RS3 UK Pricing and Specifications

Only with the RS Dynamic pack which isn’t available on the consumer build website yet for the Vorsprung models but they’re working on adding it apparently!

Btw it’s only front ceramics, rear are still disc !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been told the same the first adopters always get shafted
I was told that when i bought my rs3 saloon in July 2017 and got it on Oct 30th 2017, one of the first private saloon cars in the UK. I still got just under 10%.

As far as I’m aware Vorsprung does not have RS Dynamic Pack,

What I’m trying to figure out is are we literally paying 5k for front carbon brakes only and 6mph more top speed, or is there extra settings on the suspension and/or is the exhaust a “better” version with more adjustability/settings/flaps.

If the suspension and exhaust are identical, I’m not paying 5k for front ceramic brakes and 6mph more top speed.

From what I've seen, you normally pay £4-6k for ceramics on most RS models so...

oh hang on, so you dont get cermaics with the vorsprung....i specced it and I am sure it stated cermaics, earlier now it doesnt.hhmmmmmmm

Reactions: NevMan
The configurator is all over the place. Just want to know what you get and what is going to be missing? There are no more options available and how do you get rid of the round steering wheel? how is the round wheel better than the flat bottom?

to try and make this easy----ish

Want Matrix = Carbon Black or Vorsprung only

Want Sports Exhaust = Standard + Dynamic Pack(5k), Carbon Black & Vorsprung is standard

Want Adaptive Suspension = Standard + Dynamic Pack(5k), Carbon Black + Dynamic Pack(5k), Vorsprung is standard

Want Ceramics = Standard + Dynamic Pack(5k), Carbon Black + Dynamic Pack(5k), Vorsprung no option

Want FBSW = Standard & Carbon Black only

Want all the tech goodies = Vorsprung only

Want Pano = Vorsprung only

Saloon has no Exclusive Paint with the Carbon Black

No Mythos Black paint with Carbon Black

that should cover it :tearsofjoy:

edit
Want the black wheels = Carbon black only

Want the graphic wheels = Vorsprung only

Standard car only has the silver trim and wheels, no further options

further edit

Want Design Pack or red calipers? = you have 2 hopes and one of them used to play golf :laughing:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stratts, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
to try and make this easy----ish

Want Matrix = Carbon Black or Vorsprung only

Want Sports Exhaust = Standard + Dynamic Pack(5k), Carbon Black & Vorsprung is standard

Want Adaptive Suspension = Standard + Dynamic Pack(5k), Carbon Black + Dynamic Pack(5k), Vorsprung is standard

Want Ceramics = Standard + Dynamic Pack(5k), Carbon Black + Dynamic Pack(5k), Vorsprung no option

Want FBSW = Standard & Carbon Black only

Want all the tech goodies = Vorsprung only

Want Pano = Vorsprung only

Saloon has no Exclusive Paint with the Carbon Black

that should cover it :tearsofjoy:

edit
Want the black wheels = Carbon black only

Want the graphic wheels = Vorsprung only

Standard car only has the silver trim and wheels, no further options

Wow, you should get a job with Audi UK….wait, sorry, overqualified

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, RS03??? and 2 others
Wow, you should get a job with Audi UK….wait, sorry, overqualified

Want a car with choices
Let’s Join the EU
Biggest mistake I made right there
Didn’t want an Rs3 of my choosing back then lol
Any chance of a new campaign

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 2 others
Also as already started no wireless charging, no phone box and no audi connect key as well as the interior design packs.

I really want to be able to use my phone to open the car…

Its because the dynamic pack is already included in the vorsprung model. Vorsprung model is a no brainer, comes with everything....its just that round steering wheel is horrible!!!!
Everything but the lovely spoiler which is on the carbon edition.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Also as already started no wireless charging, no phone box and no audi connect key as well as the interior design packs.

