RS3 soundtrack, dynamic, Male v Female opinions.....

Spin140

Reaction score
Today was the first time we went out as a family in the RS as I usually travel solo.
Mum, Dad (me) up front cosseted by lovely lunar ss seats and 9 year old daughter plus 5 year old son in the rear. After 'warming' up en route to the motorway in comfort mode a little devil appears on my shoulder Dynamic is selected in a stealthy fashion and upon hitting the slip road I floor it and get hit with the full on soundtrack....

After joining the traffic I turn to my wife (huge grin on my face) and say "What do you think of that ?!?" A shrug of the shoulders and bemused look follows.
Next I ask my favourite girl what she thinks, mimics Mummy and looks indifferent.

This is going well then...

Turn to my 5 year old lad and ask him what he thinks of the sound..........

"Awesome Dad !!"

There it is then, scientific proof, women don't have a clue !....

Runs to hide

Reactions: RS3 S., CHEZ, AL_B and 12 others
My girlfriend hates the pops and bangs! I normally get a text off my mum before I go round asking to "turn the exhaust off"

Reactions: AudiNutta, Terminator x, Vins and 2 others
My girlfriend loves the sound to be fair. She said to me why do I have comfort mode.

Not a single person I've 'demonstrated' the cars 'many performance' strengths too including ... Sound on start up, sound at idle, Sound under acceleration, sound under deceleration and pops & bangs ... No one has failed to be impressed and raise a smile, everyone loves the RS3 :)

The fact you can totally quiet everything down too just makes the car so versatile. Motorway cruising at 70mph is both comfortable & quiet if that's what you want.

Joining a motorway has to be executed in dynamic though :sunglasses:

Reactions: AudiNutta, Scottyg, Ozmosis and 2 others
Today was the first time we went out as a family in the RS as I usually travel solo.
Mum, Dad (me) up front cosseted by lovely lunar ss seats and 9 year old daughter plus 5 year old son in the rear. After 'warming' up en route to the motorway in comfort mode a little devil appears on my shoulder Dynamic is selected in a stealthy fashion and upon hitting the slip road I floor it and get hit with the full on soundtrack....

After joining the traffic I turn to my wife (huge grin on my face) and say "What do you think of that ?!?" A shrug of the shoulders and bemused look follows.
Next I ask my favourite girl what she thinks, mimics Mummy and looks indifferent.

This is going well then...

Turn to my 5 year old lad and ask him what he thinks of the sound..........

"Awesome Dad !!"

There it is then, scientific proof, women don't have a clue !....

Runs to hide
Why say women don't have a clue? I don't understand why you say that. We women are equally experienced in driving cars and can appreciate comfort and dynamic mode. We mostly choose to just enjoy the experience and keep our thoughts to ourselves

Reactions: 45bvtc, hood, Ozmosis and 2 others
Sexism at its worst Sandra.. Give him a good knee where it hurts!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It really was intended as a tongue in cheek post however Sandra you are what some would call " a proper bird"

Now how sexist was that

Reactions: AudiNutta, Snake Pliskin, Marshy and 3 others
My Mrs appreciates all modes, doesn't drive the RS3 but frequently asks for a 'bit of dynamic mode' hahaha

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and RGBARGEE
My Mrs loves all the sounds! Can't say I've used this 'Comfort' mode you speak of...

I do have to be easy on the gas pulling onto the in-laws drive though else the dogs go mental inside apparently!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
Ha brilliant.

But on a side note to a few, get off your high horses, it's a bit of tongue and cheek

Reactions: Clart, D19NL B, froggyr32 and 1 other person
When I first picked mine up, I was popping and banging down the street with a huge grin on my face. My wife was quite indifferent to it and her words were " get it out your system"