. Things got even better with the coil overs. Not sure about caliper covers to be honest....
Do you have any pics? I like to see other red B7's 😃

That's why I haven't taken the plunge and fitted them yet, still not sure....don't have any pics to hand, let me give her a scrub today and I'll post some....now the sun's coming, I don't think there's a better colour personally!

That's why I haven't taken the plunge and fitted them yet, still not sure....don't have any pics to hand, let me give her a scrub today and I'll post some....now the sun's coming, I don't think there's a better colour personally!

Yeah I'm a red fan. They look mint in the sun with some high definition wax on. Is yours solid red or misano red pearl? You can really see the pearl in the sun, looks unreal.

Yeah I'm a red fan. They look mint in the sun with some high definition wax on. Is yours solid red or misano red pearl? You can really see the pearl in the sun, looks unreal.
It's Briilant Red so solid. I know she'd been professionally Autoglym'd before I got her a couple of years ago but she could do with another treatment. The main issue I have is with the chrome around the windows having dulled....any tips for getting this back shining again?

It's Briilant Red so solid. I know she'd been professionally Autoglym'd before I got her a couple of years ago but she could do with another treatment. The main issue I have is with the chrome around the windows having dulled....any tips for getting this back shining again?

Not chrome Mate....it's polished aluminium....don't use chrome polish or it will get even worse....there's quite a few threads on semi fixes....wrapping them seems to be the most preferred method on here.

BR
A

its not polished ally
its a kinda plastic coating over the shiney crap

Thanks guys....more research needed - not top of my list. I did try a chrome polish previously and although it didn't make it worse, it didn't make it any better either!

Want to sort it before next year when selling.

B8 S4 Avant beckons!

Apologies Bez.....sorry I was thinking about the roofrails not the window trim.....I think the roof rails are polished ali.....er I think

its not polished ally
its a kinda plastic coating over the shiney crap

if you want it sorting to how it should be its new all round
not the best job to do

a quick wipe with WD40 makesit look better

no idea
lad that told me is a car dealer and to make them nice on the forcourt this is what he uses

Do you have any pics? I like to see other red B7's ������
As requested byCraig - here you go:

Maybe we should start a 'Red Thread'!??! Could become a sticky!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 95
That's more like it! Looks well that mate! Nice choice of wheel 😜

Thanks.....Yeah - I specifically didn't want the standard 5 spoke S-Line ones.

She's got full spec inc NAV, B2th, Cruise, 6 disc changer etc - only thing missing is AMI - am investigating that now - figure that will be a strong selling point when I do get rid of her. Sort of love her guttural growl now the K&N is fitted!

only thing missing is AMI - am investigating that now
AMI is an easy retrofit BUT has a prerequisite of the nav being a 2010+ version as AMI won't work with a pre-2010 RNS-E.

Several of us have done the 2010+ RNS-E plus AMI retrofit, so have a look on here and you'll find the information (take a look in the stickies at the top of the RS4 Forum).

AMI is an easy retrofit BUT has a prerequisite of the nav being a 2010+ version as AMI won't work with a pre-2010 RNS-E.

Several of us have done the 2010+ RNS-E plus AMI retrofit, so have a look on here and you'll find the information (take a look in the stickies at the top of the RS4 Forum).

I've not bothered with stuff like that for the fact that my car will have it removed in no time, especially in Leeds lol! Although I would like it, I'd rather put the cash under the bonnet, but that's just me :)

Thanks Dave......maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. It may not be AMI but just the MP3/AUX interface? My sister's got something in the glovebox on her 06 Touran. That was really all I was thinking.

Thanks Dave......maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. It may not be AMI but just the MP3/AUX interface? My sister's got something in the glovebox on her 06 Touran. That was really all I was thinking.
With the standard RNS-E you can fit the Audi iPod interface in place of the glovebox CD changer - but that's pretty naff as you don't get any album or track info and it makes your iPod appear as 6 virtual CDs (the first 5 playlists as CDs 1..5 plus the entire music as CD6).