Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
See -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-saloon-unveiled.292714/

screen-shot-2016-09-29-at-13.10.26.jpg

& yes it is getting the new mk3 TTRS 394 bhp engine :thumbs up:

'The RS3 (saloon) will go on sale from summer 2017.'

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/rs3/97241/new-audi-rs3-saloon-unveiled-at-paris-2016
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-audi-rs3-saloon-is-a-four-door-395bhp-weapon/
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...i-rs3-saloon-and-rs3-lms-racer-revealed-paris

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Real shame there will be no manual option ..............

But this will be my next new car. Been waiting for this since the S3 Saloon (current car) came out, as I hate the look of the Sportback

Is uk release confirmed last I saw from Audi said USA and china only?

Reactions: Beebee-one
As per other thread, the (slightly) updated cabin will make a big difference and with the higher output it will be a great car.

Looks-wise, not bad at all. Slightly lowered and better offset wheels and it'll be very aggressive. Front end looks great, way better than those squished, grainy photos from earlier in the year. Even the arches look good from the front.

Rear diffuser is tidy too.

Again, Black pack looks miles better than the chrome.

The current RS3 SB isn't exactly a mini RS6 in the arches department, but lowered they look way better.

This saloon should be able to pull off the touring car look if tweaked. Current S3 saloons with the right mods look tasty, so this be great.

Practicality - I'll use the wife's X3.

Reactions: UV-RS3
Again, Black pack looks miles better than the chrome.
Oooh, I couldn't disagree more. The black pack looks very plain compared to the aluminium. Details are just lost against the shadows with the black pack. Perhaps the aluminium is a bit bling for some tastes but I think it looks far more 'premium product' than the plasticky look of the black.

Reactions: UV-RS3
I'm personally disappointed. Always been a lover of the RS4 saloon and Audi had the opportunity to make it clubsportesque, a bit wider, more of a glared arch as per M2. But no. To top it off the 'new' engine surprisingly isn't sub 4.0 secs which I really thought it would be on paper. I know the current SB is sub 4 with launch control and new saloon will be in real life but 0.2 increase in my eyes will not be noticeable at all. Shame really, opportunity missed.

I think it's pretty nice. Not as iconic as the sportback though, IMHO.
Interior looks great, exterior slightly granddad...
Would I buy it? Probably not. Like the TTRS I think it's over priced for what you get.
Each to their own though.
Wouldn't mind a go of one, bet it handles...:tonguewink:

Unless announced otherwise, it will be a LEFT HAND DRIVE car for the USA & apparently Chinese market.
I appreciate the euphoria and excitement over a new RS model ... but any forum members living in the UK are going to have to wait for a while yet if you want one of these with the steering wheel on the right hand side!

If anything, it's a real teaser from Audi for those of you waiting for news of a facelift S/B (which sadly hasn't yet materialised) and has certainly got my attention when you see the new goodies on offer. Whether you are a fan of the Sportback or the new shape saloon, its gonna be one special car which will raise the bar again for the competition.

Me also! Rather like bacon and eggs, the A3 and Sportback belong together for me! I'd still like one though! That LMS on the roads down here would get the cops going...

I see though that Audi still spoil the ship for a splodge of tar - they still have the piddly little discs on the rear! Surely for a few euros, they would just finish it off and put in a wave type disc..??

so no announcement for UK at all then ??

I like it, but prefer the sportback ... hopefully one of those will come to the UK in 2018 :)

I wish Audi wouldn't unveil their cars so far off from when they're available... it means a car bore like me will spend ages reading reviews and watching YouTube videos about them so that, by the time you can actually sit in one, they're old news. Like the TT-RS, announced ages ago but not yet available!

Just a thought of course - looks nice to me.

Great to see this finally announced. Dealers are taking deposits for them, so I would be shocked if it didn't make it to the UK market.

They have to sort out those wheels though. They're truly shocking looking.

I know what you mean spike but dealers will take a deposit on anything even if they give you it back they have gained the Intrest on it while they have it.

