RS3 Sportback 8Y - New Owner Questions

Neil_79

Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of a new RS3 Sportback and just had a couple of questions which I hope the members might be able to help with.

The first question is about the steering - I'm struggling to notice any real difference in feel and weighting between 'comfort' and 'dynamic' - is this normal? The second question is about tyres. My car was supplied with Bridgestone Pontenza Sport, but was interested if anyone has tried running the car on Conti Sport Contact 7 and if so, if there was a noticeable improvement on the road? Having had a RS3 8V.2, I know the traction systems used to dislike anything other than the OE Pirelli's with the staggered set up.

Many thanks for your help!

I've just taken delivery of a new RS3 Sportback and just had a couple of questions which I hope the members might be able to help with.

The first question is about the steering - I'm struggling to notice any real difference in feel and weighting between 'comfort' and 'dynamic' - is this normal? The second question is about tyres. My car was supplied with Bridgestone Pontenza Sport, but was interested if anyone has tried running the car on Conti Sport Contact 7 and if so, if there was a noticeable improvement on the road? Having had a RS3 8V.2, I know the traction systems used to dislike anything other than the OE Pirelli's with the staggered set up.

Many thanks for your help!

Steering is same at standstill.
It’ll weight up in spirited driving which is noticeable.

Conti sport 7’s have good feedback from several owners I know who changed to them after their OE fitment tyres wore out.

The 8Y isn’t like the 8V.2 relating to being particular about fitting the Michelins / triggering traction control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x and Daggerit
Steering is same at standstill.
It’ll weight up in spirited driving which is noticeable.

Conti sport 7’s have good feedback from several owners I know who changed to them after their OE fitment tyres wore out.

The 8Y isn’t like the 8V.2 relating to being particular about fitting the Michelins / triggering traction control

Can confirm with Michelins, so won’t be an issue as long as you’re sticking to stock sizing.

Can confirm with Michelins, so won’t be an issue as long as you’re sticking to stock sizing.

Can confirm what ? I never asked lol

Reactions: Daggerit
Can confirm what ? I never asked lol

That changing tyres doesn’t trigger the traction control on the 8Y versus the 8V.2.

Although it did take a few times resetting the low pressure warning a couple times I guess.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Thanks all for the quick replies - I look forward to seeing the difference in steering once I begin to press on a bit!

That changing tyres doesn’t trigger the traction control on the 8Y versus the 8V.2.

Although it did take a few times resetting the low pressure warning a couple times I guess.

My only gripe of different tyres from the Pirelli’s is Michelins etc can look ‘blocky’ because of the squarer shoulders.

Not sure yet which I’ll change to myself.

My only gripe of different tyres from the Pirelli’s is Michelins etc can look ‘blocky’ because of the squarer shoulders.

Not sure yet which I’ll change to myself.

I know what you mean. Compared to the Bridgestones the Michelins aren’t that much squarer to be honest, but a massive difference to the Pirelli’s I’d imagine.

I have the conti 7s, and i dont kno whats up with my car but when i floor it i get loads of torque steer. Ive had my wheel alignment done as i thought my alignment was out and was causing it but still same. Also the contis kick up loads of stones from the roads

• Haha
Reactions: garethdj and Tommm
I have the conti 7s, and i dont kno whats up with my car but when i floor it i get loads of torque steer. Ive had my wheel alignment done as i thought my alignment was out and was causing it but still same. Also the contis kick up loads of stones from the roads

I found this with contis on my Type R, seemed to be very ‘sticky’ and liked to attract little stones