RS3 SB Allocations

NotquiteWelsh

Reaction score
Apparently the allocation of these per dealer over the next year is predicted to only be a handfull.

So if you want one get in quick. I could have put a deposit on one today, but I won't be ready to buy for at least 18 months.

Reactions: Radman
Apparently the allocation of these per dealer over the next year is predicted to only be a handfull.

So if you want one get in quick. I could have put a deposit on one today, but I won't be ready to buy for at least 18 months.
Unfortunately as predicted. But not according to certain 'other' folk on here.

Reactions: Terminator x

Thats interesting.......

A couple of weeks ago I was passing Swindon Audi and called in to have a chat with the sales manager. He said that the SB may be available to demo drive by the summer, then maybe they can accept customer orders (choose specs) by August with expected delivery for late 2017. He also said that these cars may not be available in 'significant numbers' (meaning the UK).
I hope we are not going to see a repeat of the TTRS limited supply and premium price fiasco.

Reactions: Sandra
Bollards rumour control, there is NO waiting list and never will be, it will be available to order as soon as it's up on the configurator. YOU can't pre-order this or the saloon

Reactions: Beebee-one and D0C
Bollards rumour control, there is NO waiting list and never will be, it will be available to order as soon as it's up on the configurator. YOU can't pre-order this or the saloon
You can certainly place a pre-order stake with your dealer if you know them well. They will have an allocation of a few cars and you can certainly nab one of them. As for waiting lists.. I ordered my RS3 in August 2015 and had to wait until 2016 to collect. RS is not an off the shelf product and hopefully it never will be. Of course there will always be 'orphans' around but you will need to be lucky with spec.

Last edited:
You can certainly place a pre-order stake with your dealer if you know them well. They will have an allocation of a few cars and you can certainly nab one of them. As for waiting lists.. I ordered my RS3 in August 2013 and had to wait until 2014 to collect. RS is not an off the shelf product and hopefully it never will be. Of course there will always be 'orphans' around but you will need to be lucky with spec.

Hi mate,l do know my dealer well he's one of my offspring lol,you still cant order one until its up on the configurator

Reactions: deanshaw24
Hi mate,l do know my dealer well he's one of my offspring lol,you still cant order one until its up on the configurator
I understand that, but you can nab one of the launch cars if you are lucky, and also be first on this list to factory order by registering your interest early. There will be very few available I understand. Keeps the value up of our 20i6 cars!

Reactions: Radman
Just come back from a test drive in the TTRS Roadster...done it to see what this new engine is capable of,well this car is insanely fast...more like stupidly fast,very very noisey,pops bangs at will in any mode,S mode is just too loud,the engine/exhaust sound does sound different from the current RS3...TTRS has slightly higher pitch in tone it honestly sounds like a R8,dont know if l could live with a RS3 with this engine as its so damn noisey and never feels relaxed

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Just come back from a test drive in the TTRS Roadster...done it to see what this new engine is capable of,well this car is insanely fast...more like stupidly fast,very very noisey,pops bangs at will in any mode,S mode is just too loud,the engine/exhaust sound does sound different from the current RS3...TTRS has slightly higher pitch in tone it honestly sounds like a R8,dont know if l could live with a RS3 with this engine as its so damn noisey and never feels relaxed

Really !!!! ???
Was the experience as raucous as that ?
The RS3 is ultra loud on initial start up - especially from cold when the revs are higher, but then calms down.
Only when you select 'dynamic' is the car ultra loud and under 3,500 rpm its fine.
Post 3,500 rpm all hell breaks loose though :bluecar::dashsymbol::dashsymbol::boom::boom::dashsymbol::dashsymbol::boom::boom::speakerthree::speakerthree::speakerthree::sunglasses:

That can't be true as our old friend RVP has ordered one some time ago with discount.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta, Radman, dno_uk and 1 other person
Really !!!! ???
Was the experience as raucous as that ?
The RS3 is ultra loud on initial start up - especially from cold when the revs are higher, but then calms down.
Only when you select 'dynamic' is the car ultra loud and under 3,500 rpm its fine.
Post 3,500 rpm all hell breaks loose though :bluecar::dashsymbol::dashsymbol::boom::boom::dashsymbol::dashsymbol::boom::boom::speakerthree::speakerthree::speakerthree::sunglasses:
Yeah mate very noisy maybe because the roof was down at times lol Even with the roof up it wasn't much better , but the car just wanted to tear away constantly even at low revs,peak power seemed to be hit around 5500 rpm, in dynamic it never hit 7th gear, you need to be driving at least twice the motorway speed limit for the car to do that,l did encounter some floatyness on some Road surfaces,frantic is how l would sum up this engine even my son agreed with me on this 400 bhp = overkill in our opinion and maybe slightly disapointed
Wonder if the new car will have the same frantic feel to it?
Ps.l never felt any huge amounts of torque at all,power delivery is very linear indeed