I really want to be able to use my phone to open the car…

What a shame, especially as Vorsprung has the kitchen sink of options, but clearly not all

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Apparently talking to a sales person today I gained the following

Vorsprung doesnt have adaptive suspension as std and the clever diff only comes as an extra with the Dynamic pack, which are both incorrect

He did say the Launch cars will come in pairs to centres, one saloon one hatchback, one for showroom and one for demo drives, f**k knows if hes talking sh**e there as well

Reactions: NevMan, Add_Profile and Snake Pliskin
Everything but the lovely spoiler which is on the carbon edition.

that carbon spoiler is stunning isn’t it ;)
Plus the side trim and wing mirrors in carbon don’t forget :icon thumright:

F630AFCE 61A6 4152 9A68 8F0E883CB097

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
On the saloon the spoiler looks alright, personally for me I prefer the Vorsprung spoiler to the Carbon Black spoiler on the Sportback though.

Just waiting to see what this RS Dynamic Pack adds to the Vorsprung in detail so I can make a final decision on it.

They cheaped out on all UK cars as the phone box is the light version with no antenna connection/booster but it can be specified across the EU.

On the saloon the spoiler looks alright, personally for me I prefer the Vorsprung spoiler to the Carbon Black spoiler on the Sportback though.

Just waiting to see what this RS Dynamic Pack adds to the Vorsprung in detail so I can make a final decision on it.

They cheaped out on all UK cars as the phone box is the light version with no antenna connection/booster but it can be specified across the EU.

That carbon spoiler on the sport back really ruins the look of the car for me . Looks great if your an 18 year old boy racer but I'd personally feel a rite T@$T driving round with it stuck on the back at 41 . Like you say the saloon spoiler looks fine and is in keeping with the look of the car

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Can a current RS owner explain how much the vehicle tax will be with it being over the £40,000 limit. I know what my S3 is but not sure how much the RS3 will be. Obviously the first year is included in the price but going forward how much is the tax per year?

Can a current RS owner explain how much the vehicle tax will be with it being over the £40,000 limit. I know what my S3 is but not sure how much the RS3 will be. Obviously the first year is included in the price but going forward how much is the tax per year?
£490 I have been told

It’s in the small print at the bottom if you download a pdf of your config, 140 a year plus 310 extra for being over 40k for the first 5 years so 450 total

There is no phone box in U.K. RS3 models at all. Not on my vorsprung.

Vorsprung definitely has phone box light as standard.

Carbon Black and Standard Cars get it with the Comfort and Sound pack

Again it’s the light version so just wireless charging no antenna boosting.

Vorsprung definitely has phone box light as standard.

Carbon Black and Standard Cars get it with the Comfort and Sound pack

Again it’s the light version so just wireless charging no antenna boosting.

There is no code for phone box at all in the full spec PDF. I am afraid you are wrong unless you can point me to proof but I see none.

Last edited:
Apparently talking to a sales person today I gained the following

Vorsprung doesnt have adaptive suspension as std and the clever diff only comes as an extra with the Dynamic pack, which are both incorrect

He did say the Launch cars will come in pairs to centres, one saloon one hatchback, one for showroom and one for demo drives, f**k knows if hes talking sh**e there as welo

This is such a shitshow. This is my first new Audi order and i can’t believe how poor it is that there is such a disconnect between the press release, the actual specs on the website, and what the sales people tell you. Audi really need to address it urgently and give us clarity.

Reactions: 5pot, johnmv55, NevMan and 2 others
Just sent Audi a shittogram via email, asking for clarity on why the press release, website configurator and dealer feedback are all contradicting each other, and to explain which options are missing from the Vorsprung that appear on the lower models.

