RS3

Lastkill21

Reaction score
Hey all

Been a long time since I posted, was waiting on the release of the rs3. So I've had my s4 for 2 years now (time flys Mr hound) and it's time to change. I've been over to audi today and spec'd one up. All in all it came to £52000. How many people have put a order in yet ? Also I have a question, what kind of deposit would you put in I was looking at £20-25000 and would hope the car holds value to get some money back out at the end.

Hope your all well

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Hey all

Been a long time since I posted, was waiting on the release of the rs3. So I've had my s4 for 2 years now (time flys Mr hound) and it's time to change. I've been over to audi today and spec'd one up. All in all it came to £52000. How many people have put a order in yet ? Also I have a question, what kind of deposit would you put in I was looking at £20-25000 and would hope the car holds value to get some money back out at the end.

Hope your all well

That is an monumental deposit, I'm guessing you're going for hire purchase?

I'm not too sure how to do it i could do with some advise, would hire purchase be a better option than pcp or do I do a lower deposit and go pcp

I'm not too sure how to do it i could do with some advise, would hire purchase be a better option than pcp or do I do a lower deposit and go pcp

Either way will work, but HP will work out cheaper overall.

You will pay less per month on a PCP, but pay more in interest and have the last final payment (GFV), or if you go with HP, you pay more per month, but much less interest and have no final payment.

With such a large deposit I would be suggesting a third option, going for a much better rate off a personal loan. Essentially a HP but much cheaper....! Loans over £20k are difficult though, so would work if you could either get the cost down, or put more in. Obviously the former is a better way of doing it :)

I'm in a lucky position where I could pay the car outright just 52k is a good chunk of money I hate having a dilemma

And when I say lucky not really, much prefere my dad around still!!

Reactions: Evotion, FBF01 and Terminator x
And thanks for the advise ill look into hp

Reactions: DrEskimo
Sorry to hear of your circumstances mate :(

Happy to help. Basically you want the cheapest way to borrow money. ATM thats through a personal loan as the interest rates are so low. You can typically get around 4% from the banks, where in contrast a HP from Audi will be stupid amounts, around 16%. A PCP will be a much lower APR of around 6%, but because you are essentially only paying off the interest, the capital on the loan (the final payment) never decreases. As such, you pay interest on a large amount over the full term.

So HP ideal, but has large APR, so best bet is bank loan, which while you are more restricted in how much you can borrow, will be really cheap. Of course loan amount and monthly payments do a play a role. But even over 4yrs, a personal loan of £20k will still only cost you £1.6k @ 3.9% APR. A far cry from the amount you would spend on an equivalent PCP agreement, where its likely to be closer to £5k...!

Reactions: Evotion and Lastkill21
I can say I normally pay my cars outright even though I could finance them at 1.4% interest through my mortgage, dunno why really it is just easier to pay outright I guess. Over here that is also the cheapest option unless we count some really good lease deals they do sometimes (never on better spec or bigger engine cars).

already on the French configurateur..............not a cheap small German car!
70k euro all day long thanks to the tax on the emissions.
Ceramic brakes only 5350 euro.

Last edited:
already on the French configurateur..............not a cheap small German car!

Yeah I was on the configurator while they were still adding it (saw the Sportback had opened up and the Sedan had not, 2 minutes later the Sedan was open). £61k for my spec on the page.

Hey all

Hope your all well
@Lastkill21 - Hi mate. Good to hear from you again

Sorry to hear about your Dad

Hows the S4 going ? Any recent pic's ?
RS3 eh ? Very nice indeedy !

@Bristle Hound Thanks mate it was a huge shock still have some rough days.

The s4 has been great not skipped a beat I don't think I have any recent pics I'm afraid. How's yous getting on ?

I've always wanted the rs3 and I had a c43 amg last week and really liked it but felt not finished so I think I'll stick with audi :)

Yeah I was on the configurator while they were still adding it (saw the Sportback had opened up and the Sedan had not, 2 minutes later the Sedan was open). £61k for my spec on the page.
£61k?!?! What DIDN'T you spec?

I hope you mean Euros!!

I hope you mean Euros!!

Nope, I mean pounds :p. Cars are cheap in the UK compared to most of Europe. My friends in the Netherlands have it even worse than we in Sweden. I mean my S3 had a £51k price tag when new.