RS3 Suspension!

sam genovese

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I need your help with something as i am new to this so please no roasting, but i want to buy an RS3 2019 but i find that the suspension is very hard. So i was wondering if you could put thicker tyres on it to make it a smoother ride or even purchase an aftermarket suspension.

Everything helps!

Kind Regards

Reactions: ZN7
We don't roast here :icon thumright:

I dare say that both would be possible. You could certainly buy an aftermarket suspension setup although it may be slightly trickier if you have magnetic ride fitted.

I would think carefully about the decision though as I should imagine you would also lose a lot of (already somewhat lacking imo) steering feel.

Hey Everyone,
I need your help with something as i am new to this so please no roasting, but i want to buy an RS3 2019 but i find that the suspension is very hard. So i was wondering if you could put thicker tyres on it to make it a smoother ride or even purchase an aftermarket suspension.

Everything helps!

Kind Regards

I'm having this same issue. So I don't have mag ride fitted and my wife is currently pregnant so want to make the suspension a bit softer for when I have a little one in the car. Any help would be much appreciated

Easiest mod is to take a few psi out of the tyres, this will smooth the ride.
2nd option is to go to 18” wheels and higher profile tyres.
Maybe look at an RSQ3 instead. Compared to other performance cars the RS3 is relatively soft!!

If your ride is harsh and you have mag ride the first thing you need to do is get it calibrated by Alex at Vag Car Coding. Lots of cars were set incorrectly at the factory resulting in poor ride comfort.

Failing that I suggest KW V3 coil overs. You can adjust the rebound setting to your liking on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that the rs3 with magride is really smooth on minor bumps and imperfections but poor on bigger bumps, probably a characteristic of the mag ride.

I’ve been in a car with kw ddc (which I beleive is based on the v3) and the ride quality in the comfort setting is between Audi comfort and dynamic. It didn’t have the finesse of the mag ride for small bumps. Maybe with the v3 you can fine tune the settings but not sure you’d see a huge improvement as the spring rate is much higher than stock Audi.

There is only a couple,of inches of air and rubber between the road and your rims. So your best bet would be wheels and tyres. Maybe you could borrow a set of 18’s to try out.

or even purchase an aftermarket suspension.

I can recommend: KW Variant 3 shock absorbers and springs and the 034 ARB; this is the arrangement on my 8P Rs3 (8.5J with 255/30 fronts and 8J with 235 35 rears tyres for summer and/or 8J front and rear with 235/35 tyres for winter) and the ride and handling is perfect for us.