My sales man gave me a glimmer of hope that all the bad feedback may ignite a few configurator changes I won’t hold my breath though

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
My sales man gave me a glimmer of hope that all the bad feedback may ignite a few configurator changes I won’t hold my breath though

I’ve also been told to email Audi. But was warned it would take a considerable amount of “feedback” for anything to change. In all likelihood, nothing will happen until the facelift. But still worth letting Audi know that this is unacceptable.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and UncleRick
It’s in the small print at the bottom if you download a pdf of your config, 140 a year plus 310 extra for being over 40k for the first 5 years so 450 total
Audi have even managed to get that wrong as well according to Gov.uk

Years 2-6 £155 VED plus £335 for being over £40k

Reactions: RS3ree and NevMan
I’ve also been told to email Audi. But was warned it would take a considerable amount of “feedback” for anything to change. In all likelihood, nothing will happen until the facelift. But still worth letting Audi know that this is unacceptable.
I think we should all email Audi in hope for some changes in the configurator. Was going to order saloon vorsprung exclusive but can’t live with the steering wheel and not really wanting to retrofit on a 60k plus car.

customer.services@audi.co.uk

Please correct if email address is wrong.

Reactions: UncleRick
that carbon spoiler is stunning isn’t it ;)
Plus the side trim and wing mirrors in carbon don’t forget :icon thumright:

View attachment 241446
I will remind everyone that you can already buy that carbon spoiler for the A3 from Audi for some stupid money. As can you get carbon mirror caps.

Adding Carbon to your RS3 is easy; adding a 360 camera and HUD etc isn't.

I would recommend to everyone to get a Vorsprung and get those carbon bits separate. I am sure your dealer will happily fit them to the car for collection!

Reactions: 3vans, Add_Profile and 5pot
I will remind everyone that you can already buy that carbon spoiler for the A3 from Audi for some stupid money. As can you get carbon mirror caps.

Adding Carbon to your RS3 is easy; adding a 360 camera and HUD etc isn't.

I would recommend to everyone to get a Vorsprung and get those carbon bits separate. I am sure your dealer will happily fit them to the car for collection!

yeah but not everyone wants to ‘mod’ their brand new car, not to mention sort the extra insurance.
Plus I’m not bothered about heads up display, 360 camera, power tailgate etc.
I’ve saved £2k going for the carbon saloon & I’m quite happy not to have some of the extra ‘luxury kit’ in favour of a car which looks the part (inside & out) straight from the Dealer.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Add_Profile
yeah but not everyone wants to ‘mod’ their brand new car, not to mention sort the extra insurance.
Plus I’m not bothered about heads up display, 360 camera, power tailgate etc.
I’ve saved £2k going for the carbon saloon & I’m quite happy not to have some of the extra ‘luxury kit’ in favour of a car which looks the part (inside & out) straight from the Dealer.
And it seems likely you will get carbon before Vorsprung deliveries. But at this stage we just don’t know for sure. It’s all speculation until we get build dates.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Add_Profile
And it seems likely you will get carbon before Vorsprung deliveries. But at this stage we just don’t know for sure. It’s all speculation until we get build dates.

It is possible, but who knows for sure.
If Audi have the carbon bits on stock already then a good chance they may build those first.
The added kit on the vorsprung does add the potential for shortages / delays such as pan roof etc vs the slim line spec of the carbon :)

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Add_Profile
Nope it was 1200 for first year. 490 for 5 years after that.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

It sure is a bitter pill to swallow come tax time @ £490.
My 2016 RS3 was £275 to tax so the jump up to £490 for the A45s was rather unpleasant shall we say.
Just pay it quick and try and forget about it :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
Nope it was 1200 for first year. 490 for 5 years after that.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Yes sorry this is what I meant as the first year is included in the sale of the car . So it is £490 a year after the first year going forward

Last edited:
It sure is a bitter pill to swallow come tax time @ £490.
My 2016 RS3 was £275 to tax so the jump up to £490 for the A45s was rather unpleasant shall we say.
Just pay it quick and try and forget about it :tearsofjoy:
My R8 used to be around £525 at the time against (at the time) £20 for my Golf Diesel, the £525 used to sting a bit and I religiously sorn’d the car for 3 or 4 winter months depending on when the salt went down, that eased the blow a little :)

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin