Rs3 & TTRS brake headache!

S3-Iain

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up again but I need a this clearing up.

I'm planning on putting RS3 brakes on my S3 and Ive been reading up on them and alot of people say the RS3 and TTRS brakes are different and some say there not!

I just need to know will the RS3 brake setup bolt strait into my 2007 S3 or not?

If they will I'm going to buy a set, if not ill have to find some other brakes instead! :(

If you look through the RS3 section and see how much trouble those brakes have been,you may change your mind.

Probably better off upgrading the discs and pads for the S3. Hell of an expense to get rs3 brakes.
Speak to S3Alex m8, if anyone knows what the best discs and pads are for u car, he does.
Just read his thread :)

A decent set on discs for my s3 is like 300 and I can get a set of discs, pads and calipers off a rs3 for just a bit more. Just need to know of they will fit strait on or not

The difference is in the disc rotors, the calipers are the same buts only TTRS rotors will fit on the S3

Reactions: S.
Im planning on ebc ultimax discs all round with yellow stuff pads is thats any good ?

Yeah that's why I've read and then other people said the rs3 discs will fit. Does anybody know what the difference in the discs is?

U would have to have 19" wheels on for rs3/ ttrs calipers and discs id have thought?

The offset of the discs is different in the rs3 ones and don't fit. Simple as. You can still use the callipers but not the discs.

I have TTRS brakes on mine and its streets ahead. Sorry. If you haven't tried them, you really ought to. With a set of anti squeal pads, they are no issue what so ever.

Reactions: S.
I'll get on the hunt for a set of TTRS discs now then, the standard s3 brakes don't cope well when they've been used hard 3 times in a row they just start to fade out which is why I want bigger discs and 4pots. Plus I got a few track days coming up and the s3 brakes won't cope with that!

I'll get on the hunt for a set of TTRS discs now then, the standard s3 brakes don't cope well when they've been used hard 3 times in a row they just start to fade out which is why I want bigger discs and 4pots. Plus I got a few track days coming up and the s3 brakes won't cope with that!

Good move, the standard brakes are useless on track. Only really a probably on the main straights though when trying to slow from 100mph+.

Yeah, every Sunday night this car gets hammered along straits and after 3 or 4 runs I've gotta go and drive round normally to cool the brakes! Don't get me wrong there good brakes when the work but they fade to early for my driving style

as the guys above said. ttrs kit is straight bolt on. you might only need spacers for the wheels. rs3 doesn't fit because disc has a different offset (actually it might fit with some caliper spacers, or different mounts but then it pushes the wheels out more).

s3 brakes don't give enought confidence at stage2+. even with upgraded pads and fluid. on the track they will let you down after only 2-3 laps..

so i've also decided to get ttrs set, got them pretty cheap. they handle stock 340-360bhp, so for the stage2+ s3 they should be perfect. when the time will come i'll upgrade the pads, and maybe discs on them.

james can you pm details of anti squeal solution?

also which brake lines should i get when doing this upgrade? goodridge for mkv r32?

The offset of the discs is different in the rs3 ones and don't fit. Simple as. You can still use the callipers but not the discs.

I have TTRS brakes on mine and its streets ahead. Sorry. If you haven't tried them, you really ought to. With a set of anti squeal pads, they are no issue what so ever.

basically as he said , id just get AP rotors and Ferodo ds2500 pads that should stop the squealing and mind you 350$ for the calipers is pretty cheap with pads and discs you run the costs of 700 pounds i think its a win win .. and no squealing just put on some spacers on 18" wheels and go .. thats what im planning on

Hi.
This is something I am after to. I have upgraded to full S3 brakes front and rear. Been on the track with srage1 without any problems (new Fluide and new pads Ferrodo DS2500 up front and OEM at rear)
After 3days on track all 4 discs were blue/black. Well ****** but no fade!!!

Reason for me now is that I have gone full out and installed the APR K04 turbo kit with all the extra bits.
Going on the last track day weekend this year (next weekend) will be interesting to see how this goes now.

The TTRS kit is a good option witch is becoming cheap and is giving the OEM looks. It is also lighter if not mistaking witch is one of my concerns on the S3 set up.

Does any one have the correct part no for the TTRS discs?
Do we only need calipers, discs and new brake line when going from S3 setup?

Hi I have a 2009 Audi s3 and I am able to get Audi 2013 rs3 front and rear brakes and the wheels will the brakes fit on my car ??