Yeah mate very noisy maybe because the roof was down at times lol Even with the roof up it wasn't much better , but the car just wanted to tear away constantly even at low revs,peak power seemed to be hit around 5500 rpm, in dynamic it never hit 7th gear, you need to be driving at least twice the motorway speed limit for the car to do that,l did encounter some floatyness on some Road surfaces,frantic is how l would sum up this engine even my son agreed with me on this 400 bhp = overkill in our opinion and maybe slightly disapointed
Wonder if the new car will have the same frantic feel to it?
Ps.l never felt any huge amounts of torque at all,power delivery is very linear indeed

Well don't let that influence you mate, I am sure the RS3 will be totally fine.
Roadster with the roof down will for sure let more noise in - which I appreciate is not 'always' wanted.
That's the beuty of the RS3, it is there when you want it and very controllable in that sense.
The gearbox I find is perfect for pootling round town, long drives on the motorway or blasting up a slip road or rapid b road overtakes - whatever the mood takes.
I am sure your saloon with its tin top will be fine and I will be astonished if the engine / driving characteristics of the FL RS3 are like you have described the TTRS as yes that does sound unusable and too much for day to day.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I fired up the new TTRS several months ago already but indoors and it seems like not more noisy than our RS3, it feldt more resonated. Although I have Milltek catback non res but Sportexhaust is pretty close so not buying that it should be too noisy. Of course it also depends what everyone have driven before.

I think the RS3 in comfort mode is quiet enough. Then admittedly, all hell breaks loose in dynamic.

I found out a new torture technique today...driving your mum to an appointment with her adamant I do not exceed 2000rpm. Was agony!

Reactions: AudiNutta, Terminator x, Bristle Hound and 2 others
@jassyo06

Here you go mate.
Here's your ara blue FL with Alu pack on song ... & sounds ok to me :)

I fired up the new TTRS several months ago already but indoors and it seems like not more noisy than our RS3, it feldt more resonated. Although I have Milltek catback non res but Sportexhaust is pretty close so not buying that it should be too noisy. Of course it also depends what everyone have driven before.

Too noisy in a roadster perhaps on a daily bases you would tier quickly of this engine/exhaust, l have driven 2 RS3's and they sounded quite different from the car l drove today as l said it sounded like a R8 V10,l also felt the car had a slight wheel drive bias,a certain person who shall remain anonymous had the tail slightly out...several times lol it wasnt your normal test drive with a salesman lol

Last edited:
@jassyo06

Here you go mate.
Here's your ara blue FL with Alu pack on song ... & sounds ok to me :)

Same sound,its higher pitched than the current car but l dont think that car has the sports exhaust theres no pop n bangs as the tail pipes are in silver mate

Sounds lovely... not sure I like the blue, Alu pack or wheels though...

I got an email today about registering my interest ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
I registered my interest a few days ago following an email. Not sure the new one is worth trading my year old for. I may keep mine and think about an RS4 next time to keep her company??

Reactions: AudiNutta, Radman and Spaceman_RS3
I registered my interest a few days ago following an email. Not sure the new one is worth trading my year old for. I may keep mine and think about an RS4 next time to keep her company??

Jesus not a year into ownership no chance.
Would be crucified on price to change I am sure !!!!
Then again 1 or 2 years down the line, would you want another RS3 which is 95% identical to the car you have now ?
That will be my dilemma when I come to place an order for my next car September next year (for March 19 delivery).

Then again 1 or 2 years down the line, would you want another RS3 which is 95% identical to the car you have now ?
That will be my dilemma when I come to place an order for my next car September next year (for March 19 delivery).
RS4/RS5

I dont see the point in another 8V RS3 in a year or 2 time, might as well keep the one I've got. My late wife did have 4 8P A3 (all black) from 2003-2014 but frankly was getting a bit bored with them even though they got increasingly better spec/engines.

Hmmm I'm not sure I am comfortable spending that much on a car ... as much as I would love an RS4 or 5.
If the deal was attractive enough maybe but I will have to see nearer the time.
Possibly an S4 or S5 - the new ones have caught my eye I must confess & the interiors are pure class.
If they don't sort the squealing brakes sorted there is no way I will have another RS3 though that is for sure.
After 3 years I will have had enough, its annoying after just 1 year, so by end of year 3 it will be doing my nut in lol :)

Reactions: Radman and Bristle Hound
I dont see the point in another 8V RS3 in a year or 2 time, might as well keep the one I've got. My late wife did have 4 8P A3 (all black) from 2003-2014 but frankly was getting a bit bored with them even though they got increasingly better spec/engines.

Agreed ... the changes are not enough on the FL RS3 to warrant a change so can't see me in another one either tbh.
S4 or S5 front runners I would say as I can't see me straying from the Audi brand.
If a brand new S3 was in the pipeline in 2019 I could be tempted but reckon that will be 2020 won't it ?

Finally being a proud owner of this epic 5cyl engine, I can imagine I'll be disappointed with most other engines come replacement time.

Reactions: Radman, Terminator x and Snake Pliskin
what ... moving out the UK to sunnier climes ? :)
With this Brexit nonsense I may well spend longer in France and maybe base myself there. Will see what happens. I just hope someone sees sense and realises that blindly pursuing a hard brexit is damaging. I certainly don't want to drive around in a UK produced car at the moment!

