Facelift RS3 Smoke Issue?

Daniel Knight

Reaction score
Hi All,

Over the past 2/3 weeks I've noticed white smoke is coming from the left side (if you were looking at the car head on) of my grill. I've checked all my levels and they are fine - Oil, Coolant etc. It also seems to be on any journey regardless of length, I've driven my car half an hour down the road tonight and over the weekend I drove it to Amsterdam, both times the white smoke appeared.

Ps, the snow hasn't been too bad where I live and from Calais to Amsterdam there was no snow at all.

Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

Only had anything like this after washing the car when it’s gotten very wet behind the grills, had somebody come up to me once in the petrol station and said “your car is on fire”, Christ gave me a heart attack until I’d turned around to look.

My PFL smokes too on cold damp/rainy commutes from the front grill. It did it the other night whilst sitting in rush hour traffic through London which looked pretty good in some wierd way. I put it down to the high temps this iron block gets and just condensation. If it’s making your car feel sluggish then could be a different thing altogether.

My FL saloon does the same when its raining. I put it down to being a warm engine and thin ali bonnet....... lets all the heat out.
Your right though......does look cool haha

There’s a difference between ‘smoke’ and ‘steam’! Is it smoking or is it steaming?!

I get the same on my FL saloon. I think its just water collecting behind the front grill/bumper. There are 3 rads and a intercooler squeezed in there so a lot of hot surfaces.

Reactions: DW81
Smoke gate as a returned. It stopped doing it for a week or so but this morning it's come back. Again, my levels are fine, I've checked my engine coolant levels, Oil etc. I think a trip to Audi is in order.

Smoke gate as a returned. It stopped doing it for a week or so but this morning it's come back. Again, my levels are fine, I've checked my engine coolant levels, Oil etc. I think a trip to Audi is in order.

From the front end when we haven’t had any rain? If so I’d definitely get it booked in, record the fault on video though as proof beforehand as they could need it for weeks to see it themselves.

From the front end when we haven’t had any rain? If so I’d definitely get it booked in, record the fault on video though as proof beforehand as they could need it for weeks to see it themselves.

I made sure I recorded it this time. I will update this thread on what Audi say, it's booked in for Thursday - wish me luck!

Reactions: wab172uk and AudiNutta
I noticed this today, car has been in my garage for a week and no driven, (although washed last weekend) drove it this morning and herein I parked back in my garage I noticed steam. its 1deg outside right now.

assume like others have said this is normal