RS3 UK Pricing and Specifications

I don’t know why I did it, but I did… I watched Archie Hamilton’s video of him speccing up his car on the German configurator. He actually seems like a nice enough lad but boy does he wind me right up!
No actual knowledge of cars. “Mythios black”.
Will look forward to his video where he confirms what he has ordered… i.e. nothing he wants is actually available!

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I am surprised he hasn't done a follow up video complaining about not being able to order what he wants (unless he has - but I don't follow or look for his videos)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Just double checked and whoever said it was right, they've completely yanked the Phone Box Light on the new RS3 due to supply issues.

Not sure that's cool on a 60k car not having wireless charging but having Wireless Car Play?

Thing is it will probably resolve soon and then a few months down the line you'll have cars coming with the phone box again.

Reactions: Spinstorm, RS03???, NevMan and 1 other person
I don’t know why I did it, but I did… I watched Archie Hamilton’s video of him speccing up his car on the German configurator. He actually seems like a nice enough lad but boy does he wind me right up!
Will look forward to his video where he confirms what he has ordered… i.e. nothing he wants is actually available!
I used to enjoy his videos but I really can't stand him any more. It's the same old **** different car. I wrapped my RS3, I put an exhaust on my RS3, my RS3 is up for sale!

Reactions: Terminator x, PeteRS3lee, D0C and 4 others

Haha, so did I, Mythios Black…hilarious. And as if it is a new “black” or in his case purple

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I used to enjoy his videos but I really can't stand him any more. It's the same old **** different car. I wrapped my RS3, I put an exhaust on my RS3, my RS3 is up for sale!

Agree, still he has nothing on TGE tho

Reactions: D0C
Just double checked and whoever said it was right, they've completely yanked the Phone Box Light on the new RS3 due to supply issues.

Not sure that's cool on a 60k car not having wireless charging but having Wireless Car Play?

Thing is it will probably resolve soon and then a few months down the line you'll have cars coming with the phone box again.
Useful feature, wireless car play. May be the wireless charger is inadequate to keep up, so removed.

But then if you’re cabled in why suffer the slight lag of using wireless car play?

Whole point of both being wireless is you just throw it in the tray and be done with it.

Bit miffed at that to be honest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and RS03???
But then if you’re cabled in why suffer the slight lag of using wireless car play?

Whole point of both being wireless is you just throw it in the tray and be done with it.

Bit miffed at that to be honest!

My BMW had wireless CarPlay which was brilliant as always connected. But I didn’t have wireless charging and to be honest nice to have but would rather have wireless CarPlay if I HAD to choose.

Good luck - be nice if they give you even a gesture.
TBH the sportback carbon spoiler looks like it is literally stuck onto the original spoiler.
I'm sure some Boy Racer would buy it off you and put it on their Corsa :tearsofjoy:
The sales guy who I deal with got back to me today with a gesture of a £1000 off for my trouble with the seat .
My reply was make it £1500 off so i'am waiting again they can only say no .

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, PeteRS3lee and 2 others
My BMW had wireless CarPlay which was brilliant as always connected. But I didn’t have wireless charging and to be honest nice to have but would rather have wireless CarPlay if I HAD to choose.
I had a phone box on my RS5 which was great except to use Apple CarPlay the phone had to be plugged into USB so was pretty pointless. You could use BT but not for CarPlay.
I was hoping to get a phone box AND wireless CarPlay this time but its not looking likely.

Reactions: NevMan
I am surprised he hasn't done a follow up video complaining about not being able to order what he wants (unless he has - but I don't follow or look for his videos)

I just burnt my computer and phone

He’s next
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
Do I really use wireless charging on my current RS3? No. However it isn’t in as convenient a location as on the 8Y.
And yes if you have to plug the phone in to use wireless Android Auto (better than CarPlay) or Apple CarPlay then what is the point of the wireless feature?

I do think that this might not be so hard to install after the fact as an add on? @DJAlix retrofit the wireless charging to an 8Y without it?

Do I really use wireless charging on my current RS3? No. However it isn’t in as convenient a location as on the 8Y.
And yes if you have to plug the phone in to use wireless Android Auto (better than CarPlay) or Apple CarPlay then what is the point of the wireless feature?