Finally being a proud owner of this epic 5cyl engine, I can imagine I'll be disappointed with most other engines come replacement time.

That is true ... but I certainly don't want any mute soul-less electic $hi7 that is for sure !
I will stick with a combustable engine till there is no more super unleaded on the planet :)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Thundercliffe81 and Jassyo06
How do we know it's going to be damaging? It's not happened yet! If Europe doesn't reform (and I doubt it will) then if Le Pen, Wilders and the like fail in this round of elections they'll get in next time. That could mean France, Italy etc all having referendums. Europe would then be screwed while the UK gets to trade freely with many other nations around the world.

Living with and ruled by unelected, bullying bureaucrats...if that's your thing then I'm sure you'll get on just fine in Europe ;)

Reactions: Beebee-one and Spaceman_RS3
I had the same dilemma a decade ago when I had a B5 S4 and I was planning on getting the B5 RS4. The RS4 was of course a great car and if I didn't have the S4 already, I'd have got it. But it was almost identical inside so it didn't seem worth it. I got a C5 RS6 instead :)

I had the same dilemma a decade ago when I had a B5 S4 and I was planning on getting the B5 RS4. The RS4 was of course a great car and if I didn't have the S4 already, I'd have got it. But it was almost identical inside so it didn't seem worth it. I got a C5 RS6 instead :)

Wow awesome car :sunglasses: RS6 :sunglasses:

Hi mate,well due to several reasons l am going to bow out to would be RS3 ownership,been thinking about it since yesterdays test drive,main reason is my son is moving to BMW...yip he's going over to the dark side as a Sales Manager,all the other reasons are,l have grown tierd of the A3's interior no matter how you spice it up,its basically the same and getting a tad old looking compared to the new Audi's,l sat in a stunning S4 yesterday and its a ****** awesome place to sit in IT HAS THE WOW FACTOR,l dont like the exterior but love the A5/S5 exterior,l was offered 15% discount off a £44k S3 Saloon cracking discount it had me tempted for about a day lol a Audi "S car" wont do it for me no more.l need that WOW factor with parting with a 5 figure sum for a deposit on a car

So l will be keeping my hard earned cash in my bank account now and keep saving for another year,for a car that will really give that Wow factor feeling....

Last edited:
Reactions: FBF01, Snake Pliskin and Thundercliffe81
Hi mate,well due to several reasons l am going to bow out to would be RS3 ownership,been thinking about it since yesterdays test drive,main reason is my son is moving to BMW...yip he's going over to the dark side as a Sales Manager,all the other reasons are,l have grown tierd of the A3's interior no matter how you spice it up,its basically the same and getting a tad old looking compared to the new Audi's,l sat in a stunning S4 yesterday and its a ****** awesome place to sit in IT HAS THE WOW FACTOR,l dont like the exterior but love the A5/S5 exterior,l was offered 15% discount off a £44k S3 Saloon cracking discount it had me tempted for about a day lol a Audi "S car" wont do it for me no more.l need that WOW factor with parting with a 5 figure sum for a deposit on a car

So l will be keeping my hard earned cash in my bank account now and keep saving for another year,for a car that will really give that Wow factor feeling....

Omg !!!!!

Wow didn't see that coming :(

But do know where you're coming from.

You really sure an S4 or S5 couldn't tempt you .... I'd easily consider one and that's after owning an RS3.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Thundercliffe81
I say goodbye to my RS3 on Friday.
Had it a year now and need to release some cash pronto for something so it needed to go.
Got good money back though £37,600 with 14K miles on it so depreciation has been minimal.
Not sure whether to finance a new FL S3 SB or wait for the FL RS3. I just know I wouldn't last the summer driving about in a banger.
A bit scared if I pick another S3, as I've had the 8P and 8V already,that I will regret it and lose a ton of cash if I decide to flip.

Too noisy in a roadster perhaps on a daily bases you would tier quickly of this engine/exhaust, l have driven 2 RS3's and they sounded quite different from the car l drove today as l said it sounded like a R8 V10,l also felt the car had a slight wheel drive bias,a certain person who shall remain anonymous had the tail slightly out...several times lol it wasnt your

Probably you are not ready to buy anything at all and better to sit on the money as you say yourself.

There are many people who are in a buying phase of cars, boats or houses and can do it for years and years but will not ever buy anything because its the looking and comparing thing which is the big thrill for them. I am more of a doer - one look or testdrive can catch my interest, after that research and than it happens fast but we are all different.

Reactions: Arcam
Probably you are not ready to buy anything at all and better to sit on the money as you say yourself.

There are many people who are in a buying phase of cars, boats or houses and can do it for years and years but will not ever buy anything because its the looking and comparing thing which is the big thrill for them. I am more of a doer - one look or testdrive can catch my interest, after that research and than it happens fast but we are all different.

I don't window shop at all mate and your assumption of what kind of person l am is way off the mark when it comes to buying a car nothing Audi have at the moment is worth me parting with £13000 as a deposit then renting for years, simple as that nowt else.as l said l will keep my current car till next March, maybe my next car isn't even a Audi who knows, it maybe a BMW M car?