RS3 video...

its the new special edition s5 video and that the s5 engine your hearing , Does sound lovely though ......

Ive seen this video on here and someone on pootube has chopped it and labelled it rs3 the nerds......typical nerds

LOL wrong blazin... that's 5 cylinders you can hear... not 8.
Sounds great and hopefully means we'll hear more details soon.

soz guys im wrong......sound like darth vader flying past ....lol

How can you tell how many cylinders it has. Wish I could tell the difference, not that I know what a 5 cylinder and 8 cylinder sounds like lol

Go to you tube and search:

RS4 - V8
TT-RS - 5 cyliners
Lambo Gallardo - v10
Merc C63AMG - v8

Then compare them to the clip in this thread

You'll soon start to pick out the different sound tones.
Geeky, but something you just learnto hear I guess!

def 5 cylinder, and sounds great...mmmm...and miltek tbe :drool:
wouldn't be surprised if it's going to have premiere on the next Geneva Motor Show :whistle2:

How can you tell how many cylinders it has. Wish I could tell the difference, not that I know what a 5 cylinder and 8 cylinder sounds like lol

The engine tone is very similar to the Ford Focus ST, if you know what that sounds like you will be able to clearly hear the similarity in engine tone..I have no doubt that this video is the real deal and that we will see the RS3 make its debut very very soon!

I haven't listened to the video as I'm at work with no speakers. But the S5 will be getting a 6 cylinder engine as in the S4 and S5 Cab. So that could be an S5 running the 6 cylinder engine?

But yes 5 cylinder noise is usually quite noticeable and certainly quite different from others.

I haven't listened to the video as I'm at work with no speakers. But the S5 will be getting a 6 cylinder engine as in the S4 and S5 Cab. So that could be an S5 running the 6 cylinder engine?

But yes 5 cylinder noise is usually quite noticeable and certainly quite different from others.

Think this is defo a five cylinder engine, and watching the video it is the A3 that is getting thrashed and making all the noise.You can actually hear the V8 in the S5 as it exits the bend and climbs the hill , it sounds totally different.

Mark

Think this is defo a five cylinder engine, and watching the video it is the A3 that is getting thrashed and making all the noise.You can actually hear the V8 in the S5 as it exits the bend and climbs the hill , it sounds totally different.

Mark

Yep - that's exactly how I heard it to Mark :D

Hate to **** on the bonfire, but I have a feeling that A3 is just an S3 as it is a sportback, would Audi make a RS3 S/B I'm not so sure. Hope I'm wrong !!

Mark

All RS cars have come out in Avant form first - why not the RS3?
In fact the RS2 and first gen RS4 were Avant only ;)
RS tradition maybe?

That definately doesnt sound like an S3's 4 pot so it must be something else....it can only be the TT-RS engine, anyone got a clip of the TT-RS engine for comparison?

All RS cars have come out in Avant form first - why not the RS3?
In fact the RS2 and first gen RS4 were Avant only ;)
RS tradition maybe?

Maybe, but saloons have been introduced before the Avants in more recent years. The more I watch the video and hear the noise the more i think it's just an S3 with V8 noise in the background. Hope I am wrong ????
Maybe I just don't want to get myself to excited, rang my dealer this afternoon to book myself a slot in case they do introduce one, my regular salesman says nothing has yet been released with regards an RS3.

Mark

I just contacted my dealer and have asked them to slap my name on the list should this car arrive...can't fooking wait!

You may find there are a few of us on the list already. I've had a £500 deposit down since 2005 and I'm third on the list at my dealers.