RS3...

NeuSkoolA3

Reaction score
Website
www.edition38.com
Loads of people are talking about this on loads of different forums.

Saying that:
-Audi should make one..
-Audi is making one...
-Audi plans to make one...
-Audi have made one and my mum's, brothers, mates, sisters, boyfriend is working on the prototype
-Yada yada yada ******

So does anyone know what is going on exactly?

Well now that you mention it my mum's, brothers, mates, sisters, boyfriends gay lover is working on the prototype......... screw which holds the rear bumper on.

Does that help??

NeuSkool,

Are you talking about an RS3 based on the current shape/platform?

If so I very much doubt Audi would produce one for the following reasons:-

1) VW would probably put a stop to it, because their baby, the R32, is now "top of the tree" i.e. faster, better drive than the S3, if you believe the car mags anyway.

2) An RS3 on the current shape would have to be at least 250bhp, but that sort of power would not warrant the RS badge IMO, so it would have to be 280-300bhp to see off the R32 and other rivals. IMO there's no way Audi would produce that because guess what...it would **** all over Audi's baby, the TT V6, and probably take sales from it. Remember how the S3 had to have less bhp than the TT initially.

Thats my theory anyway, hope I'm proved wrong though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AL

I also doubt also there would be a current model RS3, as the last orders for an S3 is next month and the new model A3s are avaliable from Sept onwards. There just ain't the time!

Chris.

why would they build a current model RS3 when they have confirmed the details of the new shape one due in 2004/5?

I believe sportimport won't take orders for the current S3 after March /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

the new RS3 sounds superb - 350bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Well now that you mention it my mum's, brothers, mates, sisters, boyfriends gay lover is working on the prototype......... screw which holds the rear bumper on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you really? ... Well that is a turn up for the books!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ChrisT said:
I also doubt also there would be a current model RS3, as the last orders for an S3 is next month and the new model A3s are avaliable from Sept onwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I did figure they would use the new "Seat looking" A3 model to base it on...

The question was "will they be making one or not". General opinion on other forums is that they are.

Will just have to wait and see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm sure they are making on after all want else will they call the Audi with that engine in it?
Bring it on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NeuSkoolA3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you really? ... Well that is a turn up for the books!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

You so funny, I kill you last!

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

[/ QUOTE ]
You better be big... Other wise you'll have plently of trouble killing me...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NeuSkoolA3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

[/ QUOTE ]
You better be big... Other wise you'll have plently of trouble killing me...

[/ QUOTE ]

That must mean I'd have to be big and ugly to compete with you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
That must mean I'd have to be big and ugly to compete with you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Firstly, you would have to be on my level to compete with me. [I haven't advanced to "monkey boy" status, and I don't think I ever will ... but if I do, I'll give you a call]

Secondly, the only thing you would have to be is big... Or good at praying.

Thirdly, I'm sure you are pretty ugly all the same without any help from me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif