RS3 to RS6

forever

Reaction score
Anybody made the jump? Love the RS3, but the 6 performance is calling :)

Reactions: RS4B5
Gone the opposite way. VERY different cars. RS6 has buckets of torque with instant usable power of a big diesel engine but with the added benefit of even more power at the upper end. Cabin is a much nicer place and considerably more comfortable to drive. However, it is starting to look dated with regards to tech if you consider the virtual cockpit. ZF 8sp works well. Even though the handling is night and day better than the C6 RS6, it still has a heavy front end. If you cherish the agility and handling of the RS3 the RS6 will disappoint.

Reactions: Terminator x and 45bvtc
Thanks, pretty much sold that i will be pulling the trigger soon, now to find a good one :)

Thanks, pretty much sold that i will be pulling the trigger soon, now to find a good one :)

I owned a 2014 with air suspension for a year and then chopped it in for a 2015 with much higher spec. For me DRC made a notable difference in handling. Sports exhaust is a must unless you are thinking aftermarket. Grab a 2016 facelift (matrix as standard) with DRC pack or performance (600ps) if budget will stretch.

Thanks will be a performance model, seems to me the later model dont seem to have as much in the way of packs added? My budget will get me into a late 17 early 18 model, but most just seem to have the pano roof or gloss packs :)

Reactions: Powerenhancer
Oh, and they look great and boy racers tend to leave you alone. Mine after its protection detail in 2016.

Attachments

• 20161005_171643.jpg
    20161005_171643.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 417
  • image-2018-07-10 (1).jpg
    image-2018-07-10 (1).jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 435
  • image-2018-07-10 (2).jpg
    image-2018-07-10 (2).jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 427
  • image-2018-07-10 (3).jpg
    image-2018-07-10 (3).jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 436
  • image-2018-07-10 (4).jpg
    image-2018-07-10 (4).jpg
    230 KB · Views: 479
  • image-2018-07-10 (5).jpg
    image-2018-07-10 (5).jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 459
  • image-2018-07-10 (6).jpg
    image-2018-07-10 (6).jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 428
  • image-2018-07-10 (7).jpg
    image-2018-07-10 (7).jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 419
  • image-2018-07-10.jpg
    image-2018-07-10.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 469
Reactions: Pinky1959, Deep penetrator, oli356 and 2 others
Thanks will be a performance model, seems to me the later model dont seem to have as much in the way of packs added? My budget will get me into a late 17 early 18 model, but most just seem to have the pano roof or gloss packs :)

The RS6 is a nice itch to scratch. I may get back in one in the future but will wait for the C8.

Reactions: RS4B5
@Leo-RS another good person to ask. He currently owns one and has had the RS3.

Up until recently, it was probably the ultimate all rounder that money could buy. Good report front Chris Harris here...

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/road/...s-the-ultimate-all-rounder-says-chris-harris/

There’s new generation cars now coming to the market, the new M5 with 4wd looks like it has taken things up a notch. The new E63S is also another contender. The Panemera Turbo S hybrid with close to 700hp is another leap in the fast “ultimate all rounder”

I suspect and hope this is the way the new C8 RS6 will go, a hybrid type motor.

The C7 RS6 now has been out since 2013 so 5yrs old now, it’s an amazing car and performance is brutal when you tune it. You have to be very careful when driving it hard tuned, the back end can be very lively stepping out on you. Sound is great with the full Milltek, it will easily go off it’s 200 clock if pushed hard enough on the autobahns.

Certainly you notice the weight difference stepping between the 2 cars.

C7 RS6 gets 9/10 for me as it literally is an ultimate all rounder.
FL RS3 gets 8/10 for me, excellent package, great price point, great engine.

Both great cars.

Reactions: Terminator x and jungle650
Thanks for taking the time to write such a compressive reply, currently love the RS3 especially the RS exhaust, but feel I have too try a RS6 while I can. Dealers seem to be happy to offer good deals as the new A6 is out soon....

Up until recently, it was probably the ultimate all rounder that money could buy. Good report front Chris Harris here...

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/road/...s-the-ultimate-all-rounder-says-chris-harris/

There’s new generation cars now coming to the market, the new M5 with 4wd looks like it has taken things up a notch. The new E63S is also another contender. The Panemera Turbo S hybrid with close to 700hp is another leap in the fast “ultimate all rounder”

I suspect and hope this is the way the new C8 RS6 will go, a hybrid type motor.

The C7 RS6 now has been out since 2013 so 5yrs old now, it’s an amazing car and performance is brutal when you tune it. You have to be very careful when driving it hard tuned, the back end can be very lively stepping out on you. Sound is great with the full Milltek, it will easily go off it’s 200 clock if pushed hard enough on the autobahns.

Certainly you notice the weight difference stepping between the 2 cars.

C7 RS6 gets 9/10 for me as it literally is an ultimate all rounder.
FL RS3 gets 8/10 for me, excellent package, great price point, great engine.

Both great cars.
And the TTRS 8.5/10?! ;)

Reactions: E15, AudiNutta and DW81
Apart from an agility test there is not much on the road that could trouble a stage 1 RS6!

The M5 is now a serious contender for those needing AWD. Fantastic tech and high spec as standard so light on the options. Not seen one in the flesh yet though.

Panamera is in a different price bracket and £2k month depreciation. Amazing machine but would need to be a used example for me.

I am looking to do this also but from an s3 8p to the 6. Unfortunately i have to wait till next year:(

I'm considering doing the same., but i'm concerned that when the new RS6 comes out at the end of the year, the values of the current RS6 will tank. What do people think?

Absolutely, especially as its not just a face lift but a whole new design..

I'm considering doing the same., but i'm concerned that when the new RS6 comes out at the end of the year, the values of the current RS6 will tank. What do people think?

Any idea what engine will be in the next generation? If they go away from the V8 potentially the current version will hold better.

Edit next gen gets aV8 also.

V8 but folks also said that when to went from the v10 to the v8 :)

The V10 design (C6?) never really did it for me :frown:

C7 was a massive improvement and I still think it's a corker!

The c7 is fab the c8 will have the same engine as the panmera turbo s e

I would be very surprised if it does not raise the bar again and set the new benchmark, hence why i feel that it will affect the C7, older models less so but nearly new and upto 18months old yes

I am in the same boat. The RS6 Performance is something else but handling not good as the RS3.