RS3 Weight - Quick Check

Leo-RS

Reaction score
Found out from the US forums that the sticker inside your handbook that has the vehicle description, option codes etc also has the measured weight as it left the factory printed in the bottom left.

As an example here’s mine...

E4F9BF48 4599 43AA 9093 2C27936A7D31

The 1548 figure. This includes the 75kg driver ballast so the real figure is 1473kg for my particular car (TTRS) - Audi tells me it’s kerb weight is 1440kg so I’m coming in 33kg overweight which is probably to do with B&O, 20” wheels etc.

Interesting anyway.

RS3 wise...

Saloon should be 1515kg book. (1590kg inc 75kg driver)
Sportback should be 1510kg book (1585kg inc 75kg driver)

Would be interesting to hear what weights your stickers show and what options you have selected. Pano roof vs no Pano, CCB’s vs Steels, Mag ride vs no mag ride etc.

Reactions: jungle650, jimojameso and monopole
There’s a sticker in the boot also.

There is indeed. In the TTRS its under all the styrofoam though so a quicker check is the sticker in the handbook. Can't remember exactly where the sticker is in the RS3 and whether its clearly visible or tucked underneath all the styrofoam too.

Both stickers are the same though.

Where are you based Slowracer? Australia?

1675kg would be 1600kg without the 75kg driver ballast which going by Audi UK's quoted kerb weight puts you at 85kg overweight (1600-1515) but this can be explained by heavier standard fit equipment. (Pano roof, additional airbags, 2nd cats etc)

85kg is some serious additional weight, comparable to have a decent sized passenger in the car and would definitely not help with performance.

FYI - My TTRS is coming in at 1551kg (1476kg without driver).

Audi told me the Pano added around 35kg to the kerb weight of the RS3 saloon (Need to dig through my emails for exact figure). The Pano is standard fit in some countries. There's different laws regarding rear airbags and other safety equipment (Assistance systems) then there's some markets that have no 2nd cats and some that do. Add in bigger wheels, B&O, Mag Ride and all the fancy assistance systems etc then +85kg could easily be done through options (Considering Pano will make up a good chunk of that)

Yes I’m Australia. The car has 19” wheels and from what I understand the Aus cars don’t have secondary cats. It has all,the assistance gadgets and premium B&O sound with rattly sub.

So yes it’s a porker!

Does the figure include a tank of fuel?

Yes I’m Australia. The car has 19” wheels and from what I understand the Aus cars don’t have secondary cats. It has all,the assistance gadgets and premium B&O sound with rattly sub.

So yes it’s a porker!

Does the figure include a tank of fuel?

Little bit of a minefield

https://www.motoring.com.au/vehicle-weights-whats-the-difference-109425/

DIN kerb weight is measured in a similar way to the Australian definition, although the fuel level is required to be 90 per cent of the tank’s capacity. DIN is a German organisation (Deutsches Institut für Normung) which defines standards for measurement.

EU kerb weight is easily calculated from the DIN weight. Quite simply, EU kerb weight is always 75kg more than DIN. The European Union adds this 75kg ballast to account for a driver and a small amount of luggage

I suspect its 90% fuel yes. (DIN) and then the EU weight is +75kg.

The figure on your sticker will likely be the DIN+EU.

However, in the US, their cars (stickers) are just showing the DIN value and not the +75kg driver ballast.

Anyone checked their individual weights yet? Would be interesting to see a car with Pano and one without.

Hmm, strange one. Maybe on the other sticker in the boot or there are some cars/batches that didn’t have the weights recorded.

Same here no weight on the Boot sticker either.

I reckon it’s a USA / other foreign territory thing.

Reactions: Leo-RS
You may well be right T-800, although myself and Doc have the weights marked in the TTRS’s for the U.K. market.

Perhaps the RS3 U.K. cars didn’t get measured then.

Oh well, thread over :D

Do they always assume 75kg for a driver. Or could a proper fat *** have driven @Powerenhancer car on to the weigh bridge?!

It’s an EU directive Doc, 75kg ballast weight.

Reactions: D0C
I think they use a 75kg ballast. Driver isn't in the car.

Reactions: Leo-RS
I take it you have quite a few heavy options then, mag ride, Comfort? (B&O amp, speakers, reversing cam, wider wheels and tyres?)

Would be interesting to find someone with the Pano roof to see the difference.

For info, the same has been posted on the US forums

https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...s-exact-weight-Find-out-now-in-under-a-minute!

Their weights do not include the 75kg ballast. Different markets. So all the figures you see over there, add 75kg to them to compare.

They are all pretty much heavier than yours Powerenhancer but they do have Pano as standard spec over there.

The guy that lists 1675kg is from Australia and does have the 75kg included. It’s only the US market that does not have the 75kg ballasts added.

I take it you have quite a few heavy options then, mag ride, Comfort? (B&O amp, speakers, reversing cam, wider wheels and tyres?)

Would be interesting to find someone with the Pano roof to see the difference.

Yes to all of those. No pano, fortunately. I didn't want it for exactly that reason. Had it on my RS6 but never used it. Waste of excess weight.

Yes to all of those. No pano, fortunately. I didn't want it for exactly that reason. Had it on my RS6 but never used it. Waste of excess weight.

You sound like me mate, exactly the same haha.

Even at 1580kg weight in your saloon, it’s a good weight for the size of the car. Compare that against other saloons and it’s still lightweight.

1515kg that Audi quote must have been a no optioned car on carbon ceramics haha

You sound like me mate, exactly the same haha.

Even at 1580kg weight in your saloon, it’s a good weight for the size of the car. Compare that against other saloons and it’s still lightweight.

1515kg that Audi quote must have been a no optioned car on carbon ceramics haha

Yep, pleased with it. Is the 1515 dry weight?

Yep, pleased with it. Is the 1515 dry weight?

No, this is 90% fuel load. Dry weight would be much lighter with no fuel, coolant, engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil, screenwash and refrigerant fluid.

Interesting that some UK owners have it and others don't.

I was one of the guys from Australia in that thread who has 1675kg.

I have the pano roof, and every single option except ceramic brakes. Looks like its about 20kg for the roof?

I'm the one who started the thread about this on the other forum. Nice to see another group of RS3 and TTRS enthusiasts.

Reactions: D0C
I'm the one who started the thread about this on the other forum. Nice to see another group of RS3 and TTRS enthusiasts.
Which other forum do you use?

Weight Audi is claiming is car with 75kg driver, 7kg of luggage , 90% tank of fuel. I scaled my car, withut me and 50% fuel 1535kg sportback no pan roof

Audizine

Do you have the front ceramic brakes? Do you still have the tool kit etc in the boot? Do you have any modifications?
Stock brakes, b&o, matrix , s seats, ,navi, VR, tire repair kit , all 4 tires 235/35/19

Curious about RS3 weights guys: what’s the weight of the stock bonnet/hood? RS3 8V Saloon 2018

Wondering if a carbon fibre hood instead would be considerably lighter than the stock steel one to reduce weight over front wheels and improve mpg or handling at same time?

Curious about RS3 weights guys: what’s the weight of the stock bonnet/hood? RS3 8V Saloon 2018

Wondering if a carbon fibre hood instead would be considerably lighter than the stock steel one to reduce weight over front wheels and improve mpg or handling at same time?

On an already aluminium bonnet ?