Somehow I can't see Audi releasing two variants of the RS3, I think it would be over kill for the range and for them in terms of them selling cars. So it looks like the pre face lift got the Sportback and the facelift gets the Saloon.

Reactions: Ozmosis, Terminator x and AudiNutta
The FL S3 comes in both saloon and fastback?
Output qIGhGE

Last edited:
Reactions: elton121272, ThatOneDude, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
RS3 looks great but I'm not big on the new wheels. They don't really seem to compliment the car well.

Reactions: Dave-o
RS3 looks great but I'm not big on the new wheels. They don't really seem to compliment the car well.

Yeah, but in 80's we had cars with small wheels like 12" and 13" on different cars and didn't look so good and turning wasn't so great either compared to a modern car with bigger wheels and for me it looks good.

English fine just the first person iv heard say they like the new style wheels lol

Does that mean the new RS3 will only be offered in Saloon version? No more Sportback???
Or it's late and I'm missing something!

Global car and all that they will sell more saloons to North America and China than hatchbacks

Thx mate. Odd choice... :-(

Global car and all that they will sell more saloons to North America and China than hatchbacks

They made a wise choice to go wtih the sedan. I think they could have given it a wider, more hulky stance with some arched fenders, but that aside, it still looks very muscular and I would buy it.

Personally I've never understood the appeal of the hatchback. Looks too "young" imo. Boy racer-ish. Stationwagon-ish.

I feel that same of the other Audi hatches. I think the RS4 and RS6 would look infinitely more appealing as a proper sedan.

Reactions: Dan_95-A3
Audi don't offer an RS Saloon. The B7 RS4 Saloon was popular, so it makes sense to offer the RS3 in Saloon version.

If it doesn't sell, then they'll soon revert back to Sportback.

But I never got the Sportback version. It always just looks like an S-Line TDI to me. Had zero appeal. I have an S3 Saloon in Sepang Blue, and personally think it looks far better than the S3 Hatch or Sportback.

As long as it's not silly priced, i'll be buying one. Once I get my head around no manual

Wonder if the new RS3 saloon will be available in this colour ... ;) :D

68152_10152760520913058_3254463950169940198_n_zps79cd7f00.jpg

I wish Audi wouldn't unveil their cars so far off from when they're available... it means a car bore like me will spend ages reading reviews and watching YouTube videos about them so that, by the time you can actually sit in one, they're old news. Like the TT-RS, announced ages ago but not yet available!

Just a thought of course - looks nice to me.

It's to give you time to save up or persuade the missus what a good investment it will be.. sod the holiday/new kitchen etc!!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
I wish the A3 was never optioned as a Saloon. I blame north America and their hate of wagons :( if we could get the rs3 sportback here I'd be all over it.

Sent from my Igloo

I think it's pretty nice. Not as iconic as the sportback though, IMHO.
Interior looks great, exterior slightly granddad...
Would I buy it? Probably not. Like the TTRS I think it's over priced for what you get.
Each to their own though.
Wouldn't mind a go of one, bet it handles...:tonguewink:
Couldn't have said it better myself. The A3 was always a sportback from what 2001 to 2012?

Sent from my Igloo

Colour choices are Glacier white,Vegas yellow, Mythos black, catalunya red, Nardo grey, Ara blue crystal same as the TTRS

Came across 'Porsche Arena Red' today and thought that would look great on an rs3 saloon. Almost candy apple like in the sun. Could be tempted depending how much neg equity/equity there is in my car by then..can't decide on colour tho! Will be exclusive again tho.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Came across 'Porsche Arena Red' today and thought that would look great on an rs3 saloon. Almost candy apple like in the sun. Could be tempted depending how much neg equity/equity there is in my car by then..can't decide on colour tho! Will be exclusive again tho.

Racing Mica Blue....or Nogaro......????

Racing Mica Blue....or Nogaro......????

Prefer Mica Racing to be honest, but if going blue would probably be a Porsche blue ie Miami/Gulf perhaps tho a bit light. (If possible)

Then there's always cornflower blue. which I love

Plenty of time to sway from colour tho the arena red is top for now..

Lovely car :). Good to see its being made in saloon form...