I do think that this might not be so hard to install after the fact as an add on? @DJAlix retrofit the wireless charging to an 8Y without it?
For want of a better description…. A “proper” retrofitter will be ordering parts from VW group, who at the moment cannot seem to get parts for their own orders let alone anyone else’s lol

can it be done? Yes. Anything can be done if you have the time and the budget.

Reactions: Jcbmally, RS03???, Frizzley and 2 others
For want of a better description…. A “proper” retrofitter will be ordering parts from VW group, who at the moment cannot seem to get parts for their own orders let alone anyone else’s lol

can it be done? Yes. Anything can be done if you have the time and the budget.

If I order all the parts online will ye build me my 8Y RS3.
Saves Audi screwing it up and I’ll get it sooner.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, RS03???, PeteRS3lee and 2 others
If I order all the parts online will ye build me my 8Y RS3.
Saves Audi screwing it up and I’ll get it sooner.

Sure. I will need to take a deposit for all the blue tack and gaffer tape tho.

edit: actually you can order most of the interior parts from Hyundai. It’s all the same scratchy plastic :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, RS03???, NevMan and 1 other person
The sales guy who I deal with got back to me today with a gesture of a £1000 off for my trouble with the seat .
My reply was make it £1500 off so i'am waiting again they can only say no .
I’d say £1k is a meaningful gesture, if you can eek that out to £1.5k all the better.
As you say, if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR and Mr Freeze
Lease anyone?

ebd1c668a59262e15e19d9001bccc7b1.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
im sure all this config will extend when chip will be back , but know one know when maybe 2023

This will be for the boggo basic car. Leasing can be good, but one of the problems of it is that they typically divide full cost of the options by the number of months. For example, £5k of options would add over £200 per month on a 24 month lease.

This will be for the boggo basic car. Leasing can be good, but one of the problems of it is that they typically divide full cost of the options by the number of months. For example, £5k of options would add over £200 per month on a 24 month lease.

Definitely. Better to go for a “spec” on lease, but also personally wouldn’t think best option on an RS, as no chance of any equity which they often have, but suppose can make it more “affordable” at times

Horrible shouty videos, avoid at all costs.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY, 3vans, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
I’ve had my deposit refunded back into my account today. Will just have to wait. Will give me a chance to see (and hear!) a few cars in the flesh and who knows, they might make a few more options available.

• Sad
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, 3vans and 1 other person
(carwow vid) so can someone confirm the RS etron GT v E63s is in Kemora again - really does not look good in that colour if it is lol - put me off completely.

I’ve had my deposit refunded back into my account today. Will just have to wait. Will give me a chance to see (and hear!) a few cars in the flesh and who knows, they might make a few more options available.
I think they will @D0C as it was that way with the PFL too. As an aside remember the cars used to launch the PFL all had slim carbon buckets ... those ******* never even arrived!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: D0C, NevMan and 8YARWY
(carwow vid) so can someone confirm the RS etron GT v E63s is in Kemora again - really does not look good in that colour if it is lol - put me off completely.
Yep Kemora grey
B0A89789 9D6A 40F9 8111 28DA2B259685
CF985F78 3AF6 4368 9C9B E98CD04735EB

Smart move

Reactions: D0C and NevMan
In regards my complaint to the Audi CEO I have received an email from the customer team in Germany telling me that this is best dealt with by Audi U.K. and they will be in touch.

And then 20 minutes later I had an email from Audi U.K. saying that they will look into it.

It will be interesting to see what they say.

In regards my complaint to the Audi CEO I have received an email from the customer team in Germany telling me that this is best dealt with by Audi U.K. and they will be in touch.

And then 20 minutes later I had an email from Audi U.K. saying that they will look into it.

It will be interesting to see what they say.
May be suggest they have a peek at this forum, on the level of general dis-satisfaction and confusion being generated.

Lots of unhappy people here in the comments

Reply to my complaint:

When implementing new designs, Audi AG look to see what options have been most popular among customers for the UK market and then remove the less popular items. There was a lack of demand for the options you have listed in the UK market therefore they were removed as an option. I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

——-

I suggest everyone here emails Audi and complains. I mean the interior design pack! Come on.

Reactions: RS03??? and 5pot