RS4 Alloys Cheap on Eba

Orangio

Reaction score
Hello people,

I've been looking out for some RS4 19's for a while and have stumbled accross some reps on ebay.

Now these seem a bit too cheap to me - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

And another link to another set (same seller but under a different name) - eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I contacted the seller as i live in the same town and have arranged to see them when im on my lunch today.

Can anyone advise if i should be cautious of cheap alloys?

Cheers!

I have had a few sets of replica wheels in the past, never had any issues.

From experience and what I've been told by several dealers the cheaper replicas are usually cheaper because the metal alloy used to make them is not as durable. Which 95% of the time, if you're careful with your wheels you won't notice, but if you hit a pot-hole with reps they're supposed to be more prone to dents/buckling.

I had a set of reps on an old 3-series and went over a pot hole and didn't think I hit it too hard... buckled the wheel though (minor but annoying at the wrong speed)... Never been able to find out what constitutes a 'durable' replical wheel though?

Some original alloys would also buckle if you hit a pot hole. Rep wheels are a lot heavier than originals too. If they look in good shape go for it.

Just picked them up, they look like really good copies

CANT WAIT TO GET TYRES AND GET THEM ON MY CAR!!! :)

1 thing I just thought about...

Are replica alloys ok with acidic alloy wheel cleaner ie the type the turkish car washes use?

I wouldn't. Why not clean them up and put a coat of sealant on them before you get tyres.

You worry too much, you've just purchased a brand new set of alloys and your worrying about them corroding, get your tires fitted and get them on your car already so we can see them :)

Reactions: viceroy
You worry too much, you've just purchased a brand new set of alloys and your worrying about them corroding, get your tires fitted and get them on your car already so we can see them :)

LOL

Im picking them up from garage in the next few hours.

I'd put some pictures up but im on my works laptop - I can get on near enough any websites but cant get on any picture/video hosting websites :(

I'll get on my laptop on the weekend and post some then :)

On another note -

Is it me or is the standard suspension on the a4 s line absolutely pants? I had an Astra before this which I lowered and the ride quality was much more comfortable than my Audi.

I've read a few people saying lowering actually makes the ride better than standard?

Depends on how you lower it.
Just changing springs is not ideal and ride quality is dependant on spring rates/quality etc.
Better to change springs and get matching shocks, but again, you get what you pay for.
Next best would be springs and damper adjustable shocks where you could setup the ride to a reasonable level.

Looks good without the plate, you should deffinately do the RS6 grill mod you won't be disappointed, it's a shame those headlights aren't the black ones or else I'd have offered to buy them off you, what are the daylights like on yours ie are they bright or dim?

Yeah Im deffo gonna do the rs6 mod - Is that what you've done on yours? I cant really tell from your avatar picture.

They are bright, not quite as bright as OEM DRL's but they are bright enough - I've not got any pictures of them so i'll get out when I get back from holiday at end of this month and ill take some pictures to show you.

I may even keep them still - possibly cover the headlights in lamin-x :)

Looking good those, sometimes simple works best!

I have a set of the older RS4's I was going to use before I changed my mind

Also, Did you just buy the mesh off ebay or did you actually get a rs6 grill and butcher it?

I've noticed there's mesh on ebay pretty cheap

P.S. will that RS6 grill fit on my 2005 audi?